Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Dreamwork and Interpretation

Dreamwork and Interpretation All methods and systems of working with, learning from and interpreting our dreams

Old 04-20-14   #1
BigAl
Eclectic

Default A Passing Rose

Not really a dream, but some imagery that I'm struggling to make sense of. Any suggestions appreciated.

Background: On the night of the 19th, we received the news that A. (a neighbour) had died peacefully at home, after a long illness, at around 22:00.

In the early hours of the 20th, I was entering a deep meditative state, when the following scene unfolded. Somehow I knew, as I watched, that it was related to A..

"A woman is walking right to left. She holds the hand of a young girl. Initially I cannot see the girl, but there is a long focus on the right hand of the girl in the left hand of the woman. The word "Rose", accompanied by the strongest scent of same. The scene enlarges to take in the young girl, blonde, wearing a blue print dress. Though only 6-8 years old, she is obviously pregnant. Neither she, nor her mother appear to be aware of her condition."

That's it. My confusion is around the certainty that this strange imagery had something to do with A. She was born in a house named after the flower, if that helps any. I'm stumped!

Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited by BigAl; 04-20-14 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Added details of which hands were involved - never know, may be an important detail... :)
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-14   #2
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Default Re: A Passing Rose

If she was connected to you and though highly of you it sounds like the Kiss of Goodbye or Passing. Her way to say her final goodbye and leaving an image that you'd associated with her and recognize her passing and fairwell.
MonSno_LeeDra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14   #3
feranaja

My initial impression is rebirth - your friend wants you to know that the person she will come back as, is already chosen.
and the rose, is there to make sure you know who this is all about.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14   #4
DonelleBeira

My first thought was similar - "when you meet "Rose", you will understand."

"Remember these moments always, but do not ignore the sad times, either. Memory is the greatest of gifts."
Spoken by Aditu, a Sithi (an Elf)
from "To Green Angel Tower II"
by Tad Williams
DonelleBeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14   #5
BigAl
Eclectic

Oh... thanks all, never even considered that possibility. Doh!
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote