Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Witchcraft > Feri Tradition

Feri Tradition For all types of Feri, including and branching off from the original Anderson line

Old 04-14-10   #11
mayhem1066

Default Re: Danger

I am more Celtic Shamanistic with a heavy hit of NA Shamanism that certain occurences had me shifting but I will say this. Just from experience and being a bugger. I don't acknowledge boundaries perse - at least when I was much younger, and liked to fly by the seat of my pants and wasn't afraid of a crash...

Anything you do on any path can be dangerous or safe pending how you approach it. Always do things with respect and remember that excess in control is not a bad stance to take. Sometimes you have to play with fire, so to speak, to grow. If you are like me you did it alone. Which works but might take longer to heal from. Which was cool by me at the time. But a guide - a valid and knowledgeable guide is always a plus. Toki, even it it looks safe work with your teacher. I would like to see everyone grow and learn without getting hurt. Sometimes even the most innocuous rite can have repercussions.

Not to be an alarmist or saying anything bad will happen. Just experience. Which is melded and the like by one's own personality - flaws and strengths combined.

lecture done sorry
mayhem1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10   #12
Toki Wartooth
Custom Title I Can Has

Default Re: Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem1066 View Post
I am more Celtic Shamanistic with a heavy hit of NA Shamanism that certain occurences had me shifting but I will say this. Just from experience and being a bugger. I don't acknowledge boundaries perse - at least when I was much younger, and liked to fly by the seat of my pants and wasn't afraid of a crash...

Anything you do on any path can be dangerous or safe pending how you approach it. Always do things with respect and remember that excess in control is not a bad stance to take. Sometimes you have to play with fire, so to speak, to grow. If you are like me you did it alone. Which works but might take longer to heal from. Which was cool by me at the time. But a guide - a valid and knowledgeable guide is always a plus. Toki, even it it looks safe work with your teacher. I would like to see everyone grow and learn without getting hurt. Sometimes even the most innocuous rite can have repercussions.

Not to be an alarmist or saying anything bad will happen. Just experience. Which is melded and the like by one's own personality - flaws and strengths combined.

lecture done sorry
My Sensei's spiritual background is also of a Celtic Shamanism path with NA (Iroquois/Longhouse, to be specific). But he is also into faery and is a Feri.

I never like to do that, btw...be that reckless or so action-oriented I almost wing it. I have 5 planets in Capricorn, so I am naturally predisposed to planning ahead and looking forward...and with my 2 Taurus placements, I also tend to like my safe routines...But, my Mars in Aries and Mercury in Aquarius predispose me to starting new things and contemplating about new, fresh, and sometimes somewhat rebellious ideas...I am an interesting mixture (as we all are).

While I am wary of some potential experiences, I do not feel that these exercises are dangerous...My intuition tells me I would do just fine there, and it seems to be confirmed by external sources like one of my teachers (the aforementioned Sensei). There is always the possibility of some psychological effects, and some things may come to light (or return) that I may have issues facing or whatever, but I do not feel something absolutely terrible or insurmountable would occur.

Since I have brought all these things up to my teacher, he is already aware...and knowing me well, he figures I would try these things to experiment, and go back to him to "report results." But, he is aware enough that if he -- excuse this nerdy reference -- sense a disturbance in the Force, he would be on the other end of the phone line or the like to respond ASAP.

We will be doing some things this weekend at a festival, in person, but of course we can not always meet in person. I feel I have enough background and basis to be able to perform some things on my own safely, with relatively little to medium (perhaps) risk.

Beyond that, I feel sometimes some "danger" or "risk" or "pain" or the like are necessary for growth...growing pains, so to speak...

Anyway, I appreciate your input.