Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Witchcraft > Practical Magic

Practical Magic A forum for sharing techniques of practical magic

Old 05-20-13   #1
Bartmanhomer

Default Peforming Spells

How do you perform black magic and white magic spells?
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-13   #2
Cassie
Lady of the Left

Default Re: Peforming Spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
How do you perform black magic and white magic spells?
Carefully.

It takes a lot of study Bartman, from books and from people who know. And then it takes a lot of practice and dedication.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-13   #3
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Just me but I would do no action differently for a black magic purpose spell than I would do for a white magic purpose spell or even a grey magic purpose spell. Regardless of the intent of the spell the creation, formatting and spinning of the words, components or forces called upon would be the same. Even the state of mind and degree of focus needed to accomplish it would be the same for me.

As for actual components that would very depending upon the purpose and forces or energies i'd call upon to make it happen. If I call upon the gods / goddesses for instance the offerings and libations i'd make to Artemis would be different than what i'd make to Hecate, Bast, Pahket, Mafdet or Diana for similar desires. Yet the dedication, purpose, focus and construction would be the same for all of them.
MonSno_LeeDra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-13   #4
sonku

Black magic spells involves the use of dark magic search as the use of spirits or demons, the content of the spell and how you draw energy in the spell is the one that differentiate black magic from white magic.
White magic usually involves the use of positive energies intended not to manipulate anyone against own will but cast positive course.
Old 11-28-13   #5
Katharine
Priestess of the Unseen

Like MonSno says, the actual formula for ritual between white and black may not necessarily vary.

For some people, emotion is key however. Obviously, for any spell you have to really, really want it. Most people find therefore that an effective curse requires feeling genuine hatred toward the target. I don't really do it that way, but that's just me. I am simply determined for success in everything I do, and I fuel the spell with the negativity of the target.

However, the deeper you delve into the dark arts, the more you need to develop a different set of skills and knowledge from a white lighter. I for instance know the form and function of the denizens of various realms of the dead, I've developed a talent for bargaining with demons, I find it necessary to mediate my familiars more carefully than someone who sticks to angels and elementals, because some of them eat people if I don't see to them properly. A couple of friends of mine have left my home with visible bite marks.

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."
-Oscar Wilde

"Why, sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast." -Lewis Carroll

Voice In The Dark Blog
Katharine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14   #6
sonku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katharine View Post
Like MonSno says, the actual formula for ritual between white and black may not necessarily vary.

For some people, emotion is key however. Obviously, for any spell you have to really, really want it. Most people find therefore that an effective curse requires feeling genuine hatred toward the target. I don't really do it that way, but that's just me. I am simply determined for success in everything I do, and I fuel the spell with the negativity of the target.

However, the deeper you delve into the dark arts, the more you need to develop a different set of skills and knowledge from a white lighter. I for instance know the form and function of the denizens of various realms of the dead, I've developed a talent for bargaining with demons, I find it necessary to mediate my familiars more carefully than someone who sticks to angels and elementals, because some of them eat people if I don't see to them properly. A couple of friends of mine have left my home with visible bite marks.
You chose to negotiate with demons, which works for you but I think most of your friends will be concerned and soon you maybe left without single friend because of the bits!! don't you think so?