Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Song of the Earth > Interspecies Communication

Interspecies Communication verbal non verbal, telepathic - listening to animal whispers, the sound of the voiceless in our world

Old 03-08-10   #21
feranaja

Default Re: The, CAT thread

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...sing-home.html

One kitty you don't want on your bed....

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10   #22
PrincessKLS

I'm so sick of my cat, my sister's cat and I can't believe I used to love these things.
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10   #23
Deimos
Animals Are Dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKLS View Post
I'm so sick of my cat, my sister's cat and I can't believe I used to love these things.
I hear you on that. I used to be a cat person but now I think I've converted to a chicken person because I just for once I'd like to be pleasantly surprised by what I find under the bum of my pet after it sits down and strains for awhile.
Old 03-09-10   #24
PrincessKLS

I'm starting to become a dog person but I'm becoming partial to the idea of having fish, hamster, or basically something I can keep in a cage and not get flack for it. Seriously my room has become so dirty since I got a cat.
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10   #25
feranaja

I have caged animals and I feel I have to take them out daily ( 3 times a week for the snakes, they don't like it as much as the warmbloods do) or I feel really guilty. My birds, bearded dragon and rabbit are all loose; but they have tanks or hutches etc to go back into. Only my 2 snakes and rat are basically confined and I don't like ti. I take Kala out daily, usually at night when she's most active. What I plan to do for the snakes is have a friend build a larger enclosure and they can live together. Ben likes to come out, but Clementine, my wild caught snake is really scared. I hate having to confne her, but I figure she has a better life here than she would have elsewhere. She's not a typical ball python at all, so I'm glad I can give her some kind of a life.

But yeah - keeping animals in confinement means you have to get them out every day. I can't justify it to myself otherwise.
And my animals do indeed make for a ton more housework - vaccuuming, dusting - then I'd have otherwise, I like a tidy if not spotless house - but I wouldn't have t any otehr way. Spring is the worst with muddy paws. But consider the joy they give us!

Shane Parrish
Old 03-09-10   #26
Ravenbear
Educated Redneck Injun

My snakes have gotten so big it's hard to get them out every day but they have a 6ft by 4ft cage so they are happy, at their size they do not move a lot.. And my spiders well they do know like the handling part at all.. And with 1/2 inch fangs they back it up pretty well.. But I still love' em..

Heaven is a place where, when you get there, all the dogs you ever loved come running out to greet you.

Yes, I have Indian blood in me, and just enough white blood for you to question my honesty..
-Will Rogers as the Cherokee Kid

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.' -Nietzsche

"A dog is not almost-human, and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such."
- John Holmes

Forgive me Father, for I am a Warrior, for I can never forget.- Over heard in the dark and heat of an Iraqis night.

Ravenbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10   #27
feranaja

Can you post some pics of us at some point??

we need a snake and spider thread...

Shane Parrish
Old 03-09-10   #28
Ravenbear
Educated Redneck Injun

Were should I post them? Is there a special place on the forms?? Never mind I found the picture place and made an album.. they are there now..

Heaven is a place where, when you get there, all the dogs you ever loved come running out to greet you.

Yes, I have Indian blood in me, and just enough white blood for you to question my honesty..
-Will Rogers as the Cherokee Kid

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.' -Nietzsche

"A dog is not almost-human, and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such."
- John Holmes

Forgive me Father, for I am a Warrior, for I can never forget.- Over heard in the dark and heat of an Iraqis night.

Last edited by Ravenbear; 03-09-10 at 10:53 AM.
Ravenbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10   #29
Sitalique

Here's a couple pics of my Smokey:
When we first got him: Now: (click the pics to see them bigger)

wish I had better pictures of him but he likes to run whenever the camera comes out

A balance of dark and light is always preferred.
Don't be afraid of the dark...
Sitalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10   #30
Brigidrose
Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitalique View Post
Here's a couple pics of my Smokey:
When we first got him: Now: (click the pics to see them bigger)

wish I had better pictures of him but he likes to run whenever the camera comes out
He is adorable....

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote