Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Witchcraft

Witchcraft Forum for discussion of all types of the Craft, Dianic to BTW, and everything in between

Old 05-15-14   #1
Bartmanhomer

Default Good Witch, Evil Witch Or Just Plain Neutral Witch

Are witches good, evil or neutral?
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-14   #2
feranaja

Default Re: Good Witch, Evil Witch Or Just Plain Neutral Witch

depends on the witch, Bartman.

I, for example, and a paragon of goodness and Light, but that Brigidrose character, you have to watch out for her.

In all seriousness? Witches can be "good or bad" -- and to further complicate it, different people have different ideas about what those things mean.

What do the terms "good and bad" mean to you? What do you think is the difference between a good witch and a bad one?

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-14   #3
Bartmanhomer

Good is for the best that a good person can do for the person. Bad is whatever that he/she can get away with.

Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 05-16-14 at 09:42 AM.
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-14   #4
feranaja

I don't know about that. What if I can "get away with" breaking into a laboratory that hurts animals, and free them all? Is that still bad?

Is it bad if you find 1000$ in a ritzy bathroom and use it to help the homeless, is "getting away with that" really so bad?

Shane Parrish
Old 05-15-14   #5
Cassie
Lady of the Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
I don't know about that. What if I can "get away with" breaking into a laboratory that hurts animals, and free them all? Is that still bad?

Is it bad if you find 1000$ in a ritzy bathroom and use it to help the homeless, is "getting away with that" really so bad?
*like*
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-14   #6
Leben
The Peanut Gallery

What if that $1000 belonged to the cleaning maid who had been saving it for years? She brought it to work that night to buy a car after work, and it accidentally fell out of her pocket?

What if one of those animals held the key to a cure, and by letting it go you ruined years or decades of research that could have saved the lives of MILLIONS of people??
Leben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-14   #7
feranaja

Well, the first one would really bother me....but better it at least go to help others than up some asshat's nose.

But seriously, that's the point isn't it? We just cannot always say clearly what is good or bad. Sometimes it's a matter of one's hurt causes the betterment of another. But that of course doesn't justify doing as we please - there are still moral codes that represent how we ought to behave, and saying" well "this group of beings is suffering horribly for the enrichment of this other group" never makes it right.

There are moral absolutes, things that are simply wrong no matter how we justify or talk our way out of it.

Shane Parrish
Old 05-16-14   #8
petrus4
Leaper

I will never keep money (in situations where I find it) unless after I have attempted to return it, the relevant individual says that I can keep it.

As for using magick as a means of obtaining retributive justice, usually I try and avoid that, too. However, these days, antagonise me for long enough, and if you live in close physical proximity to me, you're getting some hotfoot powder. The goal there is not vindictive, excessive harm; but deterrence and the simple removal of someone who is adversely affecting me, from my own sphere.

I have recently learned restraint where dealing with hostile spirits is concerned, as well. Something tried to spook me a few weeks back, when I was walking home one night here in Nimbin, and I attacked it with my astral sword, to the point of pulling it back and hitting it again when it tried to run. I was later told that said spirit was human; and I am not allowed to do that to humans.

I had another spirit come into my bedroom and wake me up from the usual type of nightmare (they are usually negative energy feeders) probably three nights ago, and in that case, I did not attack it. I pointed at it with my sword, and told it in no uncertain terms that while I would prefer not to attack it, it should not make the mistake of thinking I wouldn't. That turned out to be enough, and said spirit left on its' own.
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-14   #9
feranaja

I once found ten GRAND in a bathroom at the practise space my band rehearsed at. (Remember that FI? At Soundhaven?)
I gave it back, lol, I would never have been able to live with myself if I hadn't.

And I don't consider myself especially "good" although on the spectrum of human behaviour, I probably am more on that side of things than not.

Shane Parrish
Old 05-16-14   #10
feranaja

petrus, probably another thread but it's interesting that you are suddenly attracting a number of entities these days....

Shane Parrish