Go Back   EarthSong Forums > The Arts > Film and Theatre

Film and Theatre For discussion on film of all genres, theatre, all performing arts.

Old 06-12-15   #1
LarkWahya
Mystic Mouse

Default Jurrasic World

*fangirly pterodactyl screech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* GO SEE IT, DO IT NOW!!!!

oh man my adrenaline is still pumping, actual fight or flight response guys, my legs were tense and my heart was pounding for 2 hours. i could hardly take the stairs my legs are so cramped now

this was a great movie and touches on a lot of the topics of the original like ethics and respect for what you've created, mans need for control over nature and the complete and utter bullshit we think passes for that, oh ho ho did ingen get it good this time (AND THEY TOTALLY LEFT A SETUP FOR A SEQUEL!!!)

there are tons of little nods to the original film in the dialogue and action sequences, plus a really super big nod i wont give away but ill tell you skeletons were involved! (you can guess which kind ) there is a lot of action and its perfectly spaced so just as you're commin down from the last intense scene they hit you again, granted this movie was so hyped that the beginning i was just like ok ok get to the good stuff already, but the set up of the park and the bits you get to see form the boys going to the attractions are really cool (and to say the least probably a social commentary on our parks like sea world and zoos). i hope someone who works for a museum sees this and tries to implement some of the interactive technology it would really get kids more engaged in science

i highly recommend, i saw it in regular digital cinema this time, but i totally want to go see it again in 3D

Oh and as a note for the sensitive types, you definitely see some carnage nothing too too bad but there is blood, there is a scene with the brontosaurs' that about broke my heart, and just an fyi baby dinos are injured and it is heart wrenching (but the handlers do try to protect them at least)

OH! and P.P.S the commercials (trailers) totally make you think some stuff is gonna happen that doesn't; they did some wicked editing for those bad boys and definitely fudged them with snippets of deleted scenes or ones with changed dialogue because some stuff happened i did not see coming

ok gonna go try and contain the fangirl now (*eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*)

Do you think amethysts could be the souls of good violets? ~Anne of Green Gables
Green is the primary color of the world

Last edited by LarkWahya; 06-12-15 at 10:10 PM.
LarkWahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15   #2
Bartmanhomer

Default Re: Jurrasic World

Oh man! I'm going with my day treatment program to see it on Wednesday.
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15   #3
LarkWahya
Mystic Mouse

forewarning its a looong movie, 2 hours and 4 minutes, monitor your liquid intake because you will have to pee

Do you think amethysts could be the souls of good violets? ~Anne of Green Gables
Green is the primary color of the world
LarkWahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-15   #4
Brigidrose
Mermaid

We are going tonight ! Our son went last night. He will probably go again.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-15   #5
Bartmanhomer

I saw Jurrasic World with my day treatment program and it was wonderful. There was a lot of action and dinosaur fighting in it.
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote