Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Dreamwork and Interpretation

Dreamwork and Interpretation All methods and systems of working with, learning from and interpreting our dreams

Old 07-26-13   #1
LarkWahya
Mystic Mouse

Default Constant Nightmares, going on a week

For nearly a week now ive just been having bad dreams, none of it is ever triggered by anything. Like you know how you can watch stuff and it kind of triggers weird dreams, non of these have been the case.

Tuesday it was a dream about living in a post apocolyptic zombie world, everything was normal there were even carnivals and stuff but zombies came through like swarms of locusts that are there then gone.

Last night it was about an alien invasion, they invaded a school, attacked children and older college aged students. At first it was just like they were trying to kill people, those attacked got insect bite like welts then high fevers and seizures, then "died." Later in the dream those that died came back to life fully healed, i figured out the alien dna in the wounds had combined with the human making them some sort of half breeds. And then i realized the aliens were trying to breed with humans to infultrate our society, at which point i woke myself up. And what was i looking at before bed last night? Pinterest more specifically pictures of mermaid and beach crafts, most of which were pictures of beach houses, all very light and whimsical. No aliens

I know these dont sound like theyre horrible nightmares, but to me they are. I dont sleep through the night, and waking myself up out of them doesnt help like it usually does, i just go back into the same dream but somewhere different. Im not getting good restful sleep, and its starting to affect my eating i either have a super appetite or non at all. Ive been agitated all day, and nearly cried this morning just because my mom wouldnt stop asking me stuff at breakfast. On top of that ive been practically lethargic at work, and dropped a shelf on my wrist today, pretty sure i busted a blood vessel in it. Im not sure how to make them stop, ive had periods like this before but never this long. maybe just talking will help

Do you think amethysts could be the souls of good violets? ~Anne of Green Gables
Green is the primary color of the world
LarkWahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-13   #2
petrus4
Leaper

Default Re: Constant Nightmares, going on a week

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkWahya View Post
I know these dont sound like theyre horrible nightmares, but to me they are. I dont sleep through the night, and waking myself up out of them doesnt help like it usually does, i just go back into the same dream but somewhere different.
(Emphasis mine)

You've got roamers, Wahya; as in, wandering spirits who are coming in and messing with you astrally. What indicated that to me, is the part of the above quote that I've boldened; I used to get sleep paralysis due to trying to wake up from a nightmare, and the spirit in question trying to drag me back in, so that it could continue tormenting me. If I went back into the dream, it was still the same one, and the spirit would keep trying to scare/upset me.

They are usually angry spirits who either don't know that they are dead, and therefore can't figure out why they can't communicate with most people, or who do know that they are dead, and for whatever reason want someone to know how they died. When I was living in Sunbury, I was next to a main road, and so it happened reasonably often. One night in particular, I had a scene with the sound of screaming in my ears, while the level of pressure around my throat got gradually tighter and tighter until I died in the dream, and then woke up. It was an angry spirit of a woman who had been strangled, and wanted to show someone what had been done to her.

If you know how, banish before you sleep. If you don't, let me know and I will find you some links. I would also recommend getting some incense with Martian correspondences, (sandalwood or dragonsblood both work well) and burning it in your room, or smudging with sage. If there is a particular Godform who you find valuable, get one of their statues or icons and keep it in your bedroom, if you do not already, as well.
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13   #3
LarkWahya
Mystic Mouse

well that explains a lot, i live next to a railroad track, that is built on what used to be part of the canal through ohio. Last night was better though, as far as dreams go, it was tornados this time, lots of them. But as i enjoy odd weather and want to hunt them someday it didnt bother me much, infact i was saving people and tracking the storm in the dream. Then i woke up and when i went back to sleep i had a dream about little girls going door to door with free cookies while a traveling troop of dancers performed the nutcracker ballet in my neighbors yard.

i have burned dragons blood before and it has helped, so ill do that again and see if it gets better

Do you think amethysts could be the souls of good violets? ~Anne of Green Gables
Old 07-28-13   #4
petrus4
Leaper

Quote:
well that explains a lot, i live next to a railroad track, that is built on what used to be part of the canal through ohio.
Yep. Living next to major transit routes tends to be an issue. Railway lines, highways, main roads; that sort of thing.

