Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Song of the Earth > The Physical Temple > Vibrational Medicine

Vibrational Medicine Healing with crystals, flower essences, colour , scent, touch and sound

Old 04-03-10   #1
Lilith
Of The Void

Default Self healing whilst being sick

As probably some people know I have been quite unwell for past 10 days or so, and trying repeatedly to heal myself, something came to my conscious attention that I guess I have noticed before, just never actually contemplated in any depth.
When I am really unwell, I can't heal! When my body is going through the intense suffering, i am so "within" myself that I dont feel any energy move at all, and if, with a great effort, I do make it move, that immediately creates a physical reaction of headache, dizziness and hot/cold spells all over my body. Like my body is telling me to stop.

Has anybody experienced something similar? May be some advice on how to make it work, or why my body reacts that way to energy work?
Old 04-03-10   #2
feranaja

Default Re: Self healing whilst being sick

Your body needs all it's resources, on every level, to be able to work towards healing. Healing is what the body wants and it needs to be left alone to do that. Directing your small bit of energy even toward healing right now is asking too much - you need to leave it alone now. You need to support healing on the level of diet, detox support, and REST. Let it be. if you are still ill and it's been ten days, you need medical support too.

Listen to the signals, and rest. Your nervous system has been assaulted, it needs to lie still for now.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10   #3
Lilith
Of The Void

Thank you Fera, I am recovering now, and I have applied all the methods of healing you have described, apart from directing the energy to specific areas, it is the energy bit that just doesnt seem to work.

I guess it does make sense, same thing as when i was carrying my daughter, I could bring the energy in to me but nothing would come out at all, I worked out it was probably that all the energy was directed towards the developing child in me, so nothing was left to share out.
Old 04-03-10   #4
Broomflower

Location: Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

This is why humans are social animals and not truly solitary, no matter how we much we think we are isolated by our culture or our own efforts. Human beings need other human beings. Like doctors. And also like friends who touch, comfort and care for. You simply can't do everything yourself. Especially healing. Maybe your body is telling you to receive and connect a little?

edited to laugh at self: I think the pot just called the kettle black!

Broomflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10   #5
Lilith
Of The Void

Hey, noone is perfect, we all have our strengths and weakneses. Thank you Broomflower
Old 04-03-10   #6
Luna

All my personal energy is going to evicting any invading infections and healing myself, so when I'm sick I try to open myself to Universal love and energy, and just sit here like a sponge soaking up water, nothing active about it, just passively soaking up the healing energies.

It works well with most cold viruses, but I finally gave up and went to the doctor this week because I was sure I had pneumonia, which he confirmed. I think you should at least call your doctor if you've been sick for 10 days with no real improvement. And be a sponge for healing energy from the Universe.
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10   #7
Lilith
Of The Void

That's a lovely advice, Luna, thank you. I am improving slowly, when I went to the doctor they gave me antibiotics that I think made me worse, as two days ago I stopped taking them and felt better for it.
Old 04-03-10   #8
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

Same thing here. I can do minor things for myself, like send some colours down to the worst spots of pain, but anything beyond that doesn't work cos I can't get enough energy together for it. My body's too focused on getting well again at that point and so I mustn't distract it by using up its energy. What I do try is ask my spirit guides and angels and simply the universe to please look after me and care for me. I feel a lot better knowing they have my back.

Rest, get some sleep into your system, eat and drink healthy stuff if you can and go to the doctor if it doesn't get better within a few days. (Just the sort of advice I'd have to give myself, too, because I'm one for self-medicating and don't like doctors. )
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10   #9
Toki Wartooth
Custom Title I Can Has

For me, it partially depends on what the illness is, how bad it is, how well I can handle it, &c. If it's something I just can't handle well, or it's too intense, or it screws up tons with my mental level, I have a hard time doing much healing...or remembering to be open to healing.

But, for things like minor colds, minor tummy troubles, recovery from procedures, &c. I can usually work toward healing myself. For healing, I often have to meditate to calm and center myself, and then I can open myself up to healing...or heal others. In any case, even when ill, I can benefit from Reiki because Reiki is channeling energy from the All -- it's not using up your own energy reserves. I'm just making sure that I'm totally hoping to the healing, loving, calming effects of things like Universal Love.

Of course, I also take care of myself on the physical plane...and, if needed, I will ask for assistance from other Reiki practitioners and other healers.
Old 04-03-10   #10
Lilith
Of The Void

Thank you everyone, so nice to talk to people who understand what one is going through, believe it or not i had comments (from family members mainly) "You are a healer, so heal yourself!"