Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Mysticism

Mysticism Mysticism: the pursuit of unification with the One, the immediate consciousness of Divinity, or the direct experience of religious truth. This forum is for discussion of all related experiences, practises and topics of interest.

Old 02-15-11   #21
BellaMandu

Default Re: Spontaneous Kundalini Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrus4 View Post
Each of the chakras is associated with particular forms of both mundane, and paranormal activity. Root with self-worth, heart with empathy and telekinesis, throat with speaking, third eye with clairvoyance/astral vision, etc.

The idea is, as far as drawing energy from the base up, is that you're turning each one on in the appropriate sense, and clearing blockages caused by psychological trauma at each point. It's the energy going through before it is ready that primarily causes the problems, from what I've read; also silly people who do forms of meditation which can increase your overall level of juice before your system has the carrying capacity to handle it.

I haven't had this experience at all, myself; any knowledge of it comes from trip reports. When I'm doing puja at regular intervals my third eye in particular opens up a lot more, and there's been some strong heat in the area of the heart as well, occasionally; although I'm too negative generally for that to be consistent.

Visual is third eye, AFAIK. As for the sense of peace, who knows? Someone positive might have been trying to get your attention; or some energy might have gone through the heart on the way up. Pure speculation, there.

Don't bother calling it enlightenment; there'll always be someone else around to tell you it wasn't. Just focus on whether or not it felt good.
I always thought of it more along the lines of being taught that there is always something positive at the end of any negative cycle. A spiritual lesson, I suppose.
Old 02-23-11   #22
Saura

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
I'm not dealing with this personally, but I know someone who has. He is not a shaman per se but has a great talent, that I believe he is not heeding. One can never force knowledge or training on another, of course.

My own process was very different; I was born with the Gifts I have; developed them early enough that when I later on lost touch with the magic, it didn't die out in my completely. My midlife years - especially 44 till no - have been more of a steady rebirthing and re discovery of my power (as opposed to the phase between 30 and 44, when it was so much more about book-learning). I haven't experienced this explosive thing..and not sure what to suggest to the one I know who IS - given that he is walking a very different path from my own (with some overlaps).
So, he is not seeking the kundalini? The spontaneous energy is coming upon him unsolicited? Has he had any sort of initiation dream?

Kundalini ... ah, can be a beautiful thing... but... also contains the power to blow one's mind, literally... what can one do, when it is part of one's calling?

The fire... the second coming ~ the baptism with the fire... the caduceus... the serpent, winding up around the spine, giving new wings to life... is both the poison AND the cure, imo. How to work through it... there's the key, lol...

Although I've heard it said that kundalini, reiki, and chakra systems are not to be confused with one another, I think the points of connection might be worth contemplating. Petrus brought up chakras, which reminded me of this section I just found in an old magazine article (which also deals with kundalini awakening) a couple days ago. I found it elsewhere online ~

Quote:
Peptide receptors, which are found in the organs, endocrine glands, skin, muscle, and other body tissues, store emotional information received from the peptides. Therefore, emotional memories can be stored not only in the brain, but also in many places in the body. That would explain, for example, why people have "gut feelings" or why memories and emotions sometimes pop up during massage or acupuncture--because emotional memories "live" in the body's tissues, Pert says.

The discovery of peptides and peptide receptors offered, for the first time, tangible evidence of the actual physical exchange between mind and body and the biochemical basis of emotion--and confirmed what Eastern healers have long known intuitively. Also, while peptides and their receptors are located throughout the body, they're concentrated in the places that correspond to the chakras, the seven areas around the spine where, according to Eastern medicine, energy is gathered and then distributed to organs and tissues. "It blew me away when I realized this," Pert says.
http://www.naturalhealthmag.com/fitn...ody/20?print=1

Dr. Pert's site itself:
http://www.candacepert.com/

And there is another interesting book with compilations of readings about kundalini, "Kundalini Rising". More specifically, an article I just now turned to jumps out and speaks to me personally about a nurse I know, which heralds it as worth reviewing ~ but maybe that is just for me, not your friend... or both, lol. It is titled "Deep Light and the Great Retruthing" by Whitehawk. It describes Whitehawk's kundalini awakening as occurring though she did nothing intentional to activate it... and as a roller-coaster ride.

Best of luck to your friend!

Saura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11   #23
feranaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saura View Post
So, he is not seeking the kundalini? The spontaneous energy is coming upon him unsolicited? Has he had any sort of initiation dream?
I don't know if he has, I was told 20 years ago not to analyze his dreams and so, my ability to guide him through any of this is severely restricted. he needs a guide other than me.
And no, he wasn't seeking it at all, he was just...sitting there, the first time it happened.

Quote:
Kundalini ... ah, can be a beautiful thing... but... also contains the power to blow one's mind, literally... what can one do, when it is part of one's calling?
While I greatly sympathize with the deleterious effects this has on a person, believe me I do - I also admit to frustration with "doing nothing" about it. People strive for this experience - I have never had it - and then to just...ignore it? I work very hard in my own practise and path and I still think it's not hard enough, still wish for more time to devote to it or more self discipline...etc etc. I just can't wrap my head around doing nothing with experiences like this.

