Go Back   EarthSong Forums > General Occult > General Occult

General Occult For general occult topics, anything from crop circles to UFOs, whatever doesn't fit elsewhere

Old 03-24-16   #11
Windsmith bat Gaia
Reclaiming Tradition

Default Re: What is your soul craving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fethenwen View Post
^ Hope you find that balance soon.
Thanks! I think I'm getting the hang of it!

Quote:
I have noticed that early spring time can be quite turbulent, it is easy to get carried away by the up-lifting energies. Especially if you already have a lot of stuff going on in your life.
Exactly! I wrote a "Rough Guide to Paganisms" for a friend, in which I described the Vernal Equinox as "a pause before everything bursts into bloom and the world goes bonkers."
Old 03-29-16   #12
Jake_Reign
Madman

Peace of mind. I crave for the hate and anger to go away and stay away for good this time. I crave self sufficiency, and being able to survive in this world without the help of others. Lastly I crave validation that I'm not completely batshit crazy. That everything I've learned and accomplished metaphysically isn't all just in my head.
Old 03-29-16   #13
LarkWahya
Mystic Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Reign View Post
Peace of mind. I crave for the hate and anger to go away and stay away for good this time. I crave self sufficiency, and being able to survive in this world without the help of others. Lastly I crave validation that I'm not completely batshit crazy. That everything I've learned and accomplished metaphysically isn't all just in my head.
i can feel that like you dont even understand. i hope you find that soon

Do you think amethysts could be the souls of good violets? ~Anne of Green Gables
Green is the primary color of the world
LarkWahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-16   #14
Windsmith bat Gaia
Reclaiming Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsmith bat Gaia View Post
My soul is craving that pause. The moment I need to catch my breath and think before either diving in or running away, the moment of centeredness so I can ride the wave rather than just letting it either drown me or carry me out to sea.
UPDATE: Y'all, it's going to be a long process, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Earlier this week, a friend and fellow editor got in touch with me about someone needing a script editor for a death-related documentary.

That's right. A script editor. For a death-related documentary. At least on paper, this project could not possibly be more up my alley. Part of me was screaming to say YES! YES! YES! the instant I finished reading the email. Instead, I stopped, took a deep breath, and checked in with my deepest self. And in that moment I knew down to my bones that I didn't have the time or energy it demanded. I decided I would rather pass on the opportunity altogether than agree and only be able to half-ass it. I emailed my friend and said that, as much as it pained me, I had to say no.

It was hard, because I come from a culture that taught me that I should say yes even when I mean no (and that my no usually means yes anyway...), but I stood fast in my knowledge of my own capacities, and I know it was the best decision I could have made.
Old 03-30-16   #15
Sollie

Sad is the missed opportunity is, that's really good to hear, Windy. I know that allowing yourself to rest at this moment means even bigger and better things are heading your way that you will be able to do to the utmost quality.

Eat early, then eat pizza rolls when at home.
Sollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-16   #16
Windsmith bat Gaia
Reclaiming Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollie View Post
Sad is the missed opportunity is, that's really good to hear, Windy. I know that allowing yourself to rest at this moment means even bigger and better things are heading your way that you will be able to do to the utmost quality.
I think you're absolutely right, Sollie. There are a couple of endeavors on the horizon that I really want to keep my options and resources open for!