Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Ritual Magic

Ritual Magic Exploration of ritual magic from the Golden Dawn to the myriad modern offshoots

Old 08-25-09   #1
aedria

Default The Middle Pillar Ritual

This ritual is very effective in order to fortify the aura of the magician. I find it effective to use at least twice a day. I use this ritual prior to calling the quarters while doing the LBRP. This is copied from a website of the Golden Dawn.

The Middle Pillar Ritual
A powerful energy-invoking exercise used to bring down the Light of the Golden Dawn. Once the Light has been installed in the Heart (point 9 below), it may effectively be channelled outward as healing and transformative energy. When used in this fashion, the Golden Dawn Light that has been installed in the Heart center in point 9 is channelled through the palm of the hand as a pure white Ray of force, towards whatever object is intended as recipient.
This exercise stands by itself as an energy focusing work, and may be utilized by any Initiate on a regular basis -- and certainly ought to be activated before attempting any transmittal of healing energy. It may also be done as part of a longer ritual process, such as following the LBRP and the Rose+Cross Rite, in that order. In this way, the LBRP clears and purifies your space; the Rose+Cross establishes a clear white background upon which to work.

1. Stand in the Temple (or other location) facing West. (This is because you are taken to be standing in the East, source of the Light of the Golden Dawn as it manifests on the Earth plane.) Arms are stretched out straight to both sides. On your right (the North) is the Black Pillar of Severity; on your left (the South) is the White Pillar of Mercy. You stand in between as the Middle Pillar of Balance.
2. A blindingly brilliant white light, the Light of the Infinite Self (Ain Soph Aur) originates far above your head, coming from the Crown. (Saharshra).
3. The light descends to the top of your forehead, forming a sphere the size of your head. Vibrate, strongly: EH-EI-EH ("I AM")
4. When this is felt strongly, allow the light to descend to the Daath center (throat chakkra).) Vibrate: YHVH ELOHIM (I Am the Mighty One of God.)
5. Allow the Light to descend further to the heart center (Tiphareth/Anahatta chakra). Vibrate: YHVH ELOAH VE-DAATH. (I Am the Lord of Knowledge.)
6. Allow the Light to descend through the Solar Plexus, down to the Svadisthana Chakra (generational center) at Yesod. Vibrate: SHADDAI EL-CHAI (Lord of Life.)
7. Allow the Light to descend further, through the Muladhara Chakra (root center) and all the way down to the earth, gaining density as it progresses. Vibrate: ADNI HA-ARETZ (Lord of the Earth.)
8. The Light of the Golden Dawn now surrounds the whole body of the Initiate.
9. Allow it to ascend back up to center it in the Heart, where it becomes established in fullness.
10. From this Center the Light may be channelled as a healing energy, through the palm of the right hand, as a white ray of force aimed at an object. The Light may also be established in the Heart and utilized as a catalyst for meditative states and visions, if it is meant to be so
Old 08-25-09   #2
Daedralord

Default Re: The Middle Pillar Ritual

Thanks Aedria! Having these summaries of these rituals here is always handy if you need to refer someone to them. Or in case someone wants to learn them but don't know. I don't even know where to begin with the praises I can heap on this seemingly simple ritual. I use it for everything from general health to talismans, servitors and other magics.
Old 08-25-09   #3
Daedralord

Aedria, it would be nice if we sticky these last couple of threads you have made. That way they will always be available easily for reference. I will leave this to you if you want them sticky.
Old 08-25-09   #4
aedria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedralord View Post
Aedria, it would be nice if we sticky these last couple of threads you have made. That way they will always be available easily for reference. I will leave this to you if you want them sticky.
Cool, I stickied some threads.
Old 05-07-10   #5
Tombe

I do a different variation of this ritual, it goes as follows:

The colours for the 5 points and the Angels for the 5 points of the Middle Pillar are added. Also, I face East and keep my arms down to the side.

At Kether: EH-EI-EH, Metatron (imagine a sphere of white brilliance)
At Da'ath: YHVH ELOHEEM, El-ex-ar-peh Co-mah-nah-na Tahb-ih-toh-ehm (lavender)
At Tiphereth: YHVH ELOAH VE-DAATH, Raphael (gold)
At Yesod: Shadai El Chai, Gabriel (violet)
At Malkuth: ADNI HA-ARETZ, Sandalphon (black)

(sorry for the font differences, was too lazy to write everything out, so just copied some of the words from Aedria)

=> When you end: as you breathe in, draw the Energy up your back and let in come down the front and as you exhale you further push it down at the front (the energy, don't use your hands). Do the same from your right to left side.

This works seriously well for directing energy into other people as well.
Tombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-10   #6
Havajra

I was trying to grasp at why you put the Enochian words in there for da'ath? And Sandalphon? Why?
Old 05-07-10   #7
Tombe

Enochian Angelic name at Da'ath is used because there is no proper Kabbalistic equivalent for that sphere.
Old 05-07-10   #8
Havajra

Ah, yes, I suppose one wouldn't want to be calling on Choronzon
Although, it doesn't seem right.
Old 05-07-10   #9
Tombe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havajra View Post
Ah, yes, I suppose one wouldn't want to be calling on Choronzon
I wonder if Crowley would call on Choronzon for it

But the whole concept of Da'ath as a godless black abyss and lightless desert does make it hard to equate an angel with it anyways (I got my angel at Da'ath from Donald Kraig). Funny thing just popped into my head: the throat being a communication center, but also an empty place in terms of Da'ath attached to it..empty words much? (yes, I do need to go to bed before more gunk pops into my head for the night)
Old 05-12-10   #10
Havajra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombe View Post
I wonder if Crowley would call on Choronzon for it

But the whole concept of Da'ath as a godless black abyss and lightless desert does make it hard to equate an angel with it anyways (I got my angel at Da'ath from Donald Kraig). Funny thing just popped into my head: the throat being a communication center, but also an empty place in terms of Da'ath attached to it..empty words much? (yes, I do need to go to bed before more gunk pops into my head for the night)
Funny The throat is the one avenue which we imbibe our nourishment physically, so if we apply that idea to Da'ath, it is the place where nourishment travels from the upper supernals. It's not something to avoid, it's the necessary avenue to Binah.