Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Methodology

Methodology This forum is for sharing and discussion of all magical methods and techniques, from basic to advanced. Discussion is not confined to any one path or philosophy but welcomes all takes on the topic.

Old 03-01-13   #1
Windsmith bat Gaia
Reclaiming Tradition

Default Adjusting to changed routine.

So, you guyyyyys, I have a carpool buddy! This is awesome. Well, OK, the person himself I could take or leave, but not having to drive to work on my lonesome makes me feel so good!

Challenge being: I hadn't realized how much of my daily spiritual practice took place on my commute until someone else was in the car with me and I could no longer do part of it. I mean, yeah, I still do a lot of it, silently in my head, but as some of you know, singing is a huge part of my practice, and no longer being able to sing to the Mississippi when I drive over it, or to the Sun when I start heading East in the morning...that's rough.

Who else here has had to deal with a profound change of circumstances that interfered with their daily practice? Thoughts on how to adjust? I'll be carpooling with this gent 'til at least mid-May, so I definitely need to sort this out.
Windsmith bat Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13   #2
inkdreamer
Queen of Hearts

Default Re: Adjusting to changed routine.

You could record the songs you sing and play them when you normally would, wearing headphones of course. Or you could sing to them before you leave the house.
inkdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-13   #3
Fabienne S. Morgana
Thread Necromancer

Hey - WBG - how is this going for you?

I have been considering how much a change of routine throws me - as my whole fortnight has been upside down, and it has really impacted on my practice...

FPSM - inspired by Donald L. Engstrom-Reece

Business page on the ubiquitous Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FabienneS.Morgana

Twitter: https://twitter.com/FabienneMorgana
Fabienne S. Morgana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13   #4
Windsmith bat Gaia
Reclaiming Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabienne S. Morgana View Post
Hey - WBG - how is this going for you?

I have been considering how much a change of routine throws me - as my whole fortnight has been upside down, and it has really impacted on my practice...
Hey, FSM. It's...all flustery. I've restarted singing to the river when we cross it--under my breath. Not quite as satisfying, but better than nothing, I s'pose. But I hadn't realized how much I cherish the "me-time" driving solo provided. I know I'm doing a better thing for the environment by carpooling--maybe I need to adjust my drive-time practices to acknowledge that this is a spiritual act, even if it's not the ones I used to do.
Windsmith bat Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-13   #5
Fabienne S. Morgana
Thread Necromancer

*nods*

Solo driving to and from work for me is incredibly important.

It allows to focus for the shift to come, and to de-stress on the way home - even though I live only 10km from work... It's vital for me.

I have about a month left on shift, and then I have a six month secondment that means I will be working days, predominantly Mon - Fri; so I am anticipating that to have quite an impact.

I was explaining to Beloved that I want to spend the next month whilst I still have days off mid week making sure I get as much done as I can of the things one needs to do during the week, and catch up with friends who are available during the week...

But I am aware it is going to be a complete shift in routine, and I am trying to look at it positively .. shorter days and no shift work will hopefully allow me to re-establish some daily practices that I have neglected...

Will let you know how I go!

FPSM - inspired by Donald L. Engstrom-Reece

Business page on the ubiquitous Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FabienneS.Morgana

Twitter: https://twitter.com/FabienneMorgana
Fabienne S. Morgana is offline   Reply With Quote