Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Dreamwork and Interpretation

Dreamwork and Interpretation All methods and systems of working with, learning from and interpreting our dreams

Old 05-17-14   #1
CatTheMinion

Default Looking for help with something I heard in my dream

I had been really drowsy all day, not all the way in my body. I think i am now finally, but before that I was crashed out with a nap. I had a couple of different dreams, one involved a kitten that I eventually was trying to feed bits of hamburger to. I had woken up after being passed out for about an hour and a half, and I was struggling to wake up, I was lying face down towards the outside of my bed, and I heard, from the left,

"You're the sun sasil ___" I think the second word is sasil. Say-zill. it was pronounced but i saw the word. I was repeating it because it was important, but i immediately passed out again and i lost the last word. was chamber, or dial or something? i felt like it meant doorway. I am mad that i lost the word. I lost the second word too, because i passed out again a second time. It was important. I don't often remember words in dreams. but i wasn't all the way asleep. i feel like the AY might be the wrong vowel sound for the first syllable in sasil, but i'm sure it was spelled that way.

I woke up finally really groggy, and went downstairs. my parents were making dinner so i tried to move about, which is hard when you're not all the way in your body, and i discovered another bad bug/spider/wasp bite/sting on me. this time it was right leg, back of the thigh where i can't really see it. so i put ammonia on it and then it felt like i was about to keel over. lung collapsing, heart stopping kind of feeling. I was like shit i don't want to go to the hospital that's a lot for my parents at this time of evening. i felt better with food and when the allergy pill kicked in. had another bite thing almost back of my knee on the left a couple days ago. Also felt better after a shower, too.

main point is i'm rather wondering WTF sasil means. i googled it and got a south korean forecast. I'm thinking maybe it does have something to do with sun, but i hope to find out what it means.
Old 05-17-14   #2
feranaja

Default Re: Looking for help with something I heard in my dream

could it possibly have been "deosil" - pronounced "jesh-il" but often mispronounced as DAY -Oh - sil. If you're unfamiliar with the term it's a Scottish/Gaelic word that means "sunwise" or clockwise, as in moving around a circle...following the path of the sun.
Just what jumped out at me.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-14   #3
feranaja

Cat, with this feeling out of the body" - have you started practising any techniques to get grounded, to control the problem?

Shane Parrish
Old 05-17-14   #4
CatTheMinion

I feel like it's too early to presume, but it could be. I know when I was meandering about on the forums here, that "deosil" stood out to me, but it could be because I'd never seen that particular word before. I think the third word I was missing is "gate."

When I have out of body feelings, usually it is when I'm dreaming that I'm somewhere far away, a location more than an hour away by car, or someone is needing me and calling me out - usually a friend or a deceased relative. I don't really consider it a problem, unless I'm trying to do stuff. My mental/emotional problems make it difficult for me to have a day like a normal person that's (highly) productive.

I haven't practiced grounding much in my life, because I don't think I heard the term at all until this year. I've heard of running a line down to the ground, or a column through yourself, but I didn't know what it was called when I've done it before. I'm making my way through the beginner energy course on the forum here, and when I'm making energy stuff now, or when I think about doing energy work, i tend to run a line down, and usually up, too.

A few times when I did specific AP "work" I tied myself to myself and set a guard on my body.
Old 05-17-14   #5
feranaja

All kinds of ways to ground. The usual approach is relaxation, then grounding and centering. I have my way of doing it, there are many and you should find what works for you. Some ideas here: http://www.earthsongforums.com/forum...ead.php?t=8732

and in that forum, generally.

Shane Parrish
Old 05-17-14   #6
CatTheMinion

Oh I like the roots concept. That seems a lot more potent than just catching a beam, or dropping a line
Old 05-19-14   #7
feranaja

The idea of putting a root down and then pulling up energy is a classic one. I sometimes pull up *just* earth energy and other times, I balance all four elements in the process. The main thing is to get connected and fully in your body. You can use aura work to further "solidify" your sense of boundaries too. It's all very helpful.

Shane Parrish
Old 05-19-14   #8
CatTheMinion

OOOH. I hadn't thought of pulling different KINDS of energy. Fantastic! I love this forum, you guys are so knowledgeable.