Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Song of the Earth > The Physical Temple

The Physical Temple Care and feeding of the body, nutrition, herbs and supplements, exercise, alternative healing modalities - all fit here

Old 06-04-14   #1
DonelleBeira

Default Question about infections and healing

My GP and the dentists I've seen say this isn't possible but I disagree.

Since the Mono last Spring, which lasted nearly a year, and since the tooth abscesses started while the Mono was still in play I believe all this infection is why my neck and shoulder injuries can't heal. (I have nerve damage in my neck and a torn rotator cuff from a fall in Feb.) Does it make sense to you that this is all connected? That the infections which have been present in my body for over a year have prevented the healing in my neck and shoulder?

"Remember these moments always, but do not ignore the sad times, either. Memory is the greatest of gifts."
Spoken by Aditu, a Sithi (an Elf)
from "To Green Angel Tower II"
by Tad Williams
DonelleBeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14   #2
Kokaba'al

Default Re: Question about infections and healing

Honestly, the body is a whole system, so I would imagine there is a connection, with anything that is going on, external or internal. Not to forget, each body rather works by its own established rules - someone else might heal their neck injury while also suffering infection, but doesn't automatically mean you will. I'm sure Fera would know more about this sort of thing, but it makes sense to me. I've also read of cases where people had trouble healing new piercings and other such body modifications, usually because their body was also experiencing something else, like a tooth-related infection or poor diet or some other injury site, or really, any number of things.
Kokaba'al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14   #3
petrus4
Leaper

As far as I am concerned, all the physical body is, is a very dense manifestation of energy. I've had proof of that being the case; I can draw energy out which is associated with pain, and said pain will move from the limb in question, to my hands. I've also had injuries or gout attacks which were the result of toxic thinking. When I changed the thinking, the problem went away.

So yes, illnesses and what can seem to be injuries can easily be caused by bad thinking, or energetic deposits resulting from unresolved conflicts.
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14   #4
CailinRua

It most definitely could be related! Especially if the mono lasted a year and you had a hell of a time fighting it off along WITH tooth infection (damn, i feel for you). I have noticed for myself that if i have more than one thing going on with my body it takes longer to resolve. I used to work in a group home for people with violent behavior problems. Working in the group home meant being sick with colds almost always, and also my work injuries, scratches and bruises, would take longer to heal than i was ever used to. I learned this especially obviously when I broke my ankle one spring and it, too, took nearly a year to fully heal. Stress can have similar effects. But i would imagine mono AND abscessed teeth would be plenty to distract from healing your neck. Like your body would want to heal the more pressing issue of infection before moving on to other parts.

Im no expert but thats my two cents. Dentist and GP could just be saying "no not related" for liability reasons. Dentist doesnt want to be blamed for neck problems, etc. If you could find a doc with a more holistic approach it might help to have your thoughts on it taken more seriously and addressed fully and not in separate and "unrelated" parts. Just a thought, I hope you get to feeling better !
CailinRua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14   #5
feranaja

You already know what I think. There's connection on both tnagible and subtle levels.

I've sent you a few tinctures and you have made or bought others; I have much respect for your herbal knowledge, as I hope you know. You can boost the immune system and clear the lymphatics and relax tension (I keep thinkiing about Monotropa here) and so on herbally, but none of it will address nutritional causes for low immunity or spiritual issues( unattended sorrow?)...so I'd be working on all the levels - diet, spirit and plant medicine...well I would SAY I was but then work 100 hours a week and live on beer anyway.
You can do better. Start by sharing your diet. The whole truth and nothing but.

(I had two pieces of dry toast and a small bowl of quinoa yesterday. ..7 cups of coffee. I'm not going to be heavy-handed with you. <g>

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14   #6
DonelleBeira

Diet...ahh you will be so proud! My diet has changed considerably over the last few months!

At least 3 mornings a week I eat an egg with toast for breakfast (regular white bread with real butter). No more margarine for me! On the mornings I don't eat an egg, I eat toast or cereal, maybe oatmeal or Cream of Wheat.

