Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Ritual Magic

Ritual Magic Exploration of ritual magic from the Golden Dawn to the myriad modern offshoots

Old 09-28-10   #1
mr cheese
Chthonic Dreamer

Default the Hermetic Order Temple of Starlight

Ina as Sea Priestess

Magical Consciousness

Magical consciousness is often seen as a way of thinking that creates illogical links between events happening in the outer world and the inner meaning of situations. Within healthcare settings magical consciousness is often seen as a confused form of thinking and one of the symptoms of psychiatric disease. An example of magical thinking is someone linking a passing red car with an expected future accident and an unhappy endings. Or in a milder form, the belief that a black cat passing your road is a sign of a chain of unfortunate events developing in the near future.
The most common scientific opinion of magical thinking is that is based on a disturbance in the neuro-technology of the brain, and that this kind of magical awareness is an abnormality, arising from a narrowed mode of consciousness.

Magical consciousness is connected to the ongoing stream of associations circulating in the subconscious mind, and forms a continuous undercurrent of awareness on which our daily decisions and actions are based. It is not common knowledge that this is a layer of consciousness that you can train and change. This is what we do in a magical training programme. This is the essence of magical exercises. To find out more visit please the Hermetic Order Temple of Starlight® official website: http://templeofstarlight.eu/

(*) Ina Cüsters-van Bergen is the Magister and the Director of Studies of the Hermetic Order Temple of Starlight®. She teaches the Western Mystery Tradition. Ina is a so called Cosmic Mediator an a Third Degree Initiate. She is a very experienced practicing ritual magician. Her lineage comes from the Golden Dawn via Dion Fortune, W.E. Butler and Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki.
© 2009, Maat’s Official Blog. All rights reserved.

Day for Dion Fortune
Sat, 10/02/2010 - 09:30 - 16:00

- Lecture
The Hidden Mysteries of the Tarot
Sat, 10/09/2010 - 11:00 - 16:00

- Lecture
Procession Road - Temple Training Brabant
Sat, 10/16/2010 - 09:30 - 17:00

- Temple Training Brabant
The Call of the Spirit Guide
Sat, 10/23/2010 - 09:30 - 19:00

- Temple Training Noord-Holland
Het Huwelijk tussen Hemel en Aarde
Sun, 10/24/2010 - 09:30 - 19:00

- Temple Training Zuid-Holland
The Sword in the Stone Workshop - Glastonbury
Sat, 10/30/2010 - 08:00 - Sun, 10/31/2010 - 17:00

- Weekend workshop Glastonbury
Procession Road - Temple Training Brabant
Sat, 11/06/2010 - 09:30 - 17:00

- Temple Training Brabant
The Angels of the Halls of Heaven
Fri, 11/12/2010 - 19:30 - Sun, 11/14/2010 - 17:00

- Residential weekend workshop
The Call of the Spirit Guide
Sat, 11/20/2010 - 09:30 - 19:00

- Temple Training Noord-Holland
Het Huwelijk tussen Hemel en Aarde
Sun, 11/21/2010 - 09:30 - 19:00

- Temple Training Zuid-Holland
etc

further
http://store.innertraditions.com/Pro...-1-59477-308-2

"He," I answered, "who loves to contemplate truth…who is able to arrive at whatever remains ever constant. He who is capable of seeing the Whole is a philosopher; he who is not, is not."

Plato (Republic, V, 475; VI, 481-485)

Last edited by feranaja; 10-10-10 at 04:15 PM. Reason: site owner requested
mr cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10   #2
Oazaki

Default Re: the Hermetic Order Temple of Starlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr cheese View Post
Within healthcare settings magical consciousness is often seen as a confused form of thinking and one of the symptoms of psychiatric disease. An example of magical thinking is someone linking a passing red car with an expected future accident and an unhappy endings. Or in a milder form, the belief that a black cat passing your road is a sign of a chain of unfortunate events developing in the near future.
The most common scientific opinion of magical thinking is that is based on a disturbance in the neuro-technology of the brain, and that this kind of magical awareness is an abnormality, arising from a narrowed mode of consciousness.
Yes, I had this conversation with some psychiatrists that the nice men at MI5 made me see after New Scotland Yard were done with me at the time. I posited the opinion that The Masons had quite a wide view of history and were therefore accustomed to thinking in ways which were both realistic yet also heavily involved with symbolic meaning.

The Dalai Lama's 'confession' that he had daily internal dialogue with a range of deities produced even more problems.

It is sad to see such attempts at 'thought police' operating nowadays, in such a circumspect and concealed manner moreover. State authorities have been put in the position where they are able to discount the validity of your thought processes, testimony and even mental acuity if they do not align with the conventional, mainstream idea of scientific knowledge. Of course, even worse is if you do address such topics but only under the intelligent and caring supervision of the police, without having intelligence agencies involved.

