Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Energy Work

Energy Work for discussion of all types of energy work, methods and approaches

Old 06-25-10   #1
Herr Heinrich

Default Energy block question

Throughout my life I have had what I always called night terrors. Apparently many people have them and they are generally caused from stress. Mine are different than what they are normally described as though. Normally people don't remember night terrors or even wake up or get up. With me I think I am awake. I think I am 100% awake, but I see things. Sometimes they are really ridiculous things that shouldn't be scary and other times they are terrifying things. I used to go running through the house screaming. It takes me a little while to wake up fully and I am generally very shaken by them. My friend and his family always thought my room had demons in it that were messing with me. What do you all think? Also is it possible that I may have put up energy blocks subconsciously from these traumatic experiences? Even though I have been practicing Tai Chi and I can do Reiki I still have trouble feeling energy of any sort. I really want to be able to experience what other people call Nature Spirits and Fairies and such. So I guess any thoughts about all of this?
Herr Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-10   #2
enchanted_one
Kemetic Wiccan

Default Re: Energy block question

Have you tried any grounding exercises to fill yourself with positive energy before bed, and to dump out any negative energy that may be hanging around?

I found something beautiful on this site. I wonder how many others have seen it. I want to thank our webmaster for this blessing. It is with love that I share it with those clever enough to find it:
I ask of thee, o powers that be
That watcheth over the community, and over me
Guard this tranquil space
With your love and nurturing grace
See that no harm shall be done to we
Nor any attempt to do so be appeased
For this we thank you
For this we stand a pillar of strength
For all to see

Amen
My mod mode will be in this color so it is hard to read, since I am not really a mod.
enchanted_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-10   #3
Herr Heinrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchanted_one View Post
Have you tried any grounding exercises to fill yourself with positive energy before bed, and to dump out any negative energy that may be hanging around?

I like to do Reiki on myself before bed sometimes. I haven't been having extreme night terrors since I moved. So I am starting to think my friend was partially right.
Old 06-25-10   #4
Cran'Thun
My little buttercup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Heinrich View Post
Throughout my life I have had what I always called night terrors. Apparently many people have them and they are generally caused from stress. Mine are different than what they are normally described as though. Normally people don't remember night terrors or even wake up or get up. With me I think I am awake. I think I am 100% awake, but I see things. Sometimes they are really ridiculous things that shouldn't be scary and other times they are terrifying things. I used to go running through the house screaming. It takes me a little while to wake up fully and I am generally very shaken by them. My friend and his family always thought my room had demons in it that were messing with me. What do you all think? Also is it possible that I may have put up energy blocks subconsciously from these traumatic experiences? Even though I have been practicing Tai Chi and I can do Reiki I still have trouble feeling energy of any sort. I really want to be able to experience what other people call Nature Spirits and Fairies and such. So I guess any thoughts about all of this?
Sounds like you are suffering from chronic sleep paralysis. I suggest you go see a doctor about that and see if there is maybe a sleep clinic near you that can help you.

Concerning your energy problem, there are a ton of different methods available to try but I suggest you try my tutorials I have up in The Science of Energy. I have not heard of one person who couldn't feel energy after working through my tutorials. If you have any questions you can always ask me.
Cran'Thun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-10   #5
Herr Heinrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cran'Thun View Post
Sounds like you are suffering from chronic sleep paralysis. I suggest you go see a doctor about that and see if there is maybe a sleep clinic near you that can help you.

Concerning your energy problem, there are a ton of different methods available to try but I suggest you try my tutorials I have up in The Science of Energy. I have not heard of one person who couldn't feel energy after working through my tutorials. If you have any questions you can always ask me.
I am confused how it is paralysis. If you read my post again I state that I run around the house screaming sometimes. I will look at your tutorials though.
Old 09-01-10   #6
Rapture

The mind and the body can work in strange ways.

I don't know if this page might shed some light

http://www.nightterrors.org/mot.htm

Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10   #7
Feyhu
The Wanderer

My night terrors went away after I hit 14...

maybe you grew out of them?
Feyhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10   #8
Nacken

I remember reading up on night terrors as my son used to have them when he was small. Night terrors are not uncommon and as Feyhu suggests, you do generally grow out of them in adolescence.

I used to do energy work on my boy when he had them. I didn't see it as an energy blockage, rather his energy was too 'hot.' You might say that it was an imbalanced rather than blocked. Generally I pulled his energy down towards his feet. But I don't have wide experience with night terrors, just my boy. I can't say that it has any general cause in terms of energy.
Nacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10   #9
The Black Elf

I tell my kids to shotgun all zombies,get a big piece of wood through a vampyres heart once you have kicked it's butt,silver bullets for werewolves unless you want a pet.

& get the chibs out to get up close & personal with anything else.

When Ross met a smelly half man/half mole which jumped on his back,I gave him Neitzche which helped.

If you are drowning or can't breathe in a dream,the FACT is that you don't have too as you are in regular human form & are thus not incumbent with the usual life support hassles,ie you don't have regular lungs,you have some other system.

Gregor used to *spar* with the biggest godam alien I have ever seen :0

& if a serpent bites your tongue or gets lodged in your throat,BITE IT'S HEAD OFF & SPIT IT AS FAR AS YOU CAN!

All thought is movement.
The Black Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10   #10
Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacken View Post
I remember reading up on night terrors as my son used to have them when he was small. Night terrors are not uncommon and as Feyhu suggests, you do generally grow out of them in adolescence.

I used to do energy work on my boy when he had them. I didn't see it as an energy blockage, rather his energy was too 'hot.' You might say that it was an imbalanced rather than blocked. Generally I pulled his energy down towards his feet. But I don't have wide experience with night terrors, just my boy. I can't say that it has any general cause in terms of energy.
I agree that night terrors are more likely a result of an energy imbalance, or perhaps a chemical imbalance. My granddaughter had them and we thought they would never end, but hers stopped when she was 8 I think. She never got up and walked around, but she was impossible to waken or to comfort and she would flail around and lash out a lot.

Taking a nice walk after dinner/before bed might help to burn off the excess energy and promote better sleep.
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote