Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Witchcraft > Practical Magic

Practical Magic A forum for sharing techniques of practical magic

Old 05-14-13   #1
Bartmanhomer

Default How do you know when someone cast a spell on you

I have a question for everybody. How do you everyone know when someone cast a spell on you?
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-13   #2
feranaja

Default Re: How do you know when someone cast a spell on you

If she's very good at it, you never do.
90% of spells and curses operate from the mind of the one how is afraid and worried. But a more masterful approach means the one under the spell really does not know it. Are there specific things you are worried about?

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-13   #3
Leben
The Peanut Gallery

it's like when someone is talking about you behind your back and your ears start to itch -- except with magic, your sixth sense starts to itch. Then you must apply the appropriate ointment and rub vigorously.
Leben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-13   #4
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
I have a question for everybody. How do you everyone know when someone cast a spell on you?
That's a pretty iffy conclusion to reach in my opinion. Probably 90 - 95 percent of the time there is no actual spell cast only the self convincing that a person does to themselves in order to make themselves actually believe something was done.

Of the remaining 5 - 10 percent i'd say 5 - 7 percent may actually be half arsed attempts to cast a spell upon a person. Many times so poorly constructed that they leave a trail to themselves. Often in my opinion causing that pressing sense that a specific individual is talking about you causing your ears to burn or your hands to itch. At times even forming mental picture's of the person and a sense of them trying to contact you.

On a projection of spirit level they look like colored twine or strings that envelope your body or actually connect to your astral body. Not like the typical silver threads that connect people but colored and stained with the energy of the person who cast said spell. Simply touch the thread and you know right off who the caster is.

Of interest to me is the fact there is never a return link or exchange with those threads. It's all one way and many times attached to the back or blind sides of the astral form as those seem to be the least protected spots in most protections schemes.

Then you have the 0.1 - 3 percent that is an intentional focused and directed attack against you. Often extremely difficult to determine who the attacker is for they are usually experienced enough to hide their signature and energy. Even to the point of faking another's energy to misled or misdirect your attempts to counter it.

Ironically the more experienced and determined the person the greater likely hood that that there will be no direct connect to you but directed via another at you. That and I suppose the greater likely hood that a higher form of magical such as a servitor, egregore or entity will be the method used. Such usage hiding any visible or psychic indicators your being attacked. The positive side though is that very few experienced practitioners are going to waste such energy and focus to maintain such an attack much less actually initiate one.

For the most part I truly believe that if you think such an attack is occurring then the odds are none is occurring and your self creating the affects / effects of said attack. If you get overwhelming impressions of a person thinking about you or energy ribbons that remind you of them then it's probably an unfocused short term condition. Sort of like you cut someone off in traffic and they moan and bitch about you for a bit then turn their attention elsewhere. Yet you know they were focusing all their energy and curse words at you.

If it is the last one then you'll not know for some time and then usually due to mitigating occurrences or synchronicity like repetitive events that build in occurrence and intensity.
MonSno_LeeDra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-13   #5
PrincessKLS

Although I have suspected of someone doing it, I have proof. And it's not exactly bad, spells are basically prayers with props. I mean if someone casts a spell on you to feel better when you're sick, I wouldn't get offended by it.
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-13   #6
petrus4
Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
I don't know about spells as such, but I could always feel it when my father's ex-wife was watching me astrally. My ex-girlfriend even commented on it independently, the sense of it was that intense.

When I went to Nimbin, I could also feel it when my mother was drunkenly pining for me at night here in Victoria; more than anything else, that was what pulled me back down here. She just wouldn't stop doing it, and the sense of it was really strong.

Sometimes it really sucks to be sensitive; I'd prefer to be able to ignore other people's codependency.
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14   #7
sonku

The thing to my understanding is that, you can never know if someone has cast a spell of you unless when you have powers which tells you if anything of the kind happens. only people with extra powers can escape spells cast on them but without that you will never know trust me.
Old 02-25-14   #8
Brigidrose
Mermaid

I believe we all have special powers, maybe some are not up to the surface, but with proper training can be. I also believe you can detect that something is not right, using what we call intuition.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote