Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Witchcraft > Practical Magic

Practical Magic A forum for sharing techniques of practical magic

Old 01-21-15   #1
Bartmanhomer

Default Satanic Magic

I was going to post this thread to the LHP forum but the Practical Magic forum fits better. Anyway have anyone ever use Satanic magic before even if you're not a Satanist?
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-15   #2
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Default Re: Satanic Magic

I'd have to ask first how are you defining Satanic magic? Figure Satanist and Satanism alone covers many categories and disciplines that are under the "Satanic" heading but have nothing to do with "Satan".

In some capacities any time you do something for the self and only for the self then you've crossed into what some would consider LHP and Satanic categories. Under that definition and usage then yes I have engaged in Satanic magical practices.
Old 01-22-15   #3
Bartmanhomer

I defining Satanic magic is dark magic.
Old 01-22-15   #4
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Still real broad BartmanHomer. Consider you do a tarot reading with the intent of exploiting another person that is dark magic in its basic form. Realistically any magical endeavor that brings fortune to me by preventing another from getting or changing what they do get, it could be seen as dark magic's.

Nope still to broad a usage to define it against in my opinion.
Old 01-22-15   #5
feranaja

I've never done anything involving Satan, whom I see as a Christan egregore of evil. I have however many times done things some would consider "dark". I have never cursed another person but I have sent curses back wrapped up in special paper. I have never interfered with free will save the one time I did a binding on a person knowingly spreading AIDS. I have laid a geis many times, so that if someone does not continue a vile behaviour no harm comes to them, but if they do...
Is that dark? I dislike the terms dark and light used to convey good and evil, to me they are simply aspects of the whole - day and night, turn of the seasons, birth, growth, death, rebirth. They convey wholeness. yet people persist in using these terms as if they mean Good and Evil.

If you are asking have I ever done evil, at all? Well not intentionally, but I believe there is more relativity to the terms than there are absolutes. Have I committed absolute evil, such as murder or cursing someone innocent? No, of course not.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-15   #6
Bartmanhomer

I never said you done evil Feranaja but I consider Satanic magic is evil. Anyway you're right MonSno_LeeDra I should have put this thread to the LHP forum. But to discover how magic and Satanism is connected they must have done a lot of crazy stuff mixing with magic.
Old 01-22-15   #7
feranaja

I was just making clear, my position on all of this. There is tremendous arrogance is claiming one is "All Light" - I used to do that, but I learned. Darkness is part of magic and life. It is not evil, in and of itself, in any way, shape or form.

To identify too much with either darkness or light is to miss the whole point of magic, anyway.

To be fair, Bartman - not all Satanists are unethical and evil people. I have my private thoughts on this, but there are many who follow a Setian path and while I feel it is misguided, doesn't mean they are evil. I see appalling evil done in the name of the God of light, all the time. Any philosophy can be put to the service of evil, or of light. truly - not all Satanists are evil. I've met much more malevolent Druids.

Shane Parrish
Old 01-22-15   #8
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
I never said you done evil Feranaja but I consider Satanic magic is evil. Anyway you're right MonSno_LeeDra I should have put this thread to the LHP forum. But to discover how magic and Satanism is connected they must have done a lot of crazy stuff mixing with magic.
Truthfully BartmanHomer I think your trying to insert an ethical position into a magical application question. Magic in and of itself is never good, bad, right, wrong, etc for it is an action and has no moral or ethical notion to it. Simply a force that is put into motion and performs its intended purpose.

Your insistence on calling it Satanic Magic already identifies your own moral and ethical position on this discussion. In that light there can be no true answer for ethically and morally you've already decided how you define both degree's and placed them.

Your good is probably no where near my good, inversely your bad is no where near my bad in defining them. The best one can hope to achieve in my opinion is the consideration of each others ethical position towards magical usage.

I figure in reality this whole thread will revolve around the notion of intent of the practitioner not the purpose of the usage.

Consider your current thread about the girl who has not contacted you again. All your intent, action, manipulation and workings appear to be about making her contact you. In its base form that is or could be seen as a Satanic usage of your magical force to make her contact you whether it be for or against her own judgement. That you appear to be creating a situation that didn't exist outside of your own imagination could also be ruled as Satanic given your statements are more about her to you than about her supposed safety and status. Yet you think about it, take action upon it and generate the magical currents to affect / effect it for your own need.

In the end I'll stand by my position of you trying to insert moral and ethical boundaries upon magical actions. Yet the boundary only serves to place the practitioner in some corner you've created and criteria you've established as good and bad, right and wrong, etc.

Especially if you consider Satanic is a frame of reference about a methodology and mindset towards something not how that something is actually carried out.
Old 01-22-15   #9
Bartmanhomer

MonSno_Leedra I didn't mean to be all black and white. I'm just trying to get used of thing of how Satanic magic works. And feranaja maybe you're right maybe not all Satanist are unethical and evil people. But the use and intention of magic makes them whatever are good or evil.
Old 01-22-15   #10
feranaja

Bartman, I do believe that many Satanists are people with an ethical centre, unlike all kinds of other people. Where they go wrong is, their whole belief structure is based on the Self; the notion that the needs of the One outweigh the needs of the Many. It's unbalanced and narcissistic. So, they do contribute to evil in this world, but not more than others who claim to believe in the needs of the Many.
Gets complicated, but it bears thinking about - deeply.
And discussion.

Shane Parrish