Go Back   EarthSong Forums > General Occult > LHP

LHP Left-Hand Path: For discussing traditions that reject conventional religious dogmas and/or practices in favor of techniques or positions that are generally considered 'taboo.'

Old 12-08-14   #1
Lightdragon
pagan

Default Satanists fighting for reproductive rights.

http://www.care2.com/causes/want-to-...-for-that.html

Super-Cool Retired mod type

I did not have sex with this actress Chloe Bennett
Lightdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14   #2
David_2010

Default Re: Satanists fighting for reproductive rights.

I don't understand how this Satanists fighting for women's right to choose. Plenty of people do that - religion and non-religious alike. Exactly what is unique about this group?.

I think this group, from all the other posts you've posted about them, seem to mainly interested in good PR, getting followers (and perhaps money/funding).

I've always thought of Satanism as a Antimonian Path that a person follows in order achieve deification of some kind. Not the type of pathetic juvenile stuff that passes for "antimonian Satanism" (e.g. a bunch of people dressing in black, listening to music that preaches hate against Christians), but the type that Darth Brooks represented and practiced and many others online (though sadly, because they aren't publicity whores, it's only the ones that crave media attention that people hear about).

The article said, if you believe in a woman's right to choose, you might be a Satanist, to me, if you believe in a woman's right to choose, you sound like a decent human being, whatever Path you follow.
David_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14   #3
Lightdragon
pagan

Default Re: Satanists fighting for reproductive rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_2010 View Post
I don't understand how this Satanists fighting for women's right to choose. Plenty of people do that - religion and non-religious alike. Exactly what is unique about this group?.
no one is taking on the court systems in the USA. at least recently. Especially over the recent Supreme court decisions over the Hobby Lobby refusing to cover certain reproductive items. as they are using religion as an excuse to take away women's rights. you would expect the feminists and a lesser extent pagans to do this but no. no word from them.

Quote:
I think this group, from all the other posts you've posted about them, seem to mainly interested in good PR, getting followers (and perhaps money/funding).
of course. witches did it in the early 50's to mid 70's or so(with a few incidents here and there.). especially the American pagans in the 70's with feminism and Earth awareness. this is a first for them as they are dealing with groups that do not effect them. Satanists usually did PR just to promote themselves and fought for themselves. Pagans I can actually see not really wanting to get involved as this is a direct attack on another religion.

Quote:
I've always thought of Satanism as a Antimonian Path that a person follows in order achieve deification of some kind.
that is more of the level of Non-theistic Satanism(which this group is part of ). but there are other forms of Satanism.

Quote:
Not the type of pathetic juvenile stuff that passes for "antimonian Satanism" (e.g. a bunch of people dressing in black, listening to music that preaches hate against Christians),
I think we had a member here like that or at least he had a profile pic of him here like that. but most Satanists usually abhor the Church( like a lot of Christians,Pagans,some or most Hindus, some Muslims and some Jews. the latter I would know since my mother is Jewish and her family is not exactly too fond of Christians.) or it's teachings that cause repression. so they will lash out at it at first opportunity. and Satanists usually do it in a fashion to piss off people. some Setians get outlandish as well.

Quote:
but the type that Darth Brooks represented and practiced and many others online (though sadly, because they aren't publicity whores, it's only the ones that crave media attention that people hear about).
Darth Brooks I believe is a Setian not a Satanist.

Quote:
The article said, if you believe in a woman's right to choose, you might be a Satanist, to me, if you believe in a woman's right to choose, you sound like a decent human being, whatever Path you follow.
a lot of it is PR.

Super-Cool Retired mod type

I did not have sex with this actress Chloe Bennett
Lightdragon is offline   Reply With Quote