I TRY to eat 3 meals a day even if they are very small. Each meal has a meat, usually chicken or fish of some sort, a green veggie (spinach, kale, turnip greens, Brussels Sprouts, asparagus or green beans - all fresh, blanched and frozen at home) and a carb of some sort, usually bread, pasta or white rice, on rare occasions white potatoes. I have sandwiches several times a week usually with turkey and swiss cheese, mayo, tomato, lettuce and mayo with some chips.

With the abscesses I, of course, can't eat like that so when they are in play I drink a whole lot of bone broths, soups, sweet potatoes, puddings (yes, packaged), and other soft foods that don't require chewing. I have been known to put a meal in my little chopper with some water and make a paste of sorts to eat during abscesses, too.

This morning I have had some home made brown rice and 1/2 cup of coffee. The brown rice is made with white rice and beef consumme soup by Campbell's with some minced garlic and butter added.

At night I usually have a snack around bedtime of crackers and cheese or peanut butter....unless I have been "bad" and bought some sweets then I pig out on sweets. I have learned that green grapes and Bartlett pears help a great deal with my sweet cravings at night so I try to keep those on hand - tho I admit to sharing with Mama (the coon) a bit to much often leaving me without.

Still not optimal but getting there and a vast improvement over how I was eating! Which was typically nothing at all during the day then pigging out on junk all nite long.

"Remember these moments always, but do not ignore the sad times, either. Memory is the greatest of gifts."
by Tad Williams
Old 06-04-14   #7
feranaja

Ok - so that's improvement! but you can see at a glance everything that's low! I'm going to zero in on Vitamins A and D - on zinc and magnesium - and suggest you supplement until you're able to eat more varied foods.NOTE: and C - it seems low in C to me as well. Overall I think you're low in just about everything - but without a full work-up, I'd focus on those nutrients. Are you doing anything nervine/adaptogen for the stress? Are you sleeping?

Shane Parrish
Old 06-04-14   #8
DonelleBeira

Sleep has been a rare commodity lately for obvious reasons. I do take magnesium each night and a multi-vitamin each morning - New Chapter 40+ Every Woman's One Daily Multi. I also take GTF Chromium each morning, 200mcg. I use a Hawthorne and Cacao bitters before each meal. I have been drinking a great deal of herbal teas as well - Lemon Balm, Skullcap, CA Poppy, and Passionflower for nervines with Honeysuckle Honey to sweeten. I drink an herbal infusion, one qt, each day as well that has Calendula, German Chamomile, Marshmallow Root, Fennel seed, Spearmint, Stinging Nettles, and Lemon Balm in it. And the loverly TCM formula Liu Wei Di Huang San - crud found in Ancestors socks soaked in bug pee strained through moldy mushrooms. I take this daily with honey - the ONLY way to get it down!

by Tad Williams
Old 06-04-14   #9
feranaja

Why so much chromium? I feel better reading all of this, sounds like you have a lot of it covered(love the Liu Wei description). I still think you could take the C,E and zinc up and try for some pre-formed Vitamin A if you can?

But this seems to have other components, indeed. Is it possible for you to see a good acupuncturist? from a Western perspective I might think about adding rose right now in as many forms as you can - tincture, rosehip tea, EO diluted on the wrist, elixir. Use it in small but varied ways to open the heart and encourage healing. I have a sense of Solomon's Seal being needed as well, perhaps with Blue vervain for muscular pain(and goldenrod - topical goldenrod). But please - if you haven't already, read Sean's essay on Monotropa. I think of it as a go-to now, I always have a bottle with me.
http://greenmanramblings.blogspot.ca...-uniflora.html

Shane Parrish
Old 06-04-14   #10
feranaja

"And it struck me that that's the essence of Ghost Pipe's medicine: its the medicine that pulls you back from the edge."

Just for you, dear friend.

Shane Parrish