Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Magical Tools and Implements

Magical Tools and Implements A place to share techniques and tips for finding and making everything magical; robes, wands, staffs, headdresses, altars, anything used in magic and ritual.

Old 09-12-16   #11
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Default Re: Crystal Balls

Sort of a secondary question if you don't mind, Is the crystal still blue?

Would seem if it's still blue then the purple doesn't matter and few alternate things have to be considered. The stone in question has been refused and the color change is indicating that. The stone's color was wrong and you need to ponder what "Blue" means and perhaps re-evaluate your altar and it's layout and placement. A different aspect is trying to speak to you and telling you which sphere of influence you need to look at. Blue possibly suggesting water or ocean which can also cross over into the fertility / fecundity aspects vice the underworld / death aspects.

Just a though that crossed my mind.
Old 09-12-16   #12
SILENTSTREAM

I keep my room in total darkness,blinds and black curtains. I checked the moonflower is back to purple. Not knowing anything about crystal balls I placed it in the sun outside thinking I would charge it, it must not have liked it and turned blue. i did this when I first brought it home. Their is no wrong to me, only energy showing itself to me in a way I do not understand,and i'm alright with that. I would not change the layout of my altar based on the color change of a crystal ball or anything else unless I felt it in my spirit to do so.No disrespect intended. Their is only will what I want to do, And do what i want to will,for me ofcourse. My scorpio side showing. Now I get to ask a question, what is your sign if you dont mind,not to label you just to understand.
Old 09-12-16   #13
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

I'm a Pisces regardless of which system your looking at. With heavy water planets and signs all through out my charts and life for that matter. Figure I was in the Navy for 23 years, my primary element is water, my primary planet is Neptune and my primary place of solace is the water whether it be in the rain, mist, clouds, rivers, lakes, oceans or sea. If I recall Saturn is my rising sign and has a strong pull and influence upon how I do things.

Regarding questions, please feel free to ask away. Be fore warned I may get technical or long winded but will always answer to the best of my ability.

Pathwise I am shamanic with a heavy recon Hellene influence / Green witchcraft. Blood bound and oath sworn to Hekate / Artemis which leads me to Diana, Bastet, Pahket, Mafdet, Enodia, Bendis in that I honestly can't tell you if I am know to them as individual goddesses or know Hekate & Artemis better due to the conflating that occurred with each of them.

God wise would be Poseidon, Sekor and one I simply call the Huntsman as he has never revealed his name though his persona suggests many possibilities.
Old 09-12-16   #14
SILENTSTREAM

Hummm,Pisces,my wife is one! i'd dare say the only sign that would put up with me,lol. I consider myself to be eclectic for lack of better words, if I had to label myself I would fall between hedgewitch,and greenwitch. Wicca put the bacon in my nose but thats about it,I'm from a christian background,that I had some of the worst experiences in my life with,I have a hard time dealing with them at work were there hypocrisy knows no bounds. I'm not crazy about wiccans as well, no offence to any that are here,its like the dark side of christianity with all its rules and guidelines to me,so yah I,m not a big fan of any ''religion'' since all of it is male dominated for the most part whether it's gardener if thats how you spell it,christ,buddha,Islam,judaism,seems like there's no room for women here!! I'm more of the typical solitaire I do it my way and am happy with my practice. I see Hekate more as a type and shadow of what is missing in my life "structure' I also see Brigid as the mom I wish I had, I,m german,Irish and my past lives are definitely rooted in celtic and germanic themes if you will, I dont know how Hekate fits in right now thats whats perplexing me. Maybe I need some spanking,lol Brigid has deep roots in my soul, so Hekate has really thrown her torch on my hay. But I,ll let it burn and see were it takes me. Thats whats great about being eclectic, its not a dirty word to me, its being closer to how things were if that makes any sense. I see witchcraft as a artist looks down at his pallet with a brush in hand and a canvas in front who knows what could happen.!! Why buy art when you can make it. My Pisces friend. Shove more wood under the cauldron lets get it boiling LOL
Old 09-12-16   #15
SILENTSTREAM

A scorpio decan,november 1st,born on the day that my father was, wooo,I got my hands full just waking up every day.lol
Old 09-12-16   #16
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

My wife is a Scorpio. Sort of funny there.

The Morrigan (sp) aligns a lot with Hekate in many ways when you look to Celtic lore but that is not my forte so would have to leave that discussion to someone else. The Lady Sif and at times Frigg crosses or compares to some aspects that are shared between Hekate and Artemis.

