Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Rune Magic

Old 08-10-09   #1
Nesta
The Mighty Owl

Default Rune Meditations

This thread http://earthsongforums.com/showthrea...=weather+magic led to a renewed interest in delving into the rune energies for self development. I used to focus on this a lot but had to put it aside for a time.

I want to meditate on each rune and post my results and hopefully share thoughts on the rune energies. I use runes for self development. It's not divination in the usual sense but I think in a way it's still divination.

I meditate at night because it's when my awareness opens up in a different way from my daytime hearthwitch ways. Whenever I am focusing my meditations in a specific direction I always have a representative object which then gets placed under my pillow. The insight then carries on in my dreams.

Fehu Meditation

Fehu denotes assets primarily. Obtaining, tending and developing assets whether it's money in the bank, a job or business, car, home or other possessions. It's about attending to the assets we have in our lives in order to make them prosper. Assets ignored and neglected will deteriorate.

I spend some time thinking about this and applying it to my life. This becomes what I think of as my personal Fehu.

home
work
creativity
artistic talent
friends and family relationships
spiritual potential

After considering each of these I developed a focused awareness of what each means to me and how each requires development. This part took a considerable amount of time. The last time I did a Fehu meditation my life was very different. It provided an excellent comparison and gave new insight into my current circumstances.

There was one overall message. I have a habit of seeing something I want, some new thing I want to learn about or some new thing I want to do in my life. I get really excited and dive right into it without considering the options and implications. I need to take more time to plan and consider.

everything happens for a reason

Nesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09   #2
Daedralord

Default Re: Rune Meditations

Very nice Nesta . Perhaps I can add some of my own feelings about Fehu too. You did touch upon them on another level as well. Fehu also is the very beginning of the runic alphabeth and therefore it initiates, it sets the stage for a beginning, a beginning of a new endeavour or a new relationship. It also has very fertile energy with it, generative energy. Though different from Ur/Uruz. Perhaps also due to its close associations with Freya and Freyr. It draws energy in and shapes energy. With the generative aspect it also has the idea that what you have will increase. Like fertile cattle reproducing. Money made from money you already have kind of thing.
Old 08-10-09   #3
Daedralord

What is very interesting and important too I think is how you saw the energy of Fehu present in your own life. That is what makes these meditations so valuable. Magically I can say that Fehu has brought me many oppurtunities in the past as new horizons opened up to me. When I used Fehu I made lots of new friends and helpers on my path.
Old 08-10-09   #4
Nesta
The Mighty Owl

Thanks for adding that information, what you said has huge importance.

It's important to look at each rune individually and also see it in the wider context in it's placement within the aett. Also thank you for stating the most obvious which I completely forgot to add. Fehu is the first rune of Freyr's Aett.

(an apt example of Nesta's habit of rushing in without due consideration)

Old 08-10-09   #5
Nacken

I'm not sure about whether you do this or not, but I chant the rune that I'm meditating on. Chanting or galdr surrounds you with that rune's essence... some would call it an energy while some would call it spirit ally. Feel it surround you and interpenetrate you, breathe it, swim in it, let it carry you away. Become it.
Nacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-09   #6
Nesta
The Mighty Owl

Nacken I'm glad you posted this. It's a very important aspect of rune work although it's something I choose not to do. That is perhaps better explained in the following thread;

http://earthsongforums.com/showthrea...7287#post57287

Runes are very important to me, they have a very specific function for me though and so I don't use Galdr, I focus on Seidr instead.

However I do experience everything you describe, just without the chanting.

Old 08-12-09   #7
Nacken

If you can do the same thing without chanting, more power to ya. I know that not everyone is going to do things like I do, but chanting the runes works for me.
Nacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-09   #8
Nesta
The Mighty Owl

I think it's more that I'm the exception to the rule than you are here. If I could do it I would

Old 08-13-09   #9
Nesta
The Mighty Owl

Uruz Meditation

This is such a deeply powerful rune. It denotes perseverance, courage, strength, health. It pulls me in and when I get too close something in me pulls back. I get closer each time and I'm determined to keep going. Uruz is a primal, earthy energy that is very important to me. All energy is important but this especially so. Getting so close to primal energy is a bit like playing with fire. I want to get close but I know that the sensation won't be pleasant if I get too close.

This is a rune that gets to the very core of me. I'm going to have to redo it tonight. I got lost in it last night. I begun the meditation not long after logging out of ESF here last night and I lost hours. I could feel the point when I had the option to carry on or step back. Curiosity got the better of me and I let it take me.

I'm aiming for a slightly structured experience tonight.

Old 08-13-09   #10
Daedralord

Nice Nesta . Will be following your progress and if you don't mind I will also add to your experiences I still need to do this meditation again too.

Uruz does run pretty deep magically I always saw it as a primary "power" rune it becomes like a driving engine of many a working. Will add more later.