Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Creative Spirituality

Creative Spirituality A forum to discuss emergent and eclectic spiritual practices, traditions and personal paths

Old 07-04-17   #1
Bartmanhomer

Default I'm Thinking Of Changing My Faith Again

Hey everybody. On Sunday during church one of the church sisters was acting very violently. She almost tipped over the table with food. What does that got to do with anything well. I was questioning of my faith and also a fear for my safety. I was just thinking of changing my faith again by a different belief, Agnostic or even Atheist. I don't know what to do anymore.
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17   #2
Habilus

Default Re: I'm Thinking Of Changing My Faith Again

My friend, "FAITH" is a poor substitute for being "SPIRITUAL" From your posts I can tell you are a very spiritual being, why put in a box some man made? Be silent within, let the gods speak for themselves and let them lead you. you may find its to where you belong and really want to be! after all, we all have that "Still, small voice" within us, listening and hearing are keys to good Sorcery. A beloved guide once told me:
"Listening to what is going on inside you, will show you what's going on around you."
At times it has saved my life! and generally, it's saved my sanity. Far be it from me to evangelize my path, but the path of grey may suit you. it will enable you to hear the gods more clearly, walking in peace like that. the gods are quite capable of getting your attention when needed, like they did with me just now, telling you this.

Walk in peace no matter the paths you roam.
Old 07-07-17   #3
feranaja

Bartman - what are the things you value most in life? By "thing" I mean ideas as well as objects. Think on that. The things we value most are what we call "sacred" and that is one starting place for understanding your path.

If you truly believe there is only one God - Yahweh - and that Jesus Christ is the saviour of mankind, you have to work through your issues around Christianity. If you don't really believe that, stop forcing yourself to identify as Christian. And find what matters most, authentically matters, to YOU.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-17   #4
SJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
Hey everybody. On Sunday during church one of the church sisters was acting very violently. She almost tipped over the table with food. What does that got to do with anything well. I was questioning of my faith and also a fear for my safety. I was just thinking of changing my faith again by a different belief, Agnostic or even Atheist. I don't know what to do anymore.
Check out the local Unitarian Universalist church in your area. You can believe anything you want, or nothing at all. Just a thought to help. The UU is not for everyone but since you're in this forum, you may like it. Ours is a mixture of Pagans, Catholics, Atheists, Humanists, etc...