I am curious if you don't mind but what aspect do you think about Hekate is pulling you or calling you? If I knew that might be able to give you some suggestions or maybe speak on it. You mention her torch but I wonder if you've pondered that? Figure most engravings show some capacity of the story of Persephone and being lead from Hades but it's also sort of screwed up. Hermes actually leads Persephone out of Hades, Hekate follows her and lights her pathway from behind by holding the torches above and from behind less she blind her and actually would darken her pathway and eventually lead to her loosing her way. So figure in truth Hekate pushes and guides by casting light from behind and above so she can see her pathway not by being in front and leading. Yet the actual choice of where to step and which trail to take is left up to the adept or acolyte as their trail is illuminated for them to walk upon. So Hekate shows the way but she doesn't make the choice or tell you which path to take. So all errors or mistakes are upon the seeker and their own choices and actions.

Very different from the imagery so many try to paint in the Persephone story where they attempt to show Hekate leading her into the upper world to an awaiting Demeter. Yet in the period pieces it shows Hermes stepping to the side, Demeter reaching down to embrace Persephone as she steps up and Hekate behind with her torches above and behind Persephone.

That to me is where will is an illusion and the crystals reveal things. Sort of like the illusion of control and the perception that we actually have control over events and what is transpiring. It's all a matter of perspective and position in reference to a point of observation.

I think for me that's why I prefer true crystals and clear ones at that. Light passes through and it is reflected, refracted or difracted. In that regard it's like energy or radio waves, they pass from one medium into another and change direction, polarity or even change charge. Not counting even bending around objects to leave empty voids as it splits or jumps depending upon angle and energy. An improper placed crystal on an altar can create a minor vortex or void simply by its placement on an altar due to its shape, color and energy flow within the area. Part of the Feng Shui principle at work and earth energies or ley lines for those who believe in that.
Old 09-12-16   #17
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Purposely left out the Wicca and Neo-Wicca stuff. Will say I find Neo-Wicca to be more feminist dominated than Male dominated. Though Reclaimist and Dianic Witchcraft tends to be really feminist.

British Traditional Wicca (BTW) or Traditional Wicca I find tends to be balanced between male and female with neither being more dominate. But I honestly do not see to much BTW or Traditional Wicca online or in the states to much anymore.

Most stuff today online and in the US seems to be Neo-Wicca and most of that is some version of self-initiated or self-dedicated solitary or a New Agey Neo-Wicca flavored practice based loosely on a coven / group model. Many built around a Greek / Roman / Celtic / Kemetic / Nordic divinity pantheon with a shake-n-bake structure.

So much stuff today is called Wicca though it's almost impossible to even call it Wicca and compare it to a Structured Wicca based off of any of the older Wiccan models.
Old 09-12-16   #18
SILENTSTREAM

All run this threw the saw mill, my air conditioner is out and i'm getting sleepy, its 80* and i'm spoiled. I can handle extreme heat but not when i want to sleep. just cause your not into the celtic thing don't mean we can't exchange ideas. your older in the craft than I am. i'm feeling a little puny!lol I'm pretty sure crystal balls aren't my thing but it could just be a paper weight for my desk, not the Altar! The purple blue then back to purple was kinda weird, but what isn't in the craft ,the proverbial box of chocolates.
Old 09-12-16   #19
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Oh I don't mind speaking about Celtic things it's just not my forte so not real fluent about it as a rule. Though have to admit I find the majority of stuff people identify as Celtic is actually Irish and does not apply to all the various Celtic speaking peoples. Which also goes along with the idea that Celtic is a language group not a pantheon of gods / goddesses.

I like some crystals in that they serve to remind me that things are different in the darkness than they are under the light. That even the light of the moon is different than the light of the sun though both are still light, even though one is direct and one is a reflected light.

I used to like experimenting with colored crystals and glass and and looking at different things through them. Quite frequently the object changed as to what I saw and the clarity or depth it was shown at. In many ways I discovered it was like chakra work in that it was vibrations and color affecting / effecting what was revealed. Some where soothing, some angered you like looking through red's after a bit while lavenders and blues tended to calm, some made you sort of sick to the stomach like some yellows and oranges. Sure changed how I looked at color magics and the use of color's in general or crystals.

Found I preferred smoky quartz or cisterine quartz to rose or pinkish quartz. A massive quartz with its milky white texture feels nice in your hand but sucks for scyring. An Amethyst is a nice crystal but I can never find a nice size one that is not to expensive. I preferred crystals in my geology classes but volcanoes intrigued me to no end. Started going for a BS geology degree but it never panned out and never got around to getting anything higher than my BA.