Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Minerals and Stones

Minerals and Stones Metaphysical properties and uses of minerals, stones, gemstones and crystals

Old 05-11-15   #1
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Question Baffled Here - Is this a Record Keeper or not?

I've been trying to obtain a quartz Record Keeper for ages now. I ordered many off eBay and when they arrived they were not Record Keepers at all, however some still had some interesting and rare configurations. It seems that there is some debate amongst even the most well-known authors - Melody, Judy Hall, etc., over whether the triangular formation has to be raised, sunken, or etched.

Anyway, I was looking through my collection of what had been Record Keeper hopefuls that weren't and then got placed in a box somewhere and forgotten about. I don't know how on earth I missed this before but I came across something I'd never noticed. I'm not sure what this would be called. The shape you see here is etched, not risen or sunken. It has the vibration and character of an Atlantean Record Keeper hands-down, but when it comes to identifying it on the technicalities of criteria, I think it would technically be called something else. You see, the shape looks like an eye that's a parallelogram shaped like a diamond. And also, as you can see, even if it were a triangle pointing up with another one pointing down, (which still would be iffy - the triangles are supposed to only point upward) it's not in the correct location for a Record Keeper (it's supposed to be up near the top closer to the point).

While going through my collection though, I did find a Time Line, several Self Healed, a Tantric Twin, plenty of Phantoms, a Pink Lemurian Seed Crystal, a Clear Lemurian Seed Crystal, a Smoky Quartz Lemurian Seed Crystal, a Rainbow, an Isis, a Lemurian Non-Seed Crystal, a Diamond Window, an Enhydro, a Devic Temple, a Faden, an Elestial, a Dolphin, a Channeler, a Cathedral, a Quartz/Amethyst Brandberg, and an Etched Hieroglyph. Some of these are multiple traits within one piece though whilst others I have more than one specimen of. I don't have a singular specimen for everything in that list since some of them have more than one of the configurations listed above present in one piece. And then others, like the common configuration of the Phantom, were present in more than 50% of my pieces.

So what about this one though? Yes it's a Record Keeper based on energy and definitely Atlantean, but does anyone know what the proper name would be for this configuration? I'm thinking Etched Sigil or something...

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
Hibiscus Moon Crystal Academy Website Alumni Page
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©
CrystalHealingCare@outlook.com
www.CrystalHealingCare.com

Facebook:Facebook.com/CrystalHealingCare
Twitter:Twitter.com/CrystalHCareCCH
Instagram: Instagram.com/CrystalHealingCare
LadyOfTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15   #2
feranaja

Default Re: Baffled Here - Is this a Record Keeper or not?

Natalie, I know you posted this on FB - did you get any insight from your groups? I can only second what I said there, try working with it and see what happens. Fingers crossed maybe Lightdragon will know something? katiafish who used to post here was also veyr knowledegable but she's been gone a long time.

Also very interested in having you do a course here at ESF - it's been a long time since we had a course of any kind - and I warn you, they are a lot of work!(see my Tarot course, yikes) but ultimately YOU have control over how much time you can spend. A basic primer/Introduction would be good and then if many people who might be more on an intermediate level want you to continue, you can decide if you ave time or not.

I'd consider myself an Intermediate - I've worked with crystals a long time, but time in years doesn't equate to depth. I know a fair bit about some that I work with, I know basic correspondences, and that's about it. I've been feeling much more drawn to crystals these days so I'd welcome a course.

We were asking people to donate time, and the time might translate to a wider audience for things like their books (Ben Gruagach did a GREAT course on Wicca, and the hope was it would create interest in his book) but since forums activity has dropped way off, here and everywhere it seems, I'll talk to the staff about an honorarium for your efforts, too. I think that's only fair as we're not really attracting a lot of traffic these days. I'll certainly advertise your course on FB, I have a little following there as you know.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15   #3
BigAl
Eclectic

What you have there is a very nice example of a key crystal.

Quick google found this definition.

I'd agree that the energy is very "record keeper", but (for me at least) working with this type is much more on the deeply personal level than I'd achieve with a record keeper.

Hope that helps.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15   #4
Leben
The Peanut Gallery

If you could post a picture with better resolution?

Otherwise, I'm with BigAl, looks a lot like a key hole inclusion, where another crystal, growing alongside that one, impressed upon it during growth. Record keepers are triangular etchings.
Leben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15   #5
Leben
The Peanut Gallery

I've posted a good example of a lemurian record keeper in this thread:

http://www.earthsongforums.com/forum...ead.php?t=5332
Old 05-11-15   #6
BigAl
Eclectic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leben View Post
I've posted a good example of a lemurian record keeper in this thread:

www.earthsongforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5332
Wow! Beautiful examples. Thanks for sharing.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15   #7
Leben
The Peanut Gallery

Yes they are, BigAl! I'm particularly drawn to quartz over nearly every other stone; a couple exceptions are bloodstone and rainbow obsidian.
Old 05-12-15   #8
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Holy shit! I don't know if I'm looking at the wrong crystal or if the oddity that's been described in several of my manuals just occurred - since meditating with that stone on my third eye last night while going to sleep, I can no longer find the etching on it anymore! NO JOKE! And I SWEAR I never saw this when I first got it - almost as though it didn't used to be there. Now I can't be going nuts because I've got that photo to prove its existence but I'm either actually encountering the phenomenon of secret etchings appearing, disappearing and reappearing sporadically at random, or I'm looking at the wrong crystal - or I've just lost my marbles. WEIRD! I need to search now and see if I didn't just misplace it. I refuse to believe that design that evaporated into thin air! (However it's not unheard of at all)!

Anyway Fera, did you have a look at my teaching website, TheEnchantedAcademy.com? If you scroll down to the first entry, it's got D.S.'s curriculum and that should give you an idea of what my course outlines are like as well as my teaching style. I'm pretty logic-brained and not so artsy as you can see in that it was written in outline form without much imagery. Feel free to give me any feedback or constructive criticism on it if you want to.

As for working with crystals, it's actually been something I started pursuing about a year and a half ago. In part, because it was a horrendous struggle for me at first. I just could not tune into or make contact with the mineral realm at all. Eventually though, as with any discipline or practice, I was able to finally develop a language of correspondence between myself and my, "rock collection." So here I am now with every book Judy Hall and Melody have ever written, pounds upon pounds of crystals, minerals, and tumbled pieces, (plus lots of silver for wire wraps and a lapidary saw) and now seem to have a fairly good rapport with quite a few types, which I'll list below just for the heck of it. I do actually think I have brought myself to a place of being qualified to teach a small course on it - it's just up to you and whether or not you like my teaching style. I'm about to post D.S.'s first homework assignment (which will then add up to three posts plus my about page link on www.TheEnchantedAcademy.com), and if you like what you see, let me know <3

Favorite gemstones, crystals, and minerals: (I also own at least one of all of these as well)

Phenacite/Phenakite
Selenite (I have several 1x1ft slabs I use to rest other crystals on to clear them)
Celestite
Angelite
Seraphinite
Crackled Quartz in Strawberry and Indigo
Amethyst
Brandburg-Amethyst
Chrysocolla
Apophyllite
Prehnite
Petalite
Malachite
Pink Lazurine
Larimar
Auralite 23
Howlite
Unakite
Blue Aragonite
Rainbow Flourite
Blue Apatite
Ametrine
Danburite
Atlantisite
Merlinite
Kunzite
Sodalite (one of my Sag birth stones)
Lapis Lazuli (another of my Sag birth stones)
Sunstone
Angel Aura
Aqua Aura
Watermelon Tourmaline
Actinolite Witch's Finger Crystal
Quantum Quattro
Chiastolite Faery Crystal
Anhydrite
Blue Calcite
Rhodosocrite
Blue Topaz (and also a Sag birth stone )

...And those are just my favorites that I work with on a regular basis. I have dozens more minerals, crystals, and gemstones, but the above list is what I've been working with lately. I really love, love, love my crystal companions!

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
Hibiscus Moon Crystal Academy Website Alumni Page
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©
CrystalHealingCare@outlook.com
www.CrystalHealingCare.com

Facebook:Facebook.com/CrystalHealingCare
Twitter:Twitter.com/CrystalHCareCCH
Instagram: Instagram.com/CrystalHealingCare
LadyOfTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote