Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Enchantment > Otherkin

Old 08-28-15   #1
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Talking My New Tailed Arrived and It's Just Amazing!

Oh my gosh! Today I had THE best time ever at the swimming pool! I actually went to the gym pool and was in one of the lap lanes trying out my new tail. So basically, I purchased the tail skin first and then two different types of monofinsÖ Hereís the tail skin and a closer look at the fabric, and mind you, thereís no monofin inside the picture of the skin hereÖ So this isnít quite what it looks like underwater or anythingÖ

This has always been the tail color of my dreams and in fact, the first tail I purchased ended up being a let-down because I mean to order this fabric color but accidentally ordered another type. Also my other tail is covered in draping fabric thatís supposed to flow in the water and look like a beta or angel fish, but I honestly hate the drapey stuff and wanted a more fitted tail.
Anyway, the skin has been here for about a week and today the new monofins arrived that I wanted to try! I bought an Aquarius Monofin by Finis in blue and a Finis Wave Monofin thatís cut to form a tail shape.

The experience was incredible! Prior to these two monofins, I owned only a standard Finis Rapid Wave Monofin, which is rounded, and oh my gosh, what a difference it made to be using a tail thatís shaped more like a real dolphin/mermaid fluke! I can go SO much faster and now I think I understand why manatees and beavers arenít the fastest underwater mammalsÖ Propelling yourself with that much resistance is incredibly tiring! I can also make almost the full length of the pool now whereas I could barely make half of the way before! Itís cause of the shape!

Both of those fins are spectacular and I donít need to sew them in at all. By this, Iím referring to the fact that I had planned to sew the bottom shut on my skin so that one or the other of these monofins was permanently inside. Instead though, the tail fits the fin so well that you canít see the monofin inside it at all all and yet at the same time, thereís none of that draping, extra flowey fabric I donít like either. So I can literally choose whether I want to use one or the other.

The blue one has a bit of a wideness where my feet go though, and it can loosen a little, so I may just wear a pair of surf booties underneath with that monofin to make it fit more snugly. It actually has a bad reputation though as a fin thatís cheaply made and that is well known for the strap around the back breaking. Iím not sure how true this is vs. people not caring for their monofins properly, but I hope it lasts awhile because I love the cut. It really looks so awesome underneath that fabric! Iím sure you can buy replacement straps though from Finis for when they do break, and possibly I could even get one thatís significantly stronger and more along the lines and durability of the Finis Wave monofin.

As for the Finis Wave fin thatís been cut into the fluke shape, I love it so much more than my standard Finis Wave monofin that looks more like a rounded manatee tail. It flows through the water with such better ease and the entire design is just better. And of course the quality is to a professional standard. The only thing I like about the other monofin which makes me favor it a little more is the cut of fin/the shape, and that itís a little easier to propel in the water and doesnít take quite as much energy to propel yourself with. Also, having this new tail with less fabric and the two new fins that are quite a bit smaller and of a more flowing cut, I donít have to breathe out as hard to be able to get down underwater sufficiently. My uncut Finis Wave monofin is very buoyant and staying under the water in it is difficult.

Overall, this is absolutely spectacular and I love it! Itís the tail of my dreams! And then I got two offers! The gym wants to hire me for kidís birthday parties, and an underwater videographer wants to film me for free So I will eventually have some YouTubes soon of me swimming in my tail and I absolutely canít wait so that you all can see more about who Miss Mermaid Sirene is what my tail is like and what itís like when I swim in it!

I will try to post a tail pics later of me wearing both the tail skin an one of the monofins later if I can find someone to take some out of water photos for me. And by the way, if youíre not familiar with monofins, youíre looking at photo of two complete products, i.e. both feet go in each one - those arenít for one foot in each, and hence therefore, you canít wear both at the same time either

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
Hibiscus Moon Crystal Academy Website Alumni Page
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©
CrystalHealingCare@outlook.com
www.CrystalHealingCare.com

Facebook:Facebook.com/CrystalHealingCare
Twitter:Twitter.com/CrystalHCareCCH
Instagram: Instagram.com/CrystalHealingCare
LadyOfTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-15   #2
Sollie

Default Re: My New Tailed Arrived and It's Just Amazing!

That's amazing! I've always thought that looks like a lot of fun. I bet you'd have a blast doing the kids parties.
Sollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-15   #3
Brigidrose

I saw these on facebook and thought of you.... Its a mermaid thing

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-15   #4
feranaja
WITCH

Everytime I see ANYTHING mermaid-related I think of LoT.
I'm so glad to hear you sounding upbeat and happy, dear lady!

http://mallowandwhitepine.wordpress.com/
plants, spirit, medicine - my Earthwalker blog

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."
~ Marcus Aurelius (AD 121-180)
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-15   #5
BigAl
Eclectic

Sounds great. Can't wait to see the films!
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-15   #6
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Yeah. It's been making me feel considerably better to get out there in the water and swim

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 08-28-15   #7
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollie View Post
That's amazing! I've always thought that looks like a lot of fun. I bet you'd have a blast doing the kids parties.
I'm actually thinking of applying at the bar in Sacramento that has live mermaids constantly swimming all around the walls of the place and there are hidden oxygen tubes running through that are on the bottom kind of hidden behind rocks and other aquarium things... THAT would be a rockin' job to have!

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 08-28-15   #8
Sollie

You really should! That would be such an amazing job, and you'd be perfect for it. Also, I bet you could find some photographers who would pay you for a photoshoot for that.
Sollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-15   #9
LarkWahya
Mystic Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOfTheTrees View Post
I'm actually thinking of applying at the bar in Sacramento that has live mermaids constantly swimming all around the walls of the place and there are hidden oxygen tubes running through that are on the bottom kind of hidden behind rocks and other aquarium things... THAT would be a rockin' job to have!
one of my friends does that at an aquarium in one of the carolinas. they swim in the shark/ray tank and do shows and theres a shallow end at the top they sit in so kids can ask them questions and take pictures

Do you think amethysts could be the souls of good violets? ~Anne of Green Gables
Green is the primary color of the world
LarkWahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-15   #10
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollie View Post
You really should! That would be such an amazing job, and you'd be perfect for it. Also, I bet you could find some photographers who would pay you for a photoshoot for that.
I actually JUST heard back! They aren't hiring any mermaids. They said that they tend to stick around and they haven't rehired since they opened the place eight years ago. They put me on a list of back up swimmers though in the event that like, three or four mermaids got sick all at once. Oh and I finally did find a photographer and videographer that's meeting me at the local pool in the 12 ft section when there aren't too many people there and he's going to take .mp3 videos and still shots! I'm so excited! (For free)!

Crystal Healing Care©