Default Male Witch

Is there such thing as a male witch?
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13   #2
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Default Re: Male Witch

Bartmanhomer,

I'm curious why do you think there wouldn't be? The question you ask seems to imply you do not think there are.

I will say historically that males are not identified as much as witches as they are identified as sorcerers, enchanters, mages, etc. Though that's also where you get into sorcerer / sorceress, enchanter / enchantress, where witch seems to be equally applicable to both sexes.
MonSno_LeeDra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13   #3
Winter

Well, countless men identify as witches, so I'd say that's a hearty "yes".

https://www.facebook.com/malewitchesunite
“Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come.”
- Franz Kafka
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13   #4
Bartmanhomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
Bartmanhomer,

I'm curious why do you think there wouldn't be? The question you ask seems to imply you do not think there are.

I will say historically that males are not identified as much as witches as they are identified as sorcerers, enchanters, mages, etc. Though that's also where you get into sorcerer / sorceress, enchanter / enchantress, where witch seems to be equally applicable to both sexes.
Sorry if my question sound rhetorical. I just thought if there are female witches exists, why not male witches.
Old 05-12-13   #5
Winter

No need for sorries. I think that most people are accustomed to the titles that MonSno_LeeDra mentioned, such as that of sorcerer, mage, and wizard (especially for the Harry Potter set), but "witch" is indeed a unisex term.

Have you had difficulty finding references about male witches? Or are you just generally accustomed to all things witchy and wonderful being associated with women?
“Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come.”
- Franz Kafka
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13   #6
Bartmanhomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
No need for sorries. I think that most people are accustomed to the titles that MonSno_LeeDra mentioned, such as that of sorcerer, mage, and wizard (especially for the Harry Potter set), but "witch" is indeed a unisex term.

Have you had difficulty finding references about male witches? Or are you just generally accustomed to all things witchy and wonderful being associated with women?
The second one. All things witchy and wonderful being associated with women.
Old 05-13-13   #7
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
Out of curiosity where have you been looking? Coupled to that what search criteria have you been using as word choice can be very limiting.
Old 05-13-13   #8
Bartmanhomer

Quote:
Out of curiosity where have you been looking? Coupled to that what search criteria have you been using as word choice can be very limiting.
I don't know. I haven't been searching into anything to be honest. I was just wondering if male witches existed anywhere.
Old 05-13-13   #9
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
Now i'm really confused. You made the above response in reference to Winters statement
Quote:
Now your stating

Quote:
I don't know. I haven't been searching into anything to be honest. I was just wondering if male witches existed anywhere.
Which implies or suggests that you haven't searched at all and it's all personal assumption of witchy things being associated to women predominately. That in my opinion does a dis-service to all women who claim a witchy pathway and all men who might claim such a pathway as well. A statement that you have not even tried to evaluate or validate for its truthfulness or fact on your own.

I'm disappointed in you BartmanHomer, I used to think you capable and resourceful enough to at least have research it enough to reach a position. I still think your quite capable of researching and reaching a position based upon your own perspective and beliefs. That's the position I really long to see again, you've done it in the past and I am sure you can do it again.
Old 05-13-13   #10
Bartmanhomer

Quote:
Now i'm really confused. You made the above response in reference to Winters statement

Now your stating

Which implies or suggests that you haven't searched at all and it's all personal assumption of witchy things being associated to women predominately. That in my opinion does a dis-service to all women who claim a witchy pathway and all men who might claim such a pathway as well. A statement that you have not even tried to evaluate or validate for its truthfulness or fact on your own.

I'm disappointed in you BartmanHomer, I used to think you capable and resourceful enough to at least have research it enough to reach a position. I still think your quite capable of researching and reaching a position based upon your own perspective and beliefs. That's the position I really long to see again, you've done it in the past and I am sure you can do it again.
All right. I'll researched it a little more.