Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Everyday Life > Gender and Identity > GLBTIQA

GLBTIQA Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender issues and discussions.

Old 05-19-15   #1
Bartmanhomer

Default Dating A Transgender

How would you feeling when you found out that you're dating a transgender?
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-15   #2
feranaja

Default Re: Dating A Transgender

I'd feel upset if he hadn't been clear about it, like I would about any deception. Otherwise, if I liked someone enough to go out with them, their being transgender wouldn't change that... but maybe them being sneaky, would. It would depend on many things (like if they were just really nervous to tell me, and not actually a habitual liar).

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-15   #3
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
In truth I can't give an honest answer as to how I might feel about it. I'd like to think I would be mature about it but would be lying to you and myself to say I would or wouldn't. Though I do think part would depend upon we're they a male physically and genetically and acting female or someone who had corrective surgery to make their physical form match their gender identity.

A person who identified mentally as a female but physical wise still a male definitely not, that I am pretty certain of. Especially being a cis male and the mental outlook it suggests.
Old 05-20-15   #4
Brigidrose
Mermaid

As long as they were honest about it, I don't think I would have a problem. The soul is the soul, no matter what the package.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-15   #5
BigAl
Eclectic

Quote:
Been there, done that. Seriously messed with her head when I hardly blinked as she came out.

Her anger issues (centred on her family) finally broke us - I just couldn't handle the drama, or the violence, at that time in my life (was only 20 at the time), and she wasn't ready to get the help she needed in order to take control of hers.

How did I feel as she was telling me?

Relieved more than anything, probably. Was kind of besotted by her, but she maintained such a distance I didn't think she was interested. Turned out she was afraid to get too close for fear of my reaction... which made me sad, as no-one should have to live in fear of what others may think, or how they may react...

Can't believe I actually just shared that . Only the wife knows that story! lol
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-15   #6
Bartmanhomer

To be honest with everybody I'll be upset and furious if my date turns out to be transgender. If "she" lied to me this whole entire time telling me that she's really is a man, I break it off with "her". >
Old 05-21-15   #7
Leben
The Peanut Gallery

Sounds like you're afraid someone might think you're gay if they found out you were dating a transexual person? Here's the point you're missing: there is no "her" or "she" like you put in quotation marks, only a woman who has the wrong body for her gender. It's like what other people said here -- it's one thing if they've been lying the whole time, but it's another if they're hesitant to be 100% forthcoming on the first date -- and they shouldn't be. If there is a real connection, obvious chemistry and attraction, and a few dates go by and then it gets mentioned, that's fair. If it's really too much to handle, DON'T GET MAD (they can't help who they are) just say I appreciate you telling me and we obviously get along, but I'm not comfortable proceeding romantically, let's still be friends. No big deal :P
Leben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-15   #8
Bartmanhomer

That's correct Leben. I understand that people was born in the wrong body. What I don't understand is why people would lied about their true gender.
Old 05-21-15   #9
BigAl
Eclectic

Quote:
That's correct Leben. I understand that people was born in the wrong body. What I don't understand is why people would lied about their true gender.
But that wasn't your question Bart. How would you feel if she told you on the first date?
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-15   #10
Bartmanhomer

I would feel upset about it. The disadvantage of a MTF is that she can't make babies.