As such, discussion of magic is naturally discouraged and can get you into lots of problems through no real fault of your own but due to the nature of the system.

Which makes it their fault. If magic works, its 'Guardian Deities' would be sure to have some stake in seeing that it, and its practitioners, are not disturbed, harassed or insulted in such a way.

And, as procedures should be changed when Judged as wanting - as a matter of the progress and evolution of the human race, for to Descend is the Satanic flow, or direction, and we cannot very well have state authorities advocating that in public much less practicing it freely and unhindered in a secret, or concealed, way - such harassment, like the harassment of queers, blacks and jews which preceded it should be made to stop.

It will probably take a conflict, or social revolution of some sort, to get there. Or maybe not. I don't think people are really prepared to fight demons nowadays, once they realise what that would mean for them (and those supporting their position, or willing to fight with them to resist the likely embarassing public apologies and changes to regime structure). Hence we see the value of entities 'willing to get their hands dirty'.

Then again, we should never underestimate the power of painful stupidity, and the extent of people's desire for it (for example, they feel, deep in their hearts, that they need and want to be punished severely). As it is often said: "You may learn the easy way, or you may learn the hard way, but learn you shall." The hard way comes about once the easy way has been given due opportunity to be fulfilled, yet has failed to attain such fulfilment.

And thus we see that 'The Way of Least Resistance' is not always followed... or that, paradoxically, the hard way is at times The Way of Least Resistance.

This is Good, for people should be made to understand that which they have judged (presumed to judge, elevating their station beyond its natural appointment, within whose bounds obedience and service would have been the appropriate and required responses indicating a 'passable' level of maturity).

Just wanted to point out that people should not call practitioners of magic psychologically unsound in any way, because that is religious persecution (and I find it quite tiresome that society is set up in such a way nowadays as to have such persecution legally formalized and included in its ranks and procedural codes of operation).

all the best,
Oazaki.

My ambition? Restart Temple of Venus as one of the mainstream religions of this planet, bigger than Islam for example.

Closed circuit induction loops: you sow, you reap. Not open to those with no Principles. "Unless you always have the potential within, the Great Function will not appear." -
Yagyū Munenori.

Last edited by Oazaki; 10-07-10 at 11:22 AM.
Oazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-10   #3
ina custers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr cheese View Post
link removed
Dear friends
To my amazement I found the link above on your forum. I do not write a blog, and neither does the Temple of Starlight. We only publish on our own website an on twitter and the facebook link on at the homepage. This so called 'temple of starlight' blog is a scam. Can you please remove the information from the blog from your forum; it is written by people who want to damage our work. Thanks in forward
Ina Cüsters-van Bergen
www.templeofstarlight.eu

Last edited by ina custers; 10-10-10 at 04:32 PM. Reason: link removed
ina custers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-10   #4
feranaja

Hello Ina,
Thank you for bringing this to my attention - I will remove it immediately. With the volume of posts here every day I can't always keep up with/check into every post; I'm sure the link was offered in good faith, but I'll remove it now.
Lovely to have you here, all the same.
feranaja

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-10   #5
feranaja

ina if you could help me see what I need to remove I'd appreciate it! Is it the Order of Ma'at blog?

Shane Parrish
Old 10-10-10   #6
ina custers

Hi Feranaja

Thank you for your help. Yes I am also sure that the link was offered for good reasons.

It is the information from the so called 'Temple of Starlight' blog (the picture in the posting) that is fraud: look for the differences in lettertypes and style compared to the original website. For me it is virtually impossible to check every posting. I know for a fact that more people who work in the public area have the problem of scam-facebook pages etc. As a general rule I would suggest that if someone copy-pastes information, to get it directly from the source. In this case the website of the Hermetic Order of the Temple of Starlight www.templeofstarlight.eu.
Here is the event-calender
http://www.templeofstarlight.eu/events

Again, thank you very much, and if people want to ask me questions about the subjects of the discussion, I am happy to answer them (time permitting :-)
In LVX
Ina

Last edited by ina custers; 10-10-10 at 11:33 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 10-10-10   #7
feranaja

I'm just going to move this to Limbo, ina - and I'd be happy to have you set up a separate thread with the factual information. All kinds of silly stuff happens on the Internet, doesn't it. I'm going to leave this up a moment, PM you, and then just move it out of public view.

fera

Shane Parrish
Old 10-10-10   #8
feranaja

Ok - further to our PM exchange ina I have removed the offending link - and this is the correct one, right?
http://www.templeofstarlight.eu/

No need to move this, then, if it's accurate now. I hope it is anyway, let me know.
fera

Shane Parrish
Old 10-10-10   #9
ina custers

Hi yes everything is okay now: thank you very much!
Ina
Old 10-10-10   #10
feranaja

You're most welcome. I hope you will stick around now you have found us!
fera

Shane Parrish