Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Shamanism

Shamanism For exploration of the techniques and insights of various forms of shamanism

Old 06-16-11   #11
petrus4
Leaper

Default Re: Spirit Spouse a different take on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
I tend to think she has claimed him as a child more-so than a spouse. I do agree that he is claimed.
I absolutely agree, developmentally speaking. The only reason why I don't think of Ma in purely maternal terms, is because there has been a sexual element at times. Mothers don't generally have sex with their children...at least, not in polite society.

Another thing which I think needs a point of clarification, and which gets confusing in my own case, is the actual identity of the spirit involved. MonSno receives communication from her, appearing as and identifying as Kali, as have I, at times. Adamantea on the other hand has informed me that she believes that the spirit is actually a member of an alien species, (Sirian, specifically) and following this line of thinking, there has at times been a small amount of interesting mental imagery, which has implied that we may have been romantic/marital partners at an earlier time reincarnationally speaking, on one of the planets associated with Sirius.

So there is both a Saturnine (more conventional, where the spirit is identified as a Goddess) and a Uranian (New Age) interpretation of the scenario. Truthfully, I tend to prefer the Saturnine interpretation, (that it actually is, or at least a representative of, Kali Ma) but as Adamantea has mentioned, that theory has a problem in the sense that Kali is of course depicted as already having a partner, Lord Shiva. I mention this, because personally I don't really associate sex (even if only visualisational/astral) with religious worship as such, as truthfully I tend to view that as being a little more detached.

I'm inclined to believe that the reality is probably somewhere between the two; that the spirit is someone who is dear to me from some point in the past that I cannot consciously recall, but that at the same time, she finds Kali's iconography and thematic elements useful, and so therefore chooses to identify with them at times in communication with me. It is also likely that she does genuinely serve as a representative of the actual Goddess, as well. The Goetia mentions the 72 Chief Spirits generally having anywhere between 30-70 legions of servants. After the first time I offered some of my blood to Kali, there was some mental imagery of around a dozen Indian women filing into my bedroom, (and actually coming in through the back wall) and surrounding my bed.

Last edited by petrus4; 06-16-11 at 04:45 PM.
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11   #12
HRH
Just me

I'm coming rather late to the party here, but this thread is similar to another discussion I've had recently. I don't know you, Petrus4, or your path, but the behavior of gods often wouldn't fit into polite society. So, just because there is a sexual element doesn't mean there could not also be a maternal element.

I would compare it to a May/December romance, multiplied by a million. One partner is older and wiser, therefore naturally taking on a guiding, maternalistic role, but attraction and sexuality are also major elements of the relationship. It is not what most of society are familiar with, but that doesn't make the relationship any less valuable.

I may be wrong, but that occurred to me as I read the posts here. It doesn't have to be either/or, as it could be "all of the above."
HRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11   #13
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrus4 View Post
.. Another thing which I think needs a point of clarification, and which gets confusing in my own case, is the actual identity of the spirit involved. MonSno receives communication from her, appearing as and identifying as Kali, as have I, at times. Adamantea on the other hand has informed me that she believes that the spirit is actually a member of an alien species, (Sirian, specifically) and following this line of thinking, there has at times been a small amount of interesting mental imagery, which has implied that we may have been romantic/marital partners at an earlier time reincarnationally speaking, on one of the planets associated with Sirius.
Now that presents an intersting quandry for me. Since she always appears as Kali or Durga to me and Hekate allows it then it begets the idea that if you think it some alien species then it somewhat implies that Hekate must be in the same light or foolable. Of that I can not accept makes me think to much of Heaven's Gate, the movie ALIENS VS PREDITORS, the notion of Greys you've hung onto at times or even that guy who promotes the notion were all going to be food for some reptilian species.

Quote:
So there is both a Saturnine (more conventional, where the spirit is identified as a Goddess) and a Uranian (New Age) interpretation of the scenario. Truthfully, I tend to prefer the Saturnine interpretation, (that it actually is, or at least a representative of, Kali Ma) but as Adamantea has mentioned, that theory has a problem in the sense that Kali is of course depicted as already having a partner, Lord Shiva. I mention this, because personally I don't really associate sex (even if only visualisational/astral) with religious worship as such, as truthfully I tend to view that as being a little more detached.
I tend to dispute that as well. I have friends that I love dearly and hold as close to me that they would be seen as partners and potential lovers. Yet it doesn't change the various definations of Love nor the variations of "Love" that are portrayed in many ancient texts via saga, edda, etc.
Old 06-16-11   #14
DonnaL

I find this discussion interesting, and this is something that I have thought about myself during the past few years. I have yet to draw a conclusion however.

Even the wise cannot see all ends.....JRR Tolkien

All I wanna do is be friends with you--Bob Dylan
DonnaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-14   #15
Fethenwen

Old thread I know. But I just searched for the word succubus and found this interesting discussion that I now have something to add too.

I just talked about things supernatural with a friend, he comes from a totally different culture where they still believe in witches and ghosts and what not. Pretty spooky things have happened during his lifetime.
But this story that he told me was definitely one of these: wth did I just hear? - kind of stories.

