Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Energy Work

Energy Work for discussion of all types of energy work, methods and approaches

Old 01-21-12   #11
Kokaba'al

Default Re: Changing of eye color.

My irises do change colour a little according to mood. They're somewhere in between blue-green-grey normally, with a much darker outer ring and an almost yellow halo around the pupil. Certain moods make the colour swing towards a certain hue more than when at a baseline mood.

It may be energy work, but also consider things like blood flow (increased during energy work in some instances) which from my experience can have a slight effect of making eyes a brighter hue. I'm not sure if there's any science backing this up, I'm just going on what I noticed, but it's worth remembering.

During my own magick and energy work, my eyes appear (though I admit I may be mistaken or projecting expectation) to veer more towards the green spectrum - a very yellowy green and they seem brighter. But I think that just that wicked sparkle in my eye I get when I'm up to mischief.
Old 01-21-12   #12
Bara Mortath

I have a friend who has the same brown/green color change when he gets royally pissed (really dramatic, his eyes are normaly a sort of acorn brown color, and they go nearly kelly green). It may be something to do with blood flow and dilation of the pupil. Frankly I don't know the science behind it. And my eyes tend to change color depending on ambient light and what color my shirt is (anywhere from sky blue to moss green) though as they're "grey" technically that's probably just the color of the cloth intensifying the existing colors in the eye. Hazel eyes do the same thing to a certain extent. When Iím focusing really hard on something Iíve been told they get a black (or dark grey) ring around the iris.
Bara Mortath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12   #13
DischordianJoy

Here's an article about eye color and why it might change:
http://www.seniorwomen.com/news/inde...s-change-color
DischordianJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-12   #14
Sacred
Forever changing...

Thank you ALL for your responses!!! I had no idea how common this was, very interesting. And thank you for the link

Sacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12   #15
Feyhu
The Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH View Post
I might be able to help, on this one. When a person's eyes change color naturally, it usually is because they have eyes that actually have more than one pigment.

My eyes change color quite often. They are hazel, so I have flecks of every color imaginable in my eyes. I can "bring out" certain colors when they appear hazel by wearing different makeup, clothes, etc. fairly easily. Most often, they are a strange gold color, which freaks others out, but I love!

They also "change" color. I don't know the science behind it, but I assume it has to do with constructing of blood vessels...the green gets bigger, the brown get so small they appear to go away, etc.

They change with my mood. My boyfriend looks at my eyes to judge my mood. If he says, "I want to go out and do this..." I always say it's fine. But he'll look at my eyes to see if I mean it.

When I channel energy, my eyes turn yellow. They go from a golden yellow to a bright, true yellow. My boyfriend swears they glow in the dark, but I don't think that's possible...they are just so bright that any light reflected makes it seem so. It freaks everyone out, and I've found that by calming myself and not allowing the energy to overwhelm (wrong word, sounds like I'm out of control, but I don't know what really fits...fill?) me I can control it to a certain extent.

Your friend probably has hazel eyes, actually. They change, but not as often as some. When she channels energy, her mood and excitement cause those vessels to constrict, or whatever the actual physical explanation is, and they change back to blue. Have her practice holding energy at different levels to experiment. I'm guessing it's when she's excited and "bubbling over" that they change.
it is caused by blood flow, which changes with the mood of the person.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
Feyhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12   #16
Berkhildhr
Daughter of the North

Wow, this is really interesting! It's cool that other people also have "funny" eyes... although the rest of my immediate family have brown eyes so any other colour is different enough for me!

My eyes were blue until I was maybe 10 or so, when they changed to green - around the same time that my blonde hair started going darker, actually. Or at least I saw them as green, and I still say they're green just to keep things simple. When I look really hard at them though, they're a bit hazel around the pupils, then a green colour, then a dark blue-grey ring around the iris. Sort of explains why some people always said I have blue eyes. I'm not sure about whether they change with my mood but they always appear blue when I wear blue clothing.
Berkhildhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12   #17
Fabienne S. Morgana
Thread Necromancer

I am no expert in this, and I certainly have both observed and experienced all of what people have shared above in terms of eye colour changes.

An iridologist told me that there are only three 'true' eye colours - blue, brown and violet (Elizabeth Taylor). Most of us have eye colours that are based on those three and according to diet, health and energy levels, mood - they change.

I was dubious - but then I did an extreme liver cleansing diet for the better part of 3 months due to a cancer scare - and my eyes - previously green/grey and known to change - turned blue...

Now they are blue/green - bluer when I am healthier, greener when I am not... but still perceived to be different colours under different lighting conditions and atmospheres.

FPSM - inspired by Donald L. Engstrom-Reece

Business page on the ubiquitous Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FabienneS.Morgana

Twitter: https://twitter.com/FabienneMorgana
Fabienne S. Morgana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12   #18
Sacred
Forever changing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabienne S. Morgana View Post
I am no expert in this, and I certainly have both observed and experienced all of what people have shared above in terms of eye colour changes.

An iridologist told me that there are only three 'true' eye colours - blue, brown and violet (Elizabeth Taylor). Most of us have eye colours that are based on those three and according to diet, health and energy levels, mood - they change.

I was dubious - but then I did an extreme liver cleansing diet for the better part of 3 months due to a cancer scare - and my eyes - previously green/grey and known to change - turned blue...

Now they are blue/green - bluer when I am healthier, greener when I am not... but still perceived to be different colours under different lighting conditions and atmospheres.
Amazing, thanks for sharing!

Sacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12   #19
matoaka6

I have no experience whatsoever in this matter, but just found the whole thread fascinating. Thank you.
matoaka6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12   #20
Seraphyna
Resident Polywere

The human eye usually has a mix of pigments in it and many things will lead to the iris "changing color". Changes in blood pressure will do it as can what clothing and makeup one wears. What isn't possible is the iris physically changing color to a pigment that is not present. For example, someone with brown eyes will never have violet eyes (without the use of contacts that is). That all being said, it's possible for the eye to appear to have changed color, something like perceiving an energetic shift. So the eye may appear to go (for example, since it's not a color that exists in the human iris) hot pink, even though it did not *physically* change to hot pink.

Personally, I have hazel eyes so they go from dark brown, to honey, to green. Once I "saw" them change to cat eyes, mind you I'm aware that it was not a physical change, but an energetic one I happened to 'see'.

"You do not have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body."-C.S. Lewis
"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain."-Blue Oyster Cult
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
Seraphyna is offline   Reply With Quote