Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Everyday Life > Gender and Identity

Gender and Identity Forum for the discussion of gender and sexuality and how it factors into identity

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-11   #31
Brigidrose
Mermaid

Default Re: Why are Gay Marriage advocates are so upset with Kim Kardashian's divorce?

I think maybe everyone should take a step away from this thread for awhile...again

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Old 11-08-11   #32
Myliobatis
seeking

Default Re: Why are Gay Marriage advocates are so upset with Kim Kardashian's divorce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKLS View Post
Opinion is never fact. Opinion is something so personal that it defies facts and logic. And if you are really that offended by my threads and such, then don't answer them.
So essentially, you're saying, "Opinions are not subject to facts"?

mundus vult decipi

"...being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you, and if you do nothing, they lose hope.
You have to use a light touch ... When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

God from Futurama
Old 11-08-11   #33
Kokaba'al

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKLS View Post
Opinion is never fact. Opinion is something so personal that it defies facts and logic. And if you are really that offended by my threads and such, then don't answer them.
Opinions can be based on fact. Most rational people try to base their opinion on true things, because it's one hell of a lot easier to debate something which is logical and true.

That said:

You can stop this whole wallowing in self pity, and this perception that everything is aimed as an attack on you. It is not. It is aimed at the fallacy and lack of logic which has been presented by you opinions.

You're doing nothing but making yourself look like a fool. You're unable to back up your beloved opinions with anything concrete, so you act like you've been wounded when people point out the glaringly obvious mistakes in your reasoning.

You know, if I acted like you do, I'd be crying in my sleep every night. I study philosophy at university, my days are filled with people 'attacking' each other's opinions and dismantling existing belief as a means to access truth. There's nothing mean or personal inherent in this practice, it is simply the way in which beliefs are picked apart in order to find validity.

If you can't accept that people are going to debate, and are going to ask questions, and are going to pick apart poor reasoning, stop posting about controversial subjects. Of course people are going to disagree, for many of the subjects are very dear to people's hearts!

So I propose that you take some time away from your 'pet topics' - no one is going to defend you when all people are doing is engaging in sensible questioning and debate (despite your conviction that there's some sort of head hunt going on, I can assure you, no one cares enough to specifically target you for anything).

By propose, I mean you really, really should. And should you not comply with the requests of various moderators, there will be serious consequences for your membership at Earthsong.

I think I am will within my rights to lock this thread now.