Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Knowledge is Power > Intermediate Tarot

Intermediate Tarot This will be a short (8-10 weeks) course combining some Introductory information, but focusing primarily on early Intermediate work, working with the cards in short readings, exercises and meditations to open the flow between knowledge and intuition. Emphasis is on combining intellectual familiarity with the symbolism, and personal insight and interpretation. Not for total beginners.

Old 10-11-11   #1
feranaja

Default Exercise for Week Three: seven days of wisdom

For this simple exercise, I'd like everyone to pick a day - needn't be tonight, or it could be, as long as you know you have a week ahead where you can devote fifteen minutes or so daily to selection on the exercise. All I'd like you to do is pick a quiet time, centre yourself, shuffle the deck and lay down 7 cards. Each card will represent one day over the next week. Write down initial impressions - such as "preponderance of wands, Wednesday looks challenging" quickly, without too much observation. Lastly, write down in more detail what each card seems to indicate. If you turn up so-called "bad cards" don't be alarmed, joy down what your fears suggest, but also record less emotional possibilities - for example" drew The Tower for next Sunday - could be a serious issue arising, or it might just refer to a necessary clearing of the air, an argument with _____ that is an important first step to communications...could also mean I am feeling poorly that day, or simply in a frame of mind that feels like TheTower."

Write in your journal, everything you think about each day. Then, for each of the seven days, sit down at the end of the night and compare what the card suggested to you initially with how the day actually transpired. Sometimes you will not find an immediate context. Sometimes you will know right away what he card referred to. I did this exercise every single week for three years at one point, and it went a long way to helping me discern subtle layers of meaning in cards, and also ally my fears about the "negative" cards - they have something to say to us, but it is not often what we fear the most.

Please write this one up here in your personal thread, too! How you read the card initially, how the day went, any insights this exercise provides you with.

I will do this one too - can't promise with my schedule right now I'll be able to d all the exercises, but this one, I most definitely will share.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-11   #2
green aventurine
mad genius of cuteness

Default Re: Exercise for Week Three: seven days of wisdom

I began my five days of wisdom today so I could finish it by Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
I did this exercise every single week for three years at one point, and it went a long way to helping me discern subtle layers of meaning in cards, and also ally my fears about the "negative" cards - they have something to say to us, but it is not often what we fear the most.
This was my finding as well in my very limited experience of three weeks of doing daily card readings. It's definitely my favourite exercise so far and one I will keep doing everyday, hopefully.

~Rumi

green aventurine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11   #3
green aventurine
mad genius of cuteness

with this one here, do I do the reading all in one go, write down preliminary interpretations and then just forget about what cards relate to what day until I get to the evening for each different card and then just look at that one card and give a fuller interpretation with what happened during the day?

Before when I was doing it, I drew one card at the beginning of the day and then thought about the card throughout the day and what it might mean and then had a review at the end of the evening.

~Rumi

Old 10-21-11   #4
feranaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by green aventurine View Post
with this one here, do I do the reading all in one go, write down preliminary interpretations and then just forget about what cards relate to what day until I get to the evening for each different card and then just look at that one card and give a fuller interpretation with what happened during the day?
Yep

Quote:
Before when I was doing it, I drew one card at the beginning of the day and then thought about the card throughout the day and what it might mean and then had a review at the end of the evening.
That's a one day reading, also very useful, but for this one, write them down, and then review at the end of the week or anytime when you get some inspiration/urge.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11   #5
green aventurine
mad genius of cuteness

thanks!

~Rumi