Quote:
i have burned dragons blood before and it has helped, so ill do that again and see if it gets better
Good.

http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=7777.0 - I'd also recommend reading this, as well.
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13   #5
Brigidrose
Mermaid

I think tornadoes mean big change coming...maybe a new job? Smudging and burning incense really does help too..
You could just be picking up on things that have nothing to do with you like other peoples dreams. Before bed center yourself and ask your guides to help you get a good nights sleep.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13   #6
Leben
The Peanut Gallery

Will you list your typical diet here and what kinds and how much of exercise you do each day/week? How much time do you spend watching television/video compared to how much time you spend physically active? what types of medications are you on if any? have you been experiencing atypical amounts of stress? There are so many factors here to explore before 'roamers' is the logical conclusion -- no offense petrus.
Leben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13   #7
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leben View Post
Will you list your typical diet here and what kinds and how much of exercise you do each day/week? How much time do you spend watching television/video compared to how much time you spend physically active? what types of medications are you on if any? have you been experiencing atypical amounts of stress? There are so many factors here to explore before 'roamers' is the logical conclusion -- no offense petrus.
Have to agree. Especially when you consider right now we are being bombarded with images of World War Z and Alien invasion via Pacific Rim and any number of other Alien invasion shows such as Star Trek as it is being compared to the new Wolverine movie and the eye candy scenes.

Zombie's are the big in thing at the moment and are being pushed across a multiple of visual fronts that are made to touch upon other senses. To a degree the same could be said of the Alien Invasion things. Subliminal is one aspect of pushing trends that we notice but don't notice.

None of that truly touching upon the simple fact of meals and what one eats and that influence upon ones dream state and mental state.
MonSno_LeeDra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13   #8
LarkWahya
Mystic Mouse

hmm well most my exercise comes from work, walking around a lot, lifting shelves and freight, squats cuz there is for some reason a lot of getting up and down when youre stocking things. Other than that any exercise i get is either walking or standing crunches but ive only been doing the crunches thing for a few weeks now.

diet, i eat apples at least once a day, bananna once a week, lots of milk at least a glass a day, water while im at work, stove top popcorn (plain lightly salted is all), then whatever gets made for dinner and lunch usually typical foods: tacos, hamburger helper, rice and chicken, steak adn rice with gravy, cold meat sandwhichs and chips. Not particularly healthy but all stuff ive been eating since young

Im on three meds, zyrtec for allergies, if i dont take it i break out in a rash at work from the dust and chemicals on the fabric, spironolactin (its a blood pressure pill but im on it because i had a cyst on my ovairy when i was in highschool and its supposed to help with that) and birth control.

we dont have cable so any tv i watch is whats on basic that e can pic up with the antenna, mostly sitcoms, big brother, csi, under the dome, mom and i watch private practice on the weekends at like 1 am. otherwise im on the computer looking at craft sites or knitting/crocheting something.

Old 07-28-13   #9
Leben
The Peanut Gallery

Well, looks like a pretty unhealthy diet -- nowhere did you list "organic fruit and vegetables," which should really make up the majority of food you eat. Lots of refined foods and empty calories. It doesn't make it alright that this is all food you've been eating since childhood, if anything, that's all the more reason to change your diet now.

Spironolactone sounds like nasty stuff; hormonal disruption compounded by the hormonal disruptive effects of birth control -- I wouldn't be surprised if there were a whole slew of side effects. Just because your doctor gave you these, DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE GOOD FOR YOU. Same goes for food. Just because other people around you are eating it, your family eats it, society eats it, DOES NOT MEAN IT'S FOOD! Same with television programming (and it's called programming for a reason).

I don't mean this as a critique of your character, LW, I'm sure you're a very nice and well intending individual, but it seems like you've fallen hook-line-and-sinker for the American way of life ... I'd say, educate yourself about the TRUTH concerning your diet, your health, what it is you put into your body AND your mind.
Leben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13   #10
inkdreamer
Queen of Hearts

Quote:
Snip
Im on three meds, zyrtec for allergies, if i dont take it i break out in a rash at work from the dust and chemicals on the fabric, spironolactin (its a blood pressure pill but im on it because i had a cyst on my ovairy when i was in highschool and its supposed to help with that) and birth control.
Did you dr. say well all we can do for that cyst is pills for the rest of your life or until menopause? Or did he just leave you an open prescription? You definitely might want to see another dr. if that cyst is still bothering you.

Sorry, I can't help with the nightmares. But I would be happy to light a candle for you if you thought it would help.