Darkwater

Default Odin?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...a-Glasgow.html

Door is from Sweden,has to be Odin?

Or Dumble-door from HP?
Old 10-27-09   #2
pathwalker444

Default Re: Odin?

Ha dont know about Jesus, looks more like a couple of my biker mates.lol. Cool door though!
pathwalker444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-09   #3
Daedralord

Odin usually has one eye covered in some manner. Sure Gandalf was modeled on his iconography. Not sure about this door. I see pictures and faces on my walls all the time anyway. Looks like Jesus.
Old 10-28-09   #4
Nesta
The Mighty Owl

If that's a biker dude I want to meet him.

everything happens for a reason

everything happens for a reason

Nesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09   #5
Lord Ruthven
Pater Exemptus

Actually, it looks very like how Bernard Cornwell describes Merlin, complete with a beard that is in two large plaits.

It's a fictional Merlin!

"For the meek shall inherit absolutely nothing at all, if you stopped being so feeble you could have so much more" - Pulp 'The Day After The Revolution'
Lord Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09   #6
Eretik

Could be Odin 'the younger'.He gave his eye for a draught from Mimir's well,he drank of the wisdom of the ages and his eye was the price.

Jesus,well maybe,if you are Christian,I wonder what wood the door is made of,Ash or Oak maybe?
Old 10-28-09   #7
Darkwater

Sweden is more famous for it's pine?

Odin the younger,or someone from the Beatles yellow submarine....has the nose of *the Hermit*.

Or a Blue Angel like Pathwalker suggest's.

......Hathor came materialised from the wood at my office toilet door,was painted over recently unfortunately.Horn's and all.

Hell know's!
Old 10-28-09   #8
Eretik

I think I 'll make a pilgrimage at some point,I want to see the rest of that feature,the whorls beneath the face/beard are interesting too.

True on the pine thing,but I'm curious,if it was Ash it would be 'tres cool' purely on the syncronicity factor,lol...

Actually I do think it looks a bit like one of the old boys,in a roundabout way,from a few years or twenty back,lol again.
Old 10-28-09   #9
Darkwater

mmmmm,used to visit their west end HQ in Byer's Road,Curler's.I only got in the Howff twice before it burned down.

Going into Ikea I laugh at all the victim's coming out the other end laden down with gear........3 hrs later I trundle out with a new rug,a picture,a flatpack drawer set,blah blah blah..hah hah hah.

Tell us if it is worth a vist.....Ash would be like...WOW!..
Old 10-28-09   #10
Eretik

Ah the nostalgia moments, a sign we are getting long in the tooth? Lol.

I want to go get a bookcase,my book storage is needing expanded...I'll be taking a map, compass and guide so I don't get lost.I heard some folk take all day just to find their way to the exit...ohoh.

I will ask about the wood of the door when I'm there,get a better pic or two,if I can,I 'll report back when I do.I wonder if it goes through to the other side of the door too?

Gents Lav.....best check that when it's quiet,eh? [My son can do that bit,really,lol.]

If you go ask them too and maybe some others, we could get a 'It's not Jesus,it's Odin' thing going,spark a debate..or maybe not.....

Do you think I 'd get the jail If I set up a portable blot,to honour 'the miracle of my God appearing on an object' like this?

[sorry,lots of 'face of Jesus on my toast' articles,in the rags here recently....]

Last edited by Eretik; 10-28-09 at 03:43 PM.
Eretik is offline   Reply With Quote