Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Rune Magic

Old 10-13-09   #1
Daedralord

Default A runic middle pillar/chakra stimulation excercise.

There are numerous ways with which you can associate chakras with runes. Though I find myself in agreement most with the attribution Kveldulf Gunderson gives in his book Teutonic Magic.

As a side note I have found the Middle Pillar of the Golden Dawn an invaluable practice. Not only in raising energy but also in helping development and spirtual growth. Helping to tap into one's abilities. The Middle Pillar is really also suited to so many numerous magical causes. So I do find a technique to fit into rune magic invaluable. Though Kveldulf's rite of wheels include all seven chakras and not the five centres of the Golden Dawn or the six of the Aurum Solis.

You associate each centre with a rune and through vibration of the runic names or galdr and visualization of the centre you can stimulate the chakra to activity. Like the MP the Rite of Wheels moves from above to below drawing down divine might. An additional benefit of using rune energy in a chakra is that the rune's magical meaning is also unleashed.

Crown - Elhaz, the connection to the divine and divine protection. Communication between man and the divine.

Brow - Mannaz. The powers in man both hidden and known, the gifts of the gods. The Hugrune of mind power.

Throat - Ansuz. The Divine voice. The magic of the word. I like this one, since stimulating the throat chakra with the rune could give one a true "magical voice". One can speak with a divine voice or even a voice that can charm and hynotize.

Heart - Wunjo. Centre of harmony and balance. At peace with the world and at joy.

Solar Plexus - Jera. Cycles, seasons, winter and summer, fitting for the digestive system and stomach.

Groin/ Sacral Plexus - Laguz. For the elimination of fluids but also for sexuality, feelings, emotions the power of water.

Root(though as in the middle pillar given as beneath the soles of the feet) - Berkano. The Earth Mother. A rune of growth and connection to the mysteries of earth. Of fertility and fruitfulness.

Finally, to begin the ritual stand or lie down as you would prepare for the Middle Pillar. Vibrate the sound of Sowillo and the rune name sssss-soh-willow. See the rune in each centre spinning like a wheel. Edred Thorsson gives one of the magical properties of Sowillo as "strengthening the wheels of the body".

Finally, beginning at the crown and Elhaz. All the runes are bright red upon the wheel colour this wheel is pure white with some specks of rainbow colours flowing out. Vibrate Elhaz several times until you feel that slight physical vibration. Around four chants do it for me. See the wheel spinning faster and faster and strenghten with each chant.

Bring a shaft of light to the centre of the forehead. Vibrate Mannaz upon a violet or Indigo wheel.

Bring the shaft to the throat. Vibrate Ansuz upon a blue wheel.

Bring the shaft to the heart. Vibrate Wunjo upon a wheel of gold.

Bring the shaft to the solar plexus. Vibrate Jera upon a wheel of red orange.

Bring the shaft to the Sacral chakra vibrate Laguz upon a wheel of blue-green.

Bring the shaft down to the feet vibrate Berkano upon a wheel of darkest green, brown and almost black.

Be aware of all the spinning wheels. Now a sphere around you glow dark at the bottom areas to the groin. Red-gold at the centre and pure white around the upper areas around the head. This forms a shield of protection and might. You can quickly circulate the light. Though there is another method for this I will also share a little later. You will feel quite empowered and your whole body will be buzzing. Similar to the Middle Pillar and yet different.
Old 10-14-09   #2
Daedralord

Default Re: A runic middle pillar/chakra stimulation excercise.

Ok next part. AFter establishing the centres. Chant Sowillo again and the galdar sound. Strenghten the centre at Berkano. In red gold light while chanting Eihwaz draw up power. Use Sowillo to strenghten next centre and draw up power via. Eihwaz. Continue until reaching the crown. Move down in the same fashion. See a burst of red-gold might surrounding one. Stand with arms in the Elhaz stance and legs spread apart. (The version of Elhaz with roots above and below) and say Asgard, Midgard, Hel. Becoming the very central force.
Old 10-15-09   #3
grog

i'll have to try it tommorow, can't vibrate words now because i'll draw... unwanted attention. though i'm not sure how it'll work for me since i was never too much into chakras ( i always saw assigning energy centers to the body as pretty arbitrary).
grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-09   #4
Eretik

I'm the same as grog when it comes to Chakras,but I do sing Galdr and vibrate the energies through my body,I use movement and dancing around to get the energy flow going on.I stretch and bend and twist.[it probably dosen't look pretty,lol, but it works.]
I'd like to give it a go soon too.
Old 10-18-09   #5
grog

i treid it, and i felt root chakra and third eye most powerfully (like bumps in my body), crown and plexus a bit less, and i couldn't feel naval and heart chakra at all.
but then again, i don't really work with chakras, and i suspected for a long time that my heart chakra wouldn't work (i don't really want to explain it, it's a private thing).
anyway sorry my reply isn't of much use, i hope someone more versed in chakras would test this.
grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-09   #6
Daedralord

You don't necessarilly need to feel all of them. The act of visualizing and stimulating them with the movement, colours and rune should still help stimulate it to a degree even if you don't feel it. That could indicate to you (if you were interested) where to do a bit more work on to get the energy flowing. Since supposedly such blockages eventually manifest in problems for the physical body.
Old 10-29-09   #7
Daedralord

Actually thought of an idea similar to how the Middle Pillar can be used to charge talismans. I am going to use this ritual. Then change the auric colour to match the rune colour. The different colours are not "traditional" though comparing them from various sources and looking at the characteristics of runes I think it still may have some practical validity. Usually the runes are said to have had one colour - red. Though other colours may have been used on stone. Many of the modern colour assignments are modern interpretations. I have also found that Pennick and Thorsson actually correspond very closely with colour assignments. The idea is to do a Middle Pillar rite such as the above. Vibrate the rune name while changing the aura to its appropriate colour and finally putting the rune energy into a talisman to charge it.
Old 10-29-09   #8
Daedralord

Did I quick attempt at the above to charge a rune talisman. It worked good it seemed but my ritual could stand refinement. I did combine some traditional talismanic ritual elements into the rite, including the talisman placed in a "womb" of darkness, nine circumambulations and finally the birth with sprinkling with water and passed through fire. Also sang traced the runes and called upon them to aid me in the consecration. I will develop a nice ritual for this.