Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > The Magic of Scent

The Magic of Scent Using oils and incense, fragrance in general in magical workings and healing

Old 07-21-15   #31
Nocturnal~Witch

Default Re: Anyone else make incense?

I make my own loose incenses...some w/herbs, some w/resins- some w/both, etc.
Is there any specific type of incense recipe someone is interested in? Money drawing, cleansing, love/attraction, luck, fairy inspired, some deity inspired ones...

I'm a bit of an herbalist (that might be an understatement, lol) and have a lot of herbs in bulk due to the many uses I utilize them for.
Old 07-21-15   #32
Nocturnal~Witch

I can make self-lighting loose ones as well, but I prefer loose herbs and/or resins on a charcoal disk.
Old 07-24-15   #33
Brigidrose
Scrivener

I use dried herbs and resin mixes from Alchemy Works...I am going to try to make some. I need a bit more of some flowers...and more time in the day.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-15   #34
Nocturnal~Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigidrose View Post
I use dried herbs and resin mixes from Alchemy Works...I am going to try to make some. I need a bit more of some flowers...and more time in the day.
I'm trying to figure out how to use honey for some of mine.
I'm familiar w/Alchemy Works, I just haven't purchased from him yet. Do you like his stuff?
Old 07-26-15   #35
feranaja
WITCH

Honey is easy to use, I make herbal honeys all the time and save some for incense. Here's a lovely article from a friend of mine, which will explain how to incorporate the honey:
http://bearmedicineherbals.com/incense.html

My last batch was based on balsam poplar resin with white pine and rosepetal honey. It was just incredibly beautiful, I plan on making lot more next spring when the buds are out again.

http://mallowandwhitepine.wordpress.com/
plants, spirit, medicine - my Earthwalker blog

"We're in a time of ethical and intellectual corruption. Study the spiritual traditions, live with excellence, resist insanity."
Thomas Moore
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-15   #36
Brigidrose
Scrivener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal~Witch View Post
I'm trying to figure out how to use honey for some of mine.
I'm familiar w/Alchemy Works, I just haven't purchased from him yet. Do you like his stuff?
I love the rose resin he has...yes, all his items are really good. He sometimes will take a while to ship, but its worth the wait.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15   #37
Nocturnal~Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
Honey is easy to use, I make herbal honeys all the time and save some for incense. Here's a lovely article from a friend of mine, which will explain how to incorporate the honey:
http://bearmedicineherbals.com/incense.html

My last batch was based on balsam poplar resin with white pine and rosepetal honey. It was just incredibly beautiful, I plan on making lot more next spring when the buds are out again.

THANK YOU!!! I've actually tried googling it before, but not come up w/how to actually use it/incorporate it into my incense.

I have made herbal honey before. I made a lavender one last year for a Pagan holiday (Lammas I think) for an awesome bread recipe I found online. It was a big hit.

Thanks again for the link.