Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Enchantment > Faerie Lore and Magic

Old 12-06-13   #11
feranaja

Default Re: Froud's Warning On Malicious Fae vs. Doreen Virtue's wishy washy slaphappy opinio

rofl, Katharine. We`re all a little batty here, in a good way I think.
you know one of my cats is fae, and I fervently believe that..perhaps I`m not all there either.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-13   #12
Katharine
Priestess of the Unseen

Default Re: Froud's Warning On Malicious Fae vs. Doreen Virtue's wishy washy slaphappy opinio

At least I'm in good company. Let's have a tea party.

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."
-Oscar Wilde

"Why, sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast." -Lewis Carroll

Voice In The Dark Blog
Katharine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-13   #13
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katharine View Post
I have followed the fae... Or, more accurately, tracked them down without an invitation. It was not a friendly or comfortable place. I very strongly felt some of them wanted to hurt me. I didn't stay long.

My standard for identifying spirits is simply to ask their name. They don't lie when I do that, ever. Is that only me, or does that work for others? I've had a few occasions where something tried to pretend to be someone I knew. And others where it was my own subconscious fooling around. Just asking works in either case.
I was taught, in being raised as a Christian, that in order to deal with a demon, you must get it to tell you its name. In the Bible, Christ asks a demon-possessed man's demon what its name is and they reply, "Legion, for we are many." It's viewed as an example of Christ's spiritual power that they responded honestly and instantly to him instead of playing head games - as they're often cited as doing with Priests in exorcism accounts. If you don't know the rest of the story, they then said, "We know who you are. Are you here to torture us? Let us go into these pigs instead..." Christ gives them permission and they enter the pigs and the pigs then burst through their gate and drown themselves in the river. There is more hidden meaning here as well... The pigs were owned by a Jewish man - they were considered unclean at the time in the Jewish Old Covenant. So Christ not only healed the one man, but punished the other for breaking Jewish law. Anyway, the point is, the name is very important in dealing with negative spirits in many religions and spiritual paths and regardless of whichever one you might choose to believe in this from, I personally believe it to be true, myself... That was the first account of the importance of name that I ever learned though as my parents were quite devout. I believe it transcends religion or creed.

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
Hibiscus Moon Crystal Academy Website Alumni Page
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©
CrystalHealingCare@outlook.com
www.CrystalHealingCare.com

Facebook:Facebook.com/CrystalHealingCare
Twitter:Twitter.com/CrystalHCareCCH
Instagram: Instagram.com/CrystalHealingCare
LadyOfTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-13   #14
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

I have fae that help me with my orchids. I built them furniture and they get cream and pastries left out for them, especially if something happens like an accidental overwatering or overfeeding. I have witnessed them recover the blooms in a less than 24 hour period in exchange for shiny objects, tiny furniture and cream or butter. I might start sleeping with cast iron in my bed though, to keep the "bad" ones away... I guess I'm in the nuthouse now, too.

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 12-06-13   #15
DrumWolf
Dark Green Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOfTheTrees View Post
I was taught, in being raised as a Christian, that in order to deal with a demon, you must get it to tell you its name. In the Bible, Christ asks a demon-possessed man's demon what its name is and they reply, "Legion, for we are many." It's viewed as an example of Christ's spiritual power that they responded honestly and instantly to him instead of playing head games - as they're often cited as doing with Priests in exorcism accounts. If you don't know the rest of the story, they then said, "We know who you are. Are you here to torture us? Let us go into these pigs instead..." Christ gives them permission and they enter the pigs and the pigs then burst through their gate and drown themselves in the river.
Never understood this part. What did the pigs do to deserve this? Why did the "all loving" Christ (so we're told) allow this to happen?

Last edited by DrumWolf; 12-06-13 at 10:34 PM.
DrumWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-13   #16
Katharine
Priestess of the Unseen

Quote:
Never understood this part. What did the pigs do to deserve this? Why did the "all loving" Christ (so we're told) allow this to happen?
Abrahamic theology does not acknowledge the sanctity of animals. It does not necessarily forbid animal abuse. Only humans have souls, remember?

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."
-Oscar Wilde

"Why, sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast." -Lewis Carroll

Voice In The Dark Blog
Old 12-07-13   #17
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Animal abuse is extremely forbidden. They had dietary restrictions that were for physical cleanliness. In the days when they implemented laws on not eating anything with paws, one foot (shellfish), bottom feeding fish, by-products, and pigs, it was mostly for the reasons of not catching diseases. Theologically, God had not sent his son to die yet, so in order to appease "Him," they had to make burnt offerings, which were slaughtered animals. Most ancient Pagan societies did this too though. There are plenty of verses that speak of the sacredness of animals, so I don't think that it was a disrespect type thing. When Christ sent the demons into the pigs, it was to show that at that time, they could only be "saved" by good works, illustrating the need for "salvation through grace." I hope this helps explain, some... I've spent my whole life trying to work out these kinks, lol. I hairsplit everything.

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 12-07-13   #18
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Oh wait, Christ didn't kill the pigs! I forgot to add, the demons killed the pigs.

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 12-07-13   #19
Katharine
Priestess of the Unseen

Christ inflicted the demons on the pigs, so he might as well have killed them. People would have objected had he sent the demons from one person to another, but this is okay because they're JUST pigs, and therefore expendable.

-Oscar Wilde

Voice In The Dark Blog
Old 12-07-13   #20
ffetcher

Gdtting back to the fae for a minute, although my example is kind of related to the pigs. Where I was brought up, the fae aren't particularly good or malevolent, they're just... ...other. I was trying to come up with an example whilst soaking in the bath and I think I have a rough analogy.

Imagine a race-horse trainer with a horse the owner wants trained to run over jumps. Clearly the trainer wants the horse to have a good life, because then it might win some races, and the trainer might make some money. The horse likes the good life, and therefore jumps over fences in return. The horse probably isn't aware that if it makes a bad mistake it may be destroyed, but the owner and trainer see nothing wrong in doing so - it's just a part of what they do. If it survives, at the end of its racing career, the horse may be put out to stud, or may be destroyed. Again, no-one in the racing community sees a moral problem with that.

It's not an exact analogy with what I was taught, but it's close.

blessings
ffetcher
(a tee-shirt for the top quark team at CERN: now the title of an anthology of papers on quantum physics edited by Stephen Hawking)
ffetcher is offline   Reply With Quote