Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Rune Magic

Old 10-02-09   #1
grog

Default eihwaz (eihwas) mist banishing

inspired by daedra lord's armor of elhwaz technique, i'll post my rune banishing/protection tech:

visualize eihwaz rune in yourself, around middle of your chest, in blueish light (at least i like to visualize it like that. i guess best alternative color would be white, but colors are very open to customization imho).

start chanting galdr- eihwaz (few times) eeeeeeeeeeeeeee (like in red) iwa iwe iwo iwu eeeeeeeeeeeee eihwaz (few times). imo galdr is best when improvised, so you can just wing it.

while chanting, visualize bunch of eihwaz runes popping around you and floating in the air, with soft glow around them. then, visualize glow expanding, like a mist so that general area where runes are floating is engulfed in mist.

in the end, visualize all this fading away, knowing that all magic (especially harmful) has been banished from the area , and that lingering effects of mist will continue to protect you for some time.

well, i hope this was coherent enough for people to understand, and if anyone needs some clarification on this- just ask
grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09   #2
Daedralord

Default Re: eihwaz (eihwas) mist banishing

Thanks Grog! Very nice and I will definitely try this one out . Thanks for sharing this!

Btw: I added clarification on those deity names in the other thread if you are interested.
Old 10-02-09   #3
grog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedralord View Post
Btw: I added clarification on those deity names in the other thread if you are interested.
thanks for that! i always wondered about Nordic religion before vanir/aesir stuff
Old 10-09-09   #4
Daedralord

Tried it out and worked pretty well. As I started building the rune's energy it seemed to take on momentum and life of its own. It seemed to grow faster and faster and the energy spread everywhere. It almost seemed to funnel around me, which may be another useful idea. It funneled and sucked all adverse energy into the mist. In a burst of light I extended the protection to the walls of the room with large glowing Eihwaz runes in each of the quarters. Place felt pretty clean of any residual energy. I added my own touch by saying a little statement of intent "By the power of Eihwaz, this area is cleared of all negative and adverse energy. By the power of Eihwaz this room is sealed against interference from malicious denizens of the worlds. So be it."

I added the link to worlds part because Eihwaz is in one aspect the rune that links various worlds and allows communication between them, including the realms of the dead.
Old 10-10-09   #5
grog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedralord View Post
Tried it out and worked pretty well. As I started building the rune's energy it seemed to take on momentum and life of its own. It seemed to grow faster and faster and the energy spread everywhere. It almost seemed to funnel around me, which may be another useful idea. It funneled and sucked all adverse energy into the mist. In a burst of light I extended the protection to the walls of the room with large glowing Eihwaz runes in each of the quarters. Place felt pretty clean of any residual energy. I added my own touch by saying a little statement of intent "By the power of Eihwaz, this area is cleared of all negative and adverse energy. By the power of Eihwaz this room is sealed against interference from malicious denizens of the worlds. So be it."

I added the link to worlds part because Eihwaz is in one aspect the rune that links various worlds and allows communication between them, including the realms of the dead.
that's great! it worked pretty much like mine then, especially that part when it spread fast (in my case i felt it almost like explosion).