Quote:
The fire... the second coming ~ the baptism with the fire... the caduceus... the serpent, winding up around the spine, giving new wings to life... is both the poison AND the cure, imo. How to work through it... there's the key, lol...

Although I've heard it said that kundalini, reiki, and chakra systems are not to be confused with one another, I think the points of connection might be worth contemplating. Petrus brought up chakras, which reminded me of this section I just found in an old magazine article (which also deals with kundalini awakening) a couple days ago. I found it elsewhere online ~

http://www.naturalhealthmag.com/fitn...ody/20?print=1

Dr. Pert's site itself:
http://www.candacepert.com/

And there is another interesting book with compilations of readings about kundalini, "Kundalini Rising". More specifically, an article I just now turned to jumps out and speaks to me personally about a nurse I know, which heralds it as worth reviewing ~ but maybe that is just for me, not your friend... or both, lol. It is titled "Deep Light and the Great Retruthing" by Whitehawk. It describes Whitehawk's kundalini awakening as occurring though she did nothing intentional to activate it... and as a roller-coaster ride.

Best of luck to your friend!
Thank you Saura, for taking the time to pass this along - I will definitely look into it, all the resources you have offered here - and, of course, pass them along. I would do anything in my power to help, sadly, this is one place my power does not seem to extend to. He needs, insists, on going it alone.
And so perhaps, it has to be.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11   #24
Katharine
Priestess of the Unseen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabienne S. Morgana View Post
Their perspective was, given the differences with western culture and psyche, that we, collectively, should concentrate on drawing energy down through our crown chakra and work down, grounding ourself, from our head (which is where the western psyche is based), down the chakras to culminate in grounding through the base chakra, as opposed to the other way around..

This can also been seen in the differences between the eastern understanding of contemplation and meditation and the western understanding of the same terms.

Speaking with people from eastern cultures - the Balinese, a Japanese friend - they observe similar issues with westerners.
I've encountered a few people who do chakra work beginning at the crown and moving down, with apparently excellent results. The reasoning is the same, I'll have to give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacken View Post
I've done Qigong for years. A few years back I did have an incident that I initially thought was a kundalini experience gone wrong, but now I believe that it wasn't exactly that. You can burn out your energy pathways or nervous system doing energy work. Much of what I do regularly is the macrocosmic orbit, so pulling energy up the spine to the crown and down the front to the ground. In any case, I was left burned out and depressed for a couple of years. Now I'm back to normal though.
This sounds like a phenomena I know as nerve burn. Symptoms include depression, chronic fatigue, phantom pain, tingling, numbness, and a sensation described as feeling like "psychic sunburn".

The term, and the phenomena itself, is especially common in the psychic vampire community, people who are especially energy sensitive.

I've actually had to treat nerve burn, for a friend of mine.

Moving on to the topic at hand.

I've never actively worked with kundalini energy by that name, but my experience and training has focused primarily on Western European, Mediterranean, and a little bit of Middle Eastern mysticism. I don't have a lot of experience with Eastern philosophy.

That being said, some of the experiences with kundalini energy strongly resemble the "shamanic illness" phenomena. Every shaman, and it seems most other practitioners in general experience some manner of protracted (usually idiosyncratic) illness. Mine was a flair of fibromyalgia symptoms that long story short left me effective bed ridden for most of a year. It was so severe I dropped out of high school and switched to a private study program at home.

The perceived higher purpose of the shamanic illness is to force the practitioner to withdraw from the rush and distraction of day to day life and turn their energies inward. It results in the individual finding their spiritual path and reaching a whole new level of awakening and psychic power.

After that experience, I found myself much more able to raise energy that I previously didn't even know I had. Kundalini perhaps.

May you find what you seek,
Landra
Katharine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-11   #25
DonnaL

When I had this experience, I was blessed to have someone help me. I was told to channel cool blue energy into the crown and down.

I have also had a flare of fibromyalgia that was debilitating. I actually felt on the point of death on more than one occasion. Then, this condition just left me as suddenly as it had come upon me.

Blessings to all who have shared.

Even the wise cannot see all ends.....JRR Tolkien

All I wanna do is be friends with you--Bob Dylan
DonnaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11   #26
EntwinedSoul

I experienced kundalini once...I think it was...........before my spiritual experiences started I had shot a huge cinnamon.........I was talking to my friend and she said why are you always talking about that bear.....I said I did not realize I had been...she said I heard somewhere about a power animal...I do not know what it is ....but I wonder if the bear is your power animal.........the second the words came out of her mouth....*this is the first time I felt energies* I felt energy moving through the floor and up my feet.......I could feel it rising along my spine....as the energy moved up my spine I was filled with this incredible energy I have not felt since...as it reached my head..........I had the thought that I would pass out from this energy flowing through me.....the second I had that thought the energy slowly started disappaiting down my spine.......and again down through the floor through my feet

DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE WHAT THAT WAS IF IT WASN'T KUNDALINI...i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT WAS....OTHER THAN A MESSAGE FROM THE SPIRIT OF THE BEAR...WHOM i HAD AN INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH FOR 12 YRS....KISSKISS
EntwinedSoul is offline   Reply With Quote