Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Rune Magic

Old 08-13-09   #11
Darkwater

Default Re: Rune Meditations

The festival of Lugh,linked with harvest's,was just the other Sunday there.

I know a couple of runes,mainly by trying to interpret a bind-rune which was given me.Anyone else ever received one?

I have only used them for self developement too,most useful tool's.

I like standing in *rune man* position for meditation sometimes.

This *position* has many label's in many cultures.

C(K)eltic is just a label for *the hidden people*(I am a bluenose,ahem)
Old 08-13-09   #12
Nesta
The Mighty Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedralord View Post
Nice Nesta . Will be following your progress and if you don't mind I will also add to your experiences I still need to do this meditation again too.

Uruz does run pretty deep magically I always saw it as a primary "power" rune it becomes like a driving engine of many a working. Will add more later.
Please do, I'll look forward to it.

everything happens for a reason

Nesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09   #13
Daedralord

Worded that completely wrong but I think you got the meaning .

Of course I cannot add to your personal experiences I can share mine though. Sorry.

Darkwater: Did you get the bindrune with friendly intentions at least. It sounds like someone was trying to work magic on you.

Any dark individual runes or reveses in the bindrune? I don't want to go off-topic with Nesta's thread here though...
Old 08-13-09   #14
Nesta
The Mighty Owl

Quote:
Worded that completely wrong but I think you got the meaning .

Of course I cannot add to your personal experiences I can share mine though. Sorry.

Darkwater: Did you get the bindrune with friendly intentions at least. It sounds like someone was trying to work magic on you.

Any dark individual runes or reveses in the bindrune? I don't want to go off-topic with Nesta's thread here though...
I had a giggle at first DL but I know what you mean

Darkwater maybe you could start a bindrune thread? It's something I'm interested in too.

Old 08-13-09   #15
Daedralord

The Ur meditation turned rather gruesome for me. I don't know if you can relate to anything but the vision I had was very meaningful to me:

Had an interesting if rather gruesome experience with Ur. A spontaneous vision developed out of what was to be a meditation and things just seemed to flow, although I died rather horribly and could not stop it. It was rather fun in the end weirdly enough.

I chanted Oor-Ooze a couple of times while focussing on the shape. My chant sounded distant and like someone was blowing a horn but I found it was an animal giving a call. I found myself on a vast plain with forests in the distance. A wild herd of large animals were grazing here. Mothers with young and Fathers with very big horns. I assume these were aurochs due to the rune. Though I should really go look at pictures of them - I have no clue what they look like.

I carelessly walked into the herd admiring the mothers with their children and how protective they were of the young. The fathers did not approve of my intrusion and one of them charged and impaled me on its horn. I felt it enter and it was a rather bad wound. The bull knocked me over and they started to trample me. Sorry about the gruesome graphic. But this was how I died...Trampled continuously by heavy hooves I felt my skull crack and I felt like I was draining into the ground. Into the land itself. Next I instantly reformed and sped up far beyond the earth at a great speed.

I came to rest in this place where there was no direction. There was no time and there was no space. A point everywhere, yet nowhere and I was this point of focus amidst a sea of infinity an infinite sea of energy. From my position I could draw in the boundless energy from all around.

After my death I felt instantly transformed connected to everything. And here I was. The locale changed and I was with one of the animals that killed me. The animal was licking a block of ice I think this came up from a known myth about Audumla the primal cow shaping things by licking a block of ice. I however, in vengeance killed the creature. I had a knife and I stabbed it. I slit its throat and I felt its strong heartbeat slowly draining with its blood. I was covered in blood and I stooped to drink and wash myself. I tasted the iron taste of blood scooped up in my hands. And things instantly changed again.

In a symbol that looked more Hindu or Egyptian. I was a glowing being seated upon a lotus encased within an egg. Floating on a boundless ocean of eternity and energy. This boundless ocean had the potential of creation. Anything I thought came to be I created by my mere thoughts and I could be anywhere by my thoughts. A point everywhere, yet nowhere and connected to all things all at the same time.

It ended and I returned to awareness. For a twist I looked into my magic mirror and called Ur to show me its secrets within the mirror. I didn't get much from this. But I had the sense of looking through a window into the boundless and a place of infinite potential and Ur is like the window and the door to boundlessness. The primal cow seems merely a symbol a cover for something much, much vaster.
Old 08-13-09   #16
Daedralord

To add to the above it had more to do with the feelings I felt rather than the imagery. The feelings were intense and amazing. ADDED: Perhaps what I felt from Ur the point in boundlessness was similar to your feelings, Nesta. I felt like I could remain in that state touching upon the infinite. Or lose myself in that infinity. Bottomline, Ur is a pretty powerful rune.

Hitman: Very interesting experience did the experience relate to the experiences with the rune? The rune names sometimes confuse the shit out of me. Aiwaz is another variant on Ehwaz the horse rune? Or are you referring to Eiwaz the Yew tree rune? Interesting Ehwaz I have seen used as part of charms to douse fire. Strange that the rune of communication, bonding and partnerships yields such a fiery experience. Perhaps it still has levels I need to explore.

