Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Everyday Life > Gender and Identity > The Venus Forum

The Venus Forum For all topics specific to women; health, beauty, relationships, career, spirit.

Old 06-06-10   #1
PrincessKLS

Default Aging in women

I never thought I'd see the day but I'm 26 and starting to worry that I don't look young anymore. I used to hate it at ages 18-24 being told I looked anywhere from 14-20 years old but now I want to look younger longer. I've been told lately that I am starting look around my age. I haven't noticed any wrinkles and I still get acne but I have shorter hair that I'm trying to grow back out and I have somewhat puffy eyes or dark circles. Why does it seem like in our society women can't age past 21 or 25? I mean I live in a region of the world where at least in our workforce age is a blessing and I suspect one of the reasons it was so hard for me to get a job in my town was because I looked so young. But I've always fantasized about wanting to be an actress and I know for their standards I'm too old to start and you have to look young for their industry but I don't know, I just feel like much of my young adult life was steeped in all types of depression and I didn't really get to live it.
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10   #2
Seraphyna
Resident Polywere

Default Re: Aging in women

I know what you mean about your youth being lost in a haze of depression. I feel the same way. I feel like age is such a sore subject for women...but not most men for some bizarre reason. Western culture puts far too much emphasis on youth and beauty. I say get old with pride.

By the way, you're not old :P I'm only 24, but I still count my birthdays as anniversaries of my turning 21

"You do not have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body."-C.S. Lewis
"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain."-Blue Oyster Cult
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
Seraphyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10   #3
PrincessKLS

Okay, it's just I know for my age I'm a bit inexperienced and I worry about that too much I guess.
Old 06-06-10   #4
feranaja

You sound pretty silly to me, Princess.
This is me at 51.
I've never felt better,and I don't look half bad either. I'll look better than this in a year or two, and better again by 60.
how you age is entirely a choice in this day and age. Starting to moan about "aging" in your 20s is a surefire way to get real old, real fast.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10   #5
Seraphyna
Resident Polywere

Inexperienced in terms of life experience? You have the rest of your life to make the most of it. Worrying about losing a few years is pointless. You'll never get them back and that regret/doubt will only sabotage the long years you have ahead of you.

"You do not have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body."-C.S. Lewis
"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain."-Blue Oyster Cult
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
Seraphyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10   #6
PrincessKLS

Yeah, they say that stress and worry can age you but I've been stressed most of my life and never been aged. And Sera, you look good for your age. You're right I shouldn't be worrying and soon I can start my life over so to speak.
Old 06-06-10   #7
Sirens Song

(((hug)))
Sirens Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10   #8
feranaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKLS View Post
Yeah, they say that stress and worry can age you but I've been stressed most of my life and never been aged. And Sera, you look good for your age. You're right I shouldn't be worrying and soon I can start my life over so to speak.
you can start over at 60.

I look good, period, not "for my age". I look MUCH better than I did at 40 and more importantly I am internally much healthier. I know myself. I am centered and storng. I was a mess at 30. How you develop your life is up to you - inside and out.

If I sound unsympathetic it's because I really get impatient with women MY age saying they're past it. you have many uncertainties and questions in your life, Princess, many real ones. Don't pretend "aging" is part of it, you're basically a kid. You can deal with the challenges of aging at 75 - and how well you do will depend on what you make of your life between now and then.

Shane Parrish
Old 06-06-10   #9
PrincessKLS

I guess you are right and funny thing just happened, I just prayed to my god for the angels and my guides to help me be healthier and that I wouldn't age too soon and to help me on my path.
Old 06-06-10   #10
feranaja

If it's physical you're worried about, start NOW with life extension diet and supplements and exercise, sleep and stress management. Sure, surgery is there to help but if you age badly on the inside it will always look like a band aid solution. I only wish I'd known about life extension when I was in my 20s. It's amazing and by the time you are the age I am now the scientific advances will be HUGE. 55 will be like 30 now, lifespan will be in the hundreds. but so much of it is up to you. I can recommend essential books and sites if you're serious about this.
Check out my life extension course in the C0urses and Lectures. TAKE CONTROL. You can do it.

The wisdom and experience will just come to you as you grow.

Shane Parrish