Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Rune Magic

Old 10-22-12   #1
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Question Constantly pulling the same runes, especially wyrd... ???

Lately I've noticed I seem to keep pulling the same runes - they're all positive love runes and seem to make sense in relation to my questions, however, it's getting to be a little redundant. I've made sure they're fully mixed up and whether I grab out of the bag or tumble a few out, it's almost always (right side up) gifu, fehu, uruz, isa, ing and wyrd. Perhpas I'm asking too many similar questions and not enough time has passed for a new spread to show up? I know that happens with the tarot, which I'm a bit more comfortable with as this is the first set of runes I've owned or ever even used. Any ideas? Also, in a positive love reading, what would the reoccurring presence of wyrd indicate? My questions have basically been along the lines of, "What can I expect in the near future for my fiance and I?" Any two cents would be appreciated

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
Hibiscus Moon Crystal Academy Website Alumni Page
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©
CrystalHealingCare@outlook.com
www.CrystalHealingCare.com

Facebook:Facebook.com/CrystalHealingCare
Twitter:Twitter.com/CrystalHCareCCH
Instagram: Instagram.com/CrystalHealingCare
LadyOfTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-12   #2
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Default Re: Constantly pulling the same runes, especially word... ???

Noticed I spelled wyrd as word in my headline even though it's pronounced "weird." Silly me, or rather, just very tired...

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 10-22-12   #3
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

How much time are you leaving inbetween the questions?
If your questions are all similar and your answers remain the same throughout, then why ask and ask again? Don't you trust what they've told you? What aren't you getting from the message that you feel you should?

I honestly feel like I'm being prodded to ask you why on earth you're not listening to their countless replies. The answers won't change until you change or something else changes. Of course they're going to be redundant replies if the situation's the same as it was before. You've been given your answer -- now listen and work.

Wyrd is the unknown factor. The part that's just.. left up to chance or to whatever road you're going down next. From the way I've always understood it, wyrd is known only to the gods and only signifies a significant change in someone's personal path/destiny. (It's rather like the Death card in tarot. )
SunSister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-12   #4
Lord Ruthven
Pater Exemptus

I'd say you are either asking the same questions and hoping for a different answer, not believing the answer or simply just too nervous and trying to reinforce what you're getting.

Whatever the case it strikes me that if you're getting the same runes, the same answer, then that's your answer. Perhaps the problem lies in interpretation since if you feel you need to do more readings again and again with the same answer coming up then you clearly don't think you're getting a clear message.

Ultimately, though, the best person to interpret the runes you drew about your life is you. So perhaps you should reflect on them more than try to do another reading that'll just produce the same bloody thing.

EDIT:
In fact, I'd try mixing magical techniques a bit. Why not take out the runes you keep getting, lay them out in front of you and meditate on them?

"For the meek shall inherit absolutely nothing at all, if you stopped being so feeble you could have so much more" - Pulp 'The Day After The Revolution'
Lord Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-12   #5
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

It's not that I'm asking the same questions again and again in a row. I wait about a week between readings, but I suppose, as you all are saying, the situation just hasn't changed significantly enough to provide any new information. I don't ask the same questions though - I usually just ask for more depth into such and such or this and that. I like everyone's ideas of just pulling out the ones that keep popping up and meditating on them. Today I asked a related question, but a totally different question and got lagaz, which, in my book refers to already knowing the answer on the inside, once again, coming around the circle back to the the responses from everyone. Thank you Sun Sister and Lord Ruthven for your input.

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 10-23-12   #6
DonelleBeira

Perhaps the runes are listening to the words of your heart and not those that come out of your mouth therefore, giving the same answer as the questions still remain the same in the depths of you?

"Remember these moments always, but do not ignore the sad times, either. Memory is the greatest of gifts."
Spoken by Aditu, a Sithi (an Elf)
from "To Green Angel Tower II"
by Tad Williams
DonelleBeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-12   #7
feranaja

I pulled Sowilo about 25 times over the summer. Finally, I got the message - set my goals more clearly and manageably - and it stopped.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-12   #8
TheThing
Philanthropic Misanthrope

Default Re: Constantly pulling the same runes, especially wyrd... ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOfTheTrees View Post
Noticed I spelled wyrd as word in my headline even though it's pronounced "weird." Silly me, or rather, just very tired...
I fixed your title LotT.

"I am an insane lunatic, and you will all do my bidding." - feranaja, pretending to be me.

When I'm posting in a moderate fashion I'll be Red in the face.
TheThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-12   #9
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Everything that the runes predicted for this week has come to pass... So I guess I just wasn't putting enough time from question to question. I'm going to try not to ask too many questions willy nilly because I think the runes, or the gods/esses who rule over them are trying to give me a message that the runes are so sacred that they're not just for everyday questions... At least, that's how I'm feeling on the inside. Having my runes not mixed up anymore though made a HUGE difference. The first set had been made with Freyja in mind, the second set with Odin in my mind and the third set I just ordered from the same artist is being made in mind of the Valkyries. So I think I was mixing some of the intentional energy that the artist put into them by mixing them all up.

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 10-26-12   #10
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

Oh, you can use them for everyday stuff. My experience is that they like the mundane as much as they like the very deep and outerworldly. I do recall a fair few eyerolls on their side whenever I got stuck in asking the same trivialities in different ways, lol. My feeling is that they want me to think carefully about what I ask to make sure I don't already know the answer.
SunSister is online now   Reply With Quote