Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Witchcraft > Feri Tradition

Feri Tradition For all types of Feri, including and branching off from the original Anderson line

Old 03-16-10   #11
Brigidrose
Mermaid

Default Re: Feri Tradition

I can't wait to meet her I saw her web sit its very cool.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10   #12
feranaja

She's wonderful - worth the wait.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10   #13
windspirit

I still can't get on her site.....so, welcome her here and look forward to her posts !
Always more to learn!
Old 03-17-10   #14
feranaja

This is veedub's site, and it's awesome:

Valerie Walker trained with Starhawk and has developed her own Feri teachings, shot through with humour and vitality - I love this woman! great info here for those just studying or checking out feri:
http://www.wiggage.com/witch/fericontents.html

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10   #15
Sylver

I use to work with a group that was part of the Reclaiming tradition but that was a long time ago. Some of the links posted I have been to before but others I have not. So over the weekend I think I will come back and check them out more.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10   #16
Morred

I actually have a question about the different "paths" or whatever they are called in Anderson Feri... I read about BlackHeart Feri, and Blue Rose Feri, and Morning Star Feri... As I understood, these are basically different approaches from different people, but what are actually the differences between them? I mean, their teachings, their focus, or whatever?
Maybe someone can explain that to me
Morred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10   #17
Rudas Starblaze
the heart of darkness

ive always admired the old Feri trad, not the newer ones, and was even asked to join a Feri trad coven via personal invite from the HPss herself. of course that would have required me to move 1/2 way across the country which i didnt want to do. also, i dont work well with others and am not much of a coven witch.

heres an interesting link though.

http://www.feritradition.org/FAQ.htm

especially this part.

Quote:
Why is it called Feri rather than Faery or Fairy?

According to Phoenix Willow:

Cora says the name Faerie became attached to the tradition "by accident." Later on, Victor began using the spelling Feri in order to distinguish our tradition from other groups using the terms fairy or faerie (R.J. Stewart, Kisma Stepanich, etc.). Various other names were used over time--including Vicia and possibly Pictish. FWIW, I've never heard either Victor or Cora using the word Feri in casual conversation, it's always just "the Craft."
of course, this doesnt surprise me as the HPss who tried to get me to join her coven told me basically the same thing years ago. except she wasnt so nice about it. lol
Rudas Starblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10   #18
Penthesilea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudas Starblaze View Post
ive always admired the old Feri trad, not the newer ones, and was even asked to join a Feri trad coven via personal invite from the HPss herself. of course that would have required me to move 1/2 way across the country which i didnt want to do. also, i dont work well with others and am not much of a coven witch.

especially this part.

of course, this doesnt surprise me as the HPss who tried to get me to join her coven told me basically the same thing years ago. except she wasnt so nice about it. lol
Fascinating stuff, Rudy. Thanks for posting it. I've just skimmed it but I'm definitely going to set aside time to read it more thoroughly. I'm always on the lookout for reliable information from a well researched source. Especially when they list their sources so I can do my own research! With all the "snake oil salesmen" out there publishing whatever they think will impress, ya can't be too careful what you believe!
Old 04-03-10   #19
Sylver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudas Starblaze View Post

especially this part.

Already started reading the link you posted certainly a site that is answering a lot of my questions. Thanks for posting Rudas

Last edited by Sylver; 04-03-10 at 09:27 PM.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10   #20
Blackwolf
Faery Path Elder

Everyone should note :

The link Rudas posted...which is a good link...

Is but a subset of Veedub , or Valerie Walker's
site , which Feranaja previously posted...

Here is the link , people might have missed...

http://www.wiggage.com/witch/fericontents.html
Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote