Go Back   EarthSong Forums > The Arts > Creative Writing

Creative Writing For the wordsmiths on here - critique members' work, discuss publishing and authors, share writing tips and more...

Old 04-15-11   #21
TheThing
Philanthropic Misanthrope

Default Re: A fetish story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrus4 View Post
Bartman, please do not troll.

You've made 3-4 different threads in the last hour or so, and the common theme behind all of them, is their potential to be offensive or cause controversy.

I am also going to request that the staff of the forum do not immediately remove this thread, as a result of my drawing attention to Bartman's trolling attempts. I feel that the time has come for this behaviour to be publically recognised and dealt with.
If you (or anyone else) have a problem with a post or a thread, then you should take the appropriate action and report it to a mod or admin.

It's not appropriate to publicly call another member a troll, or their behaviour trolling.

Again if you have a problem with another member, or their behaviour...then take the appropriate action and report in to a mod or admin.

And this
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrus4 View Post
I feel that the time has come for this behaviour to be publically recognised and dealt with.
is also inappropriate to state publicly.

"I am an insane lunatic, and you will all do my bidding." - feranaja, pretending to be me.

When I'm posting in a moderate fashion I'll be Red in the face.
TheThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11   #22
Vindictus
Serpent King

Default Re: A fetish story?

As far as a 'Fetish' story goes, I'll start off by repeating again 'What do you mean by fetish'? As has been mentioned, there are multiple definitions of the word.

And now for the second point- How do you plan on making this into a story? If the fetish is a spiritual icon, what place does it have in the story? Does it grant the Hero special powers? Or is it the focus of an evil cult? Or if you're talking about sexual fetishes, which I think you probably are, that makes it easier to place it in the story, but harder to do it well. Unless, of course, the entire point of the story is to have a peice of smut. A GOOD fetish story should have the fetish as subtext, so that people who are into the fetish see it and squee with glee, but people who aren't into the fetish won't mind so much. A good rule of thumb is to have two pre-readers- One that's into whatever fetish you're writing, and one that's not- so you can make sure it's subtle. Of course, all of that goes right out the window if you're making smut, or if you're posting on a fetish site where the only readers are those with the fetish.

A word of advice- If you're planning on writing a smut story, post it in an adult forum. Because doing otherwise would probably make the mods angry.

Has a Workout Blog now.
Vindictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11   #23
Bartmanhomer

Default Ideas And Suggestion For A Story Of Barbarians

I need to write a story of a family of Barbarians (It's involved a father, a mother, a son and a daughter.) Any ideas and suggestions?
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11   #24
Vindictus
Serpent King

Default Re: Ideas And Suggestion For A Story Of Barbarians

Well, to begin with, what do you mean by 'Barbarian'? A loosely organized primitive tribe? A group of savage berserkers? People from the country of Barbar?

Has a Workout Blog now.
Vindictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11   #25
Bartmanhomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindictus View Post
Well, to begin with, what do you mean by 'Barbarian'? A loosely organized primitive tribe? A group of savage berserkers? People from the country of Barbar?
all of them. To put it simply a group of savage berserkers who's blood related.
Old 04-17-11   #26
PrincessKLS

Research the history of the real barbarians and draw inspiration for your story from that.
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11   #27
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

BartmanHomer,

I'd say first you'd have to decide what your barbarians are. To the Romans a barbarian was anyone of the Germanic tribes. To later Germanic peoples Barbarians were the invading Asian peoples like Ghengis Khan. To the Japanesse a barbarian was the white skinned people called the enu of Northern Japan. Heck the very term Shogun means Barbarian quelling general. To other more mediterian peoples barbarians were nothing more than less educated people, thus anyone north of the Alps was seen as a barbarian. Barbarians to the Chinesse were the horse peoples of the steppes initially then later the unenlightened peoples outside the Chinesse sphere of influence. To early Egyptians the barbarians were from the Upper Nile region and deeper africa.

BY knowning when, where and who you can figure out the slant to take on which variety of barbarian one will encouter and deal with. Think about it when Hanibal crossed the alps to invade Italy he and his army of Carthegenians (sp) were barbarians.
Old 04-18-11   #28
The Black Elf

My speciality.

You get Arabian Berbers(means unclean or savage)

Then you get greek varvars- at one time greeks are synonimous with arabs.

Greek varvar refers to everyone without the benefit of a classic greek education.Which is basically the entire Celtic league of nations.

Yet it was the Barbar tongue which named the Greeks Greek,such is the paradox. so naming them after the stone which the greek aboriginals traded,Marble.

Got loads of stuff on the travelling language of the Barbarian Abroad. the language of trade & commerce.this includes mercenaries.

Paradox is your greatest friend in VOID!(echo,echo,echo,echo)TeamPull of mirrors)

When things No Longer seem contrar',discoveringis of t'other ar'!John Barbour(14thc)

With a strong will,patience & hard work,anything can be acheived - Liudmila(Babulja)R.I.P.(10/2/11)Temple of The Star.

That which has never been lost cannot be hidden
The Black Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11   #29
Bartmanhomer

What about the North American barbarians?
Old 04-18-11   #30
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
What about the North American barbarians?
That is actually sort of an interesting tidbit. The Sioux called themselves human and were the only group to do so to my knowledge. As such one might imply that to them anyone not of the Sioux nation were in fact non-human and thus barbarians.

But as to the actual term "Barbarian" I am unaware of any nation or Clan that actually utilized that word. One would have to do a search for similiar words and similiar meanings to discover just what the word used might have been though it probally differed from Clan & Nation.