Last edited by Daedralord; 08-13-09 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-14-09   #17
Nesta
The Mighty Owl

Quote:
To add to the above it had more to do with the feelings I felt rather than the imagery. The feelings were intense and amazing. ADDED: Perhaps what I felt from Ur the point in boundlessness was similar to your feelings, Nesta. I felt like I could remain in that state touching upon the infinite. Or lose myself in that infinity. Bottomline, Ur is a pretty powerful rune.
I had very similar sensations and experiences last night DL. I went into it with the decision to let go rather than it just happening to me. The first night I felt stuck in the energy, too deep, I think my sense were overawed. Last night I was able to experience it in a more thoughtful way. My mind stopped in a yellowy swirling place that was intensely huge and deep, I felt a pressure (not unpleasant) pressing in all around me and that I was on the very edge of vastness. This from your previous post is exactly what I would describe.

Quote:
I came to rest in this place where there was no direction. There was no time and there was no space. A point everywhere, yet nowhere and I was this point of focus amidst a sea of infinity an infinite sea of energy. From my position I could draw in the boundless energy from all around.

It was extremely intense and amazing. I tried to take it further to relate the energies to my life. I'm going to have to keep going back to work with Uruz, I think the energies are so deep that I'm being allowed in little by little so I don't get completely lost. I asked Thor for assistance as it's his rune and I asked Odin to let me learn something.

I learned how it feels at the tip of the iceberg and what I can do to get further. I was given mental images of waves crashing, a five pointed star and mouths, lots of mouths. Some were human, some animals, some were indescribable. Some closed, most open, fangs and teeth everywhere. I asked for more.

Then, strangely, I was at a bus stop. I had too many bags and my neighbour's two children with me, ie too much to carry and deal with. I put the children and some of the bags on the bus and asked the driver to wait until I got the rest, she drove away leaving my bags behind. I got really upset and stressed.

Stressing myself over things I don't need that are best left?
Taking the little things with me and leaving the important stuff behind? Leaving the baggage and taking what matters?

I think the most important lesson is that I have some way to go before I can realy get into the depths of Uruz.

Old 08-14-09   #18
Nesta
The Mighty Owl

Two nights of Uruz meditations have exhausted me. How are you feeling DL?

Old 08-14-09   #19
Daedralord

I felt great during the sequence but now I do feel rather drained. This may be due to many other reasons though.
Old 08-16-09   #20
Daedralord

I did my Thurisaz meditation but this one did not take so long. Thurisaz has always been somewhat of an enigma to me. On the one hand some authors associated it with Thor and on the other it had these dark aspect of being associated with giants. It is a rune of defence and attack and although my vision was not really original in my own mind it made this rune come together very well for me .

I vibrated the name for a while and found myself in a forest with a very wild feel to it. The intense storm clouds and continues lightning in the sky added to the feelings of intensity of building angst. As I moved through the wild forest I knew threats were all around and yet I was surrounded by Thurisaz and nothing could harm me. I came upon this clearing in the mountains with big, big stone buildings and I walked through this village where giants were sitting devouring carcasses. They stopped to look at me but they did not harm me in fact they could not harm me and I knew it. I walked all the way into the hall of their king seated upon a giant throne. And mockingly walked up to him without fear. Thurisaz allowed me to face my fear Thurisaz shielded me from any harm.

Next I was in a goat drawn charriot driving through thunderous skies some taller, strong man was with me but I did not notice any features. Perhaps my mind tried to conjure an image of Thor. But the man told me I had nothing to be afraid of. We went down and stopped in this town which looked like a seedy little den. Constantly seedy looking people tried to grab at me. Caged and chained dangerous animals tried to claw and bite at me. Yet within the rune I was perfectly safe. I came upon this tavern where men were allowed to fight. For some reason I saw Thurisaz glow over two men fighting in a central area. All the while I thought the drunkards there a little dodgy but again I was aware Thurisaz shielded me from harm. Finally leaving the town through a gate at the direction of the man from the charriot I came upon this path winding into the mountains.

As I walked here a deformed human creature snuck up on me from behind. It constantly tried to attack but I constantly projected Thurisaz and it stayed its distance but it kept attacking and Thurisaz only kept it at bay. Finally, I bided my time and when it tried to strike again I distracted it with Thurisaz and stabbed it with a sword I happened to have. The creature fled, wounded.

What was interesting was the continual danger. Thurisaz is all about danger and dark chaotic forces. Yet, it is about facing them. It is about being tested and about bravery. That is why it is sacred to Thor. It means continually testing your mettle, looking for challenges and never slacking. The rune is almost like the nature of Thor. I can see why the rune is associated with him. The rune also contains danger but it is like the idea of putting some poison in medicine to counteract the effect of dangerous poison. Does that even make sense?

Therefore it is both protective and destructive. Magically it can be used either way too. And I have used it to raise storms with lightning another dangerous force in the world. Yet in the end bringing beneficial rain.