Go Back   EarthSong Forums > The Arts > Film and Theatre

Film and Theatre For discussion on film of all genres, theatre, all performing arts.

Old 02-20-19   #11
feranaja

Default Re: Two new series and my endless quest for recommendations

I think Bellamy was my favorite too, although I stopped after Season3...mostly due to the move. I may have to order 4 now!

Just started Shelalnd last night, as you know SS I'm an Acorn tv/BBc fan and this already has me hooked. Vera is up next. IS it true there will be an LotR series coming soon? I have constant yearning for more Tolkien.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-19   #12
DrumWolf
Dark Green Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
Just started Shelalnd last night, as you know SS I'm an Acorn tv/BBc fan and this already has me hooked. Vera is up next.
Shetland (I'm assuming that's what you meant!) is great. A new series started here last week. Love the theme tune. The books by Ann Cleeves are also worth reading.

Vera has become big here, probably due to the sheer normalness of it.

Having finished all my 'Vikings' DVDs, I'm now bingeing on 'Sons of Anarchy' box sets - bikers, mindless violence and over-the-top testosterone-driven nonsense. But it's great!
DrumWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-19   #13
feranaja

LOL, yes I did mean Shetland - so soooo tired these days, I am trying to schedule a March break not to finish projects or blog or ANYTHING work-related, but just rest.

I had a thread on my Timeline (FB) where I asked about series and Vera came up over and over, so I'm trying it out. I can handle violent stuff, but it's nice to have a balance too - so far I am loving Shetland but always sad the British series are so short, I burn through them in a week or so.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-19   #14
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
I think Bellamy was my favorite too, although I stopped after Season3...mostly due to the move. I may have to order 4 now!

Always happy to hear more Bellamy-love! S4 is definitely worth it too, I'm all caught up on it and waiting for the new season as we speak.. My parents actually watch it with me! It's one of our TV hours alongside shows like Stranger Things, The Wire, etc. We just finished Sons of Anarchy, too, which we really enjoyed.

Quote:
Just started Shelalnd last night, as you know SS I'm an Acorn tv/BBc fan and this already has me hooked. Vera is up next. IS it true there will be an LotR series coming soon? I have constant yearning for more Tolkien.

Shetland and Vera are things I've heard good stuff about but haven't seen. BBC productions are usually quality, so I don't doubt it for a second! And, yes, I heard something about a LotR series being made by Amazon but I don't think they're in the full production process yet? Netflix also announced that they have acquired the rights to create a Narnia series (which I'm thrilled about!) and there are a whole host of fantasy series that may see development in future. Right now, though, I'd say the number one thing I'm most looking forward to series-wise is the grand finale of Game of Thrones.
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote