Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Creative Spirituality

Creative Spirituality A forum to discuss emergent and eclectic spiritual practices, traditions and personal paths

Old 10-17-10   #11
petrus4
Leaper

Default Re: Summarize your spiritual path without...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Brooks View Post
I believe that good and evil are objective realities, and that there is an on-going war between my God and a monster that wants to destroy everything. I also believe that the ethical and unethical choices of human beings are directly related to this war. I therefore do my best to make ethical choices and to be a good person as my way of contributing to my God's war effort, and I hope to be accepted into His kingdom in the northern sky when I pass from this world.
Interesting, Darth. The monster who wants to destroy everything; is that Apophis?
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10   #12
Darth Brooks
What Would Typhon Do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrus4 View Post
Interesting, Darth. The monster who wants to destroy everything; is that Apophis?
Yup, you got it.

Last edited by Darth Brooks; 10-18-10 at 12:23 AM.
Darth Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10   #13
Cassie
Lady of the Left

I believe there is a higher universal intelligence and force which we are all connected to through our souls. I think that this intelligence communicates with us in many ways including direct inspiration and inspiration through nature, but also through the personalities and powers of the deities and archetypes of many religions. For me, that communication and understanding comes most directly through Hathor/Het Hert although I acknowledge, respect and sometimes work with many other deities.
I also believe that we have eternal souls and that a large part of our purpose in living is to experience and learn through all the things a physical body can do and experience. Some souls also have more specific "life missions". Ultimately I think souls need to learn, evolve and eventually blend back into the universal intelligence, bringing all their life lessons with them.
I also think that in this era one unifying goal of most souls is to establish a just and responsible form of community/society here on Earth.

My spiritual practices mostly revolve around learning more about my spiritual nature and purpose through study, prayer and meditation. This includes the kind of inspiration that can be found in forums like this.
I try to be morally and ethically consistent and live in such a way that is respectful to the environment and the people around me.
I practice witchcraft partly as a way of immersing myself in the greater supernatural realities and partly as a sign that I am ready to take baby steps in molding my own reality and take responsibility for my own actions and morals.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10   #14
oonagh sidhe

i believe that the universe, nature and deity are the same thing, derived from the same substance and contained within a single unity that allows for nothing supernatural or separate from it. (this from the pantheist forum's new dictionary)
oonagh sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10   #15
Arvodd

After much thought, I can sum up my path in 2 words, existential zen.

Greed is fine, if practised in moderation

www.millstreamforge.co.uk.
Arvodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10   #16
Cassie
Lady of the Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvodd View Post
After much thought, I can sum up my path in 2 words, existential zen.
But they are labels aren't they?
What do they really mean?
Old 10-18-10   #17
mr cheese
Chthonic Dreamer

to restore the waste land............
through whatever means are neccessary

"He," I answered, "who loves to contemplate truth…who is able to arrive at whatever remains ever constant. He who is capable of seeing the Whole is a philosopher; he who is not, is not."

Plato (Republic, V, 475; VI, 481-485)

mr cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10   #18
David_2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
I believe there is a higher universal intelligence and force which we are all connected to through our souls. I think that this intelligence communicates with us in many ways including direct inspiration and inspiration through nature, but also through the personalities and powers of the deities and archetypes of many religions. For me, that communication and understanding comes most directly through Hathor/Het Hert although I acknowledge, respect and sometimes work with many other deities.
That actually sums up part of what I was trying to say, although, I think you made it clearer .
David_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11   #19
Cassie
Lady of the Left

*Bump*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
Can you summarize your spiritual beliefs and practices (what you believe and what you do) without using obvious labels such as Wiccan, Pagan, New Age, Christian etc.?
Old 10-22-15   #20
Sollie

My spiritual path is attaining the goal of recognizing the energy within and around myself, attuning with it in a way to bring contentment, love, grace, awareness, and happiness to myself and around me.

I seek the tangible to understand and explain the intangible.

In less pretentious wording...

I use experience, psychology, practices such as meditation, etc, in addition with a variety of physical tools to explore the world around me and how I interpret it and use that knowledge to better what I can in my limited time here.

Eat early, then eat pizza rolls when at home.
Sollie is offline   Reply With Quote