Cutting a long story short:
He payed a "witch" 100 bucks so that she would send him a succubus. Yeah I know...
Anyway, he was thoroughly interviewed about all kinds of things and what he likes and all that stuff. After a few days of preparation the "witch" as he called her, did a ritual and informed him that he should at that exact time be ready to receive the succubus. He also got instructions on how to prepare himself for her. Well, when it was midnight at that certain time while he stood alone waiting for her, he started to feel sudden drowsiness and then he felt a presence, and hands touching like someone was playing with his parts. He got so freaking scared that he woke up from the drowsiness, turned on the lights and slept with the lights on that whole night.

He is still a little freaked out about it, and he worries that perhaps the succubus cursed him or something because of his behavior.

Just thought I'd share, I don't know what to think about it, other than that he was really stupid to pay for something like that. The way he told about the ritual and preparation sounded kinda genuine though, not like your usual money gimmick. Heck, I don't know, any thoughts about this?
Fethenwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-14   #16
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

To many unknowns for me. The social, cultural and personal beliefs are hard issues to define and discuss, especially so when you do not know the context they are believed in.

Consider it could be a succubus that was summoned and called to him. It equally could be a construct of his own mind and shadow-self expectations that have manifested. Figure the shadow is well aware of ones inner most fantasies even when the awakened person is not. Especially so if he believes in the event to the point where he paid to experience it.

Cursed? I highly doubt that though she simply was giving him what he asked for. Customer satisfaction after all.
Old 08-27-14   #17
Fethenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
To many unknowns for me. The social, cultural and personal beliefs are hard issues to define and discuss, especially so when you do not know the context they are believed in.

Consider it could be a succubus that was summoned and called to him. It equally could be a construct of his own mind and shadow-self expectations that have manifested. Figure the shadow is well aware of ones inner most fantasies even when the awakened person is not. Especially so if he believes in the event to the point where he paid to experience it.

Cursed? I highly doubt that though she simply was giving him what he asked for. Customer satisfaction after all.
Yes, I was thinking that also. That it might just be his own self-expectations that manifested. He believes strongly in this stuff.
Fethenwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-19   #18
LoveandLight1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
Come on now, surely more than myself and Adamaneta are the only ones who have idea's about this concept! Even if it only discusses the notion of Incubus & Sucubus in the restricted Christian sense of thier identity. Though I would really prefer to discuss the wider sense of the "Spirit _____" that serves as an aide, guide or lover upon the astral and assists in ones workings.
Hi there...funny enough I came across this forum because of your post. I was brought up in a christian family and in my adult life became a member of a "charismatic" church. I was prophesied upon at the church during one service that I had a "spiritual husband". I believed it at first and assumed that deliverance would help me because I had had a difficult and not so easy time all my life. But the thing is from all the research I had done throughout the years I assumed I had the incubus spirit but have never had sex in my dreams which is typically how you know you have one. Then over the years I came to meet my partner and discovered there were strange occurrences in my life after I met him, such as ringing in the ears, strange dreams and we have this weird but wonderful connection. I later researched on the concept of "Twin Flames" and figured this is what was happening. But my point is after reading your comment I have reason to believe that he was my spirit spouse all along. I'd like to know what's your take on any of this. I never really discuss such things with anyone and I just wanted an open-minded viewpoint on things. Funny enough I also came across Shamanism in this forum and I was curious, only to find I may have a Shaman calling. I pretty much ticked all the boxes on that one. Every symptom you could think of I have had. I've been led astray many times but I trust most of the answers are within. I'm both fearful and intrigued. What am I meant to do with all this and where do I start?
LoveandLight1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-19   #19
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Hello LoveandLight1111,

First off let me clarify that the idea of Spirit Spouse's and Shamanism are not mutually inclusive. While it is often seen within Shamanic practice's it is not entirely unique to Shamanic type practices.

The other thing is there are many aspects to a Shamanic calling. Because of that it becomes difficult to advise of what it means to be called to a Shamanic Pathway. Part of the issue is that for many it falls under the notion that many are called, many are tested, few are chosen and even fewer are actually claimed. But that doesn't mean that those who are "Touched" do not have purposes or functions where ever they maybe found along their walk.

Part of Shamanism is knowing which path your walking. Unfortunately most automatically think that means being a healer. That's the aspect that get's played up the most and is seen the most in the new age movement and on most forums. Yet realistically the Shaman in a community could be the one who worked with the warrior caste and was concerned with war and survival. They could be the ones concerned with planting and harvesting. They could be the ones dealing with the dead and transition into the spirit world or the restless dead. They could be the ones who dealt with all aspect of the communities health. They could be the ones who were aligned with the religious component of the community but read the spirit world and such. That or any combination of categories where similarities crossed over. For instance Healers but strictly associated with the warrior groupings and went to war.

The other thing is the Shamanic practitioner is a world walker. They tend to travel in all worlds that the spirit realms touch upon. That means the celestial worlds, the Underworld and the physical world (land of the living). Yet while they may travel to all of them that doesn't mean they spend all their time in all of them. Realistically the practitioner might spend more time in one above the others. Even in the physical world there is more than just the physical world about you. There are lots of "Spirit" elements present.