Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Energy Work

Energy Work for discussion of all types of energy work, methods and approaches

Old 12-01-12   #1
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Question Working with wands

How many of you out there use wands as a regular (even daily) practice and more often than just during ceremonies that are part of the holidays of the eight fold year? If you are one of these people, what do you use your wand(s) for and what are some creative ways to give this tool more use? I just bought a really elaborate wand, but rather than it going in with my collection, I'd like to actually use it for something positive - anyone have any ideas? Oh yeah, here's a picture. The gems on the front are Labradorite followed (downwards) to a Kyanite and at the very top, crowning it is a blue Fluorite. All the smaller crystals are swarvoski crystals. Oh yeah, if anyone has any titles on wands and how they were used in ancient times and/or how they're best used in modern times, that would be most helpful as well (I can't seem to find anything).

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
Hibiscus Moon Crystal Academy Website Alumni Page
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©
CrystalHealingCare@outlook.com
www.CrystalHealingCare.com

Facebook:Facebook.com/CrystalHealingCare
Twitter:Twitter.com/CrystalHCareCCH
Instagram: Instagram.com/CrystalHealingCare
LadyOfTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12   #2
Brigidrose
Mermaid

Default Re: Working with wands

That's pretty...
I just finished re-decorating my wand, ( I love labradorite and moonstone, so that is what I used for the majority.
(picture here: http://www.earthsongforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=14193)

I didn't use it much after I stripped it bare. I have been letting it charge in the moon light, so next New Moon I will use it. I usually just hold it with my intention. It is more of a focal point intensifier for me.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12   #3
Kokaba'al

I made my wand a while ago, mainly out of stuff I just recycled.

http://www.earthsongforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=12307

For me, I have found that wands are great for directing energy or will into a certain intent or need. It amplifies and sort of clears/clarifies the energy and intent that is pushed through it, sort of like a really good transmitting/signal boosting antennae.

I want to make some more at some point, perhaps one made out of a silver coloured metal next time.
Old 12-01-12   #4
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Oh wow, that's really beautiful, BrigidRose! I like yours, too, Kokaba'al. That's neat how you utilized recycled items to build it. I have several wands, well, a small collection to be precise, none of them were made by me though, which is kind of silly cause I'm good with whittling and we have a crystal shop in my town. I'm definitely going to make my own when I feel the time is right. For now, different wands just seems to grab my attention. I always like to know the maker really well though before I'll buy a magickal object from them. The woman who makes these is just a doll - I've been friends with her for awhile now. I'm not sure what style I would use to make my own - probably birch with crystal inlay, sort of like Brigid's. Thank you both for the points on how you use your wands. I think I will start by just meditating with it regularly and see where that leads me... I have a TERRIBLE time manifesting things, to be honest, so maybe enhancing with it a stone/mineral wand will help.

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 12-01-12   #5
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Oh yeah, do you think naming a wand is important? In Celtic times they believed that any sword or wand worthy of use should be given a name, according to folklore. This wand was named by the artist. My others I've given names to.

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 12-01-12   #6
PrincessKLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOfTheTrees View Post
How many of you out there use wands as a regular (even daily) practice and more often than just during ceremonies that are part of the holidays of the eight fold year? If you are one of these people, what do you use your wand(s) for and what are some creative ways to give this tool more use? I just bought a really elaborate wand, but rather than it going in with my collection, I'd like to actually use it for something positive - anyone have any ideas? Oh yeah, here's a picture. The gems on the front are Labradorite followed (downwards) to a Kyanite and at the very top, crowning it is a blue Fluorite. All the smaller crystals are swarvoski crystals. Oh yeah, if anyone has any titles on wands and how they were used in ancient times and/or how they're best used in modern times, that would be most helpful as well (I can't seem to find anything).

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Oooo, pretty what is that?
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12   #7
Leben
The Peanut Gallery

very pretty! what is the material being used that is holding it together? Is it FIMO? Did you friend need to bake it to harden it together? Curious
Leben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12   #8
DonelleBeira

I was wondering the same thing as you, Leben. Nice work, beautiful piece!

"Remember these moments always, but do not ignore the sad times, either. Memory is the greatest of gifts."
Spoken by Aditu, a Sithi (an Elf)
from "To Green Angel Tower II"
by Tad Williams
DonelleBeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12   #9
Iret

So pretty!

Right now I have a copper wand with aqua aura inserted into both ends. I used polymer clay, but I'd love to decorate it even more.
Old 12-02-12   #10
Nacken

I don't cast a circle or spell or perform a ritual daily, but when I do I use a wand more often than I use an athame or sword. I find that I'm more comfortable with it, and would suggest that a wand rather than an athame be used when doing ritual out of doors.
Nacken is offline   Reply With Quote