Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Dreamwork and Interpretation

Dreamwork and Interpretation All methods and systems of working with, learning from and interpreting our dreams

Old 12-07-15   #1
BigAl
Eclectic

Default Jenny

Wouldn't mind some input into this one:

"I am walking along a sunken road, left to right. It is demarked by a modern fence, through which, over the bank, I glimpse a great army moving in the same direction as me. They are dressed in the style of the Roman Legion.

Ahead, a track joins from the left. Standing there is my feminine aspect, dressed in a simple white shift. As I approach, she climbs into the field and transforms into a wolf called Jenny.

I am flying above and watch as she disappears into a ravine. Climbing out the other side, she traverses the side of a massive, ancient burial mound; so long lost to folk memory that it has "always" been considered a natural feature - it is that big.

At the edge of a small lake on the other side of the mound, she stops to drink, and lies down to rest.

I fly on down the valley and among the bracken and stone, see a small boy, barefoot and dressed only in pyjamas. He is walking up the stream, occasionally stopping to inspect an interesting pebble.

I awake to the opening bars of "Leaving the Land".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHfrx_BnNNA

(You will need to listen to it, to understand why I woke with a jolt!
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15   #2
LarkWahya
Mystic Mouse

Default Re: Jenny

Oh wow very interesting hmm.... I'll have to think on this one a bit and get back to you. I will ask a starting question though, is any of the symbolism in your dream particularly rooted in your path? Like the wolf or the burial ground?

Do you think amethysts could be the souls of good violets? ~Anne of Green Gables
Green is the primary color of the world
LarkWahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15   #3
BigAl
Eclectic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkWahya View Post
Oh wow very interesting hmm.... I'll have to think on this one a bit and get back to you. I will ask a starting question though, is any of the symbolism in your dream particularly rooted in your path? Like the wolf or the burial ground?
Hit them both, LarkWahya!

Wolf is pretty much always by my side (though the name Jenny is a new development...), and the place of the dead is where much of my light work gets done. The little boy picking up the interesting pebbles fits too, what with the crystal aspects of my everyday practice. In some ways it's maybe all too connected, so I'm struggling to see the trees for the woods...

Much appreciate any thoughts.
Old 12-09-15   #4
Brigidrose
Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
Wouldn't mind some input into this one:

"I am walking along a sunken road, left to right. It is demarked by a modern fence, through which, over the bank, I glimpse a great army moving in the same direction as me. They are dressed in the style of the Roman Legion.

Ahead, a track joins from the left. Standing there is my feminine aspect, dressed in a simple white shift. As I approach, she climbs into the field and transforms into a wolf called Jenny.

I am flying above and watch as she disappears into a ravine. Climbing out the other side, she traverses the side of a massive, ancient burial mound; so long lost to folk memory that it has "always" been considered a natural feature - it is that big.

At the edge of a small lake on the other side of the mound, she stops to drink, and lies down to rest.

I fly on down the valley and among the bracken and stone, see a small boy, barefoot and dressed only in pyjamas. He is walking up the stream, occasionally stopping to inspect an interesting pebble.

I awake to the opening bars of "Leaving the Land".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHfrx_BnNNA

(You will need to listen to it, to understand why I woke with a jolt!
I was at first looking for meanings for you regarding the wolf, It did not really jive with the rest of the dream. I feel, that the female Jenny is one of your Guides, as is the Wolf and is possibly showing you things that resonate with how you are feeling at this particular time.
My other feeling is that with what is going on in the news at this time has something to do with this.
Something about your ancestors and the fact that you are flying above and watching a child in his innocence looking at pebbles makes me think that there is still innocence and new sight .
Sounds jumbled but I am just throwing out some ideas. I know when I have dreams full of symbols it takes me a couple of days to figure out their meanings. Usually its my very first thought...then I sometimes read too much into them...so when I go back to my first thought it will come into a better light.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-15   #5
BigAl
Eclectic

Thanks for you input, Rose.

Know what you mean about over analysing it. Still trying to dig back to "first feelings" lol

The whole burial mound part seemed to take forever during the dream - kind of like an unpacking of the history of the location. Confusion as to whether the Roman Legion was linked to it, and so on.

I should really just stick with pebble inspection duties...