Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Everyday Life > Gender and Identity

Gender and Identity Forum for the discussion of gender and sexuality and how it factors into identity

Old 05-26-12   #1
PrincessKLS

Default OMFG: Gay advice from a femme gay girl who has no gaydar....

Okay it's from one of the girls on LezbeonTalk on Youtube and I finally got my home internet back so I decided to watch some of my video subscriptions:

I know one time I posted one of their videos here and people's brains got hurt and I was puzzled by the reaction a little but after watching this video, now my brain hurts. This girl has to be officially stupid and an insult to the lesbian community or something.

Like one of the many huge assumptions she makes is that if a girl in college gets involved in gay and feminist politics than she's automatically gay??? WTF, I'm not gay and I'm in Gay-Straight Alliance, not to mention a small time feminist. To my knowledge all types of girls, especially straight girls are interested in feminist and women's issues and will take women's studies as a class, or even a major/minor. And times have changed, there's lots of straight people getting into gay rights politics and organizations now. It's kind of like the white supporters in the black civil rights movement of the 60s.
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12   #2
inkdreamer
Queen of Hearts

Default Re: OMFG: Gay advice from a femme gay girl who has no gaydar....

What kind of bs was that when the note said "Before commenting watch our other video that explains this one." LAME!

Gay bars have straight nights. What? I had never heard of that.
Old 05-26-12   #3
Fethenwen

ok here's the video she is trying to explain it with:

I still don't get it, why the heck did she make the first video in such a way that would create such a confusion, did she not expect people to become provoked by it??

Yeah, according to her video, I in her eyes would be really super gay lol

Last edited by Fethenwen; 05-26-12 at 01:17 PM. Reason: added some
Fethenwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12   #4
PrincessKLS

According to some of this, I would at least be bisexual like her partner who's also on the show. I'll give her partner credit though, she supposedly has the gaydar and would've probably been better suited for this particular video. But anyway, I'll stay subscribed to them for my own and other amusement. If you'd like, I can probably post more videos of this channel here to become a running joke on the forum
Old 05-26-12   #5
PrincessKLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fethenwen View Post
ok here's the video she is trying to explain it with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSQwUcHFoic

I still don't get it, why the heck did she make the first video in such a way that would create such a confusion, did she not expect people to become provoked by it??

Yeah, according to her video, I in her eyes would be really super gay lol

OMFG, I'm like her, I have no gaydar, except for the stereotypical kind where someone has to be a hardcore butch or a queen, or at least wear the rainbow symbol around their neck before I realize they are gay. But I have a good excuse, I'm straight and most of the gays I've known in my life were of the extreme variety or at least in the case of bi girls femme to sort of gender bending in their look and attitude. But you don't see me do a video for something I'm not qualified for, And wtf is up with the "hair on top of your head thing"? To my understanding, it's very classy, and fashionable for women (and very femme) to wear buns on the side or on top of their heads unless she's talking about another hairstyle.