Go Back   EarthSong Forums > General Occult > Paranormal

Paranormal For investigation of all paranormal phenomena, including but not limited to hauntings, crop circles, telepathy, UFOs and ESP

Old 02-22-13   #1
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Default The Cecil Hotelís Dark History - A Possible Haunting?

To whomever read my response to the new empath introducing herself on this board and read my experience with staying in the Cecil Hotel two weeks ago, get this... It turns out that the hotel I stayed in had a decomposing body in the water's roof storage tank! No wonder it smelled like decomposition in the shower... It's all over the news. Read this article: (or, read the copy and paste of it below) http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/local_n...els-water-tank

"
Posted: 02/21/2013
Last Updated: 2 hours and 2 minutes ago

• By: Alan Duke, CNN
LOS ANGELES -- Tourists staying at a Los Angeles hotel bathed, brushed teeth and drank water from a tank in which a young woman's body was likely decomposing for more than two weeks, police said.
Elisa Lam's corpse was found in the Cecil Hotel's rooftop water tank by a maintenance worker who was trying to figure out why the water pressure was low Tuesday.
Lam's parents reported her missing in early February. The last sighting of her was in the hotel on January 31, Los Angeles Police said.
Detectives are now investigating the 21-year-old Canadian's suspicious death, police Sgt. Rudy Lopez said.
It was not clear whether the water presented any health risks. Results on tests on the water done Wednesday by the Los Angeles Public Health Department were expected later in the day.
The hotel management has not responded to CNN requests for comment.
Video appears to show four cisterns on the hotel roof.
People who stayed at the Cecil since Lam's disappearance expressed shock about developments.
"The water did have a funny taste," Sabrina Baugh told CNN on Wednesday. She and her husband used the water for eight days.
"We never thought anything of it," the British woman said. "We thought it was just the way it was here."
What she described was not normal.
"The shower was awful," she said. "When you turned the tap on, the water was coming black first for two seconds and then it was going back to normal."
The hotel remained open after the discovery, but guests checking in Tuesday were told not to drink it, according to Qui Nguyen, who decided to find a new hotel Wednesday.
Nguyen said he learned about the body from a CNN reporter, not the hotel staff.

CNN's Kyung Lah and Irving Last contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/local_n...#ixzz2Lc0xlI8I"

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
Hibiscus Moon Crystal Academy Website Alumni Page
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©
CrystalHealingCare@outlook.com
www.CrystalHealingCare.com

Facebook:Facebook.com/CrystalHealingCare
Twitter:Twitter.com/CrystalHCareCCH
Instagram: Instagram.com/CrystalHealingCare
LadyOfTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13   #2
Leben
The Peanut Gallery

Default Re: It gets even worse!

I read about that and felt so sorry for anyone who drank or used that water ... of course, for Elisa Lam as well

So you were there? I didn't see the post you are talking about.

edit: yeah, I just went back and read your post -- that's crazy! So were you there during the time she would have been in the water? Remind me, never stay in that hotel ... in fact, remind me to never leave my house.

Last edited by Leben; 02-22-13 at 03:06 AM.
Leben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13   #3
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

I know, right?! It's just terrible. I feel very sad for Elisa Lam and her family, but I also feel relieved that it wasn't me that that happened to. I really hope they find the person who did that and put them to justice.

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 02-22-13   #4
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

That's awful. Poor girl. (Why did nobody say something about the water, though? You know that water shouldn't be black..)
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13   #5
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

People were reporting the issue with the water. The staff was negligent until Health and Human Resources came and forced them to start handing out bottled water. We all just figured the Hotel was as old as 1927, maybe that's just how the water comes out... (Since it would run clean after a few seconds) I mean, you just don't expect there's a dead girl in the water tank, you know?! Elisa checked in and disappeared on the 31st of January. I checked in February 2nd and there was a man that was very pushy about taking me out on the town to "show me around" - I declined since he was a stranger, and creepy, and it was 11pm at night. I'm calling the Los Angeles Police Department to describe the guy to them in case he had something to do with it. He was awfully pushy about trying to take me out for a drink as soon as I got there - I hadn't even gone up to my room yet or put my luggage away...

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 02-22-13   #6
PrincessKLS

OMG, first time hearing this, that makes me almost never want to travel to LA.
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-13   #7
David_2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOfTheTrees View Post
People were reporting the issue with the water. The staff was negligent until Health and Human Resources came and forced them to start handing out bottled water. We all just figured the Hotel was as old as 1927, maybe that's just how the water comes out... (Since it would run clean after a few seconds) I mean, you just don't expect there's a dead girl in the water tank, you know?! Elisa checked in and disappeared on the 31st of January. I checked in February 2nd and there was a man that was very pushy about taking me out on the town to "show me around" - I declined since he was a stranger, and creepy, and it was 11pm at night. I'm calling the Los Angeles Police Department to describe the guy to them in case he had something to do with it. He was awfully pushy about trying to take me out for a drink as soon as I got there - I hadn't even gone up to my room yet or put my luggage away...
The guy may have just been a creepy guy, but, you definitely had a lucky escape, who knows it could have been him (especially if the other girl only disappeared a couple days before you got there, the murderer may have stayed on for a few more days). Glad you stayed safe .

The poor girl who was killed, my heart goes to her family and friends.
David_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-13   #8
Leben
The Peanut Gallery

I hope you made a report, LotT, you never know what details could help an investigation.
Leben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13   #9
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Yes, I think it's the right thing to do

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 10-24-13   #10
TheThing
Philanthropic Misanthrope

Moved to the Paranormal Forum.

"I am an insane lunatic, and you will all do my bidding." - feranaja, pretending to be me.

When I'm posting in a moderate fashion I'll be Red in the face.
TheThing is offline   Reply With Quote