Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Witchcraft > Hearthcraft and Hedgewitchery

Hearthcraft and Hedgewitchery Working with the magic and spirit of hearth, home, kith and kin..creating a magical sanctuary, including kitchenwitchery and garden magic

Old 05-14-13   #11
DonelleBeira

Default Re: Ritual Bath herbs/salts/preparations

Glorious Goldenrod! I love this plant and have bunches growing here!

http://www.susunweed.com/Article_Glorious-Goldenrod.htm

"Remember these moments always, but do not ignore the sad times, either. Memory is the greatest of gifts."
Spoken by Aditu, a Sithi (an Elf)
from "To Green Angel Tower II"
by Tad Williams
DonelleBeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-13   #12
Fethenwen

Default Re: Ritual Bath herbs/salts/preparations

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
Oh Fethenwen - Solidago is superb for muscular pains. I hope to blog about this soon. many things you can use (and I have poplar in just about every muscle salve I make) but there's more to herbal pain relief than arnica. Solidago(there are many species) is a very underused plant medicine, but incredibly useful.

Henriette may have written about this - I don't know where I first learned it, but I harvest copiously every late summer. I'll see what I can turn up as i don't have time to write a full monograph myself today.

I just walked out in my yard(heaven on earth) to feed *my*squirrel, and the scent of balsam polar was almost overwhelming. Seriously one of the most beautiful things on earth - standing in a circle of green, sunrise on the dew, inhaling such beauty. Don't forget your poplar oil in the spring, I only got a pint this last season!
Awesome! Yes, I would love to read your blog post about it.

Goldenrod seems to be quite a common plant here too, I will definitely get acquainted with it this summer.

It's funny how spring hits you every year, I never get used to it. It is just so overwhelmingly lovely Suddenly everything just starts to turn green, and the wind is getting warm and pleasant.

Edit: ^ Seeker - great article.
Fethenwen is offline   Reply With Quote