Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Rune Magic

Old 08-11-09   #31
Nesta
The Mighty Owl

Default Re: Rune Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedralord View Post
The flatulence spell sounds rather funny. Now THAT is a worthy curse. Sure everyone farts but imagine how fun a spell could be that makes that stuck up aunt actually have problems with farting and do it all the time in embarrasing situations.

One guy was actually executed for using a fart spell on a girl in Iceland I think. I think the spell is in the Galdrabok originally I am not sure. That site I had a link to has a modernized version of the spell.

Got to love their sense of humour. I still laugh at farts, can't help myself.

everything happens for a reason

everything happens for a reason

Nesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-09   #32
Brigidrose
Mermaid

Quote:
Anyone here with a particular interest in the Germanic runes (Futhark). Or with experience in their use. I have found most people seem to believe they are only used for divination. But I have always seen their function as primarily magical and have found them truly powerful. Here is a very interesting page with runic spells (rune charms).

http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/charms.html
Also has descriptions of each of the runes and other charms as well on other pages. Follow the next or back links at the bottom or the "go to" jump thingy. The next page has warrior charms and charms for peace very interesting.

DL I just found this .... I know ... I love it !! also the courage rune, the very last one is similar to the symbol my son had a dream of ayear or so ago. I could never find anything quite like it. This is the closest and it makes perfect sense...

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10   #33
hearthcrafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesta View Post
My interest in and use of runes is a direct result of my bond with Odin.
This is true for me also. I have had an interest in runes since I was 12 or 13, I picked up a set of them at a metaphysical store on a holiday because they looked fascinating.

In the past couple years Odin made his presence well known and I got the distinct impression I was to learn more of him by starting with the runes. This has proved harder than I initially thought, but the hard stuff is usually what becomes the most important once you figure it out
hearthcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10   #34
Sylver

Quote:
Anyone here with a particular interest in the Germanic runes (Futhark). Or with experience in their use. I have found most people seem to believe they are only used for divination. But I have always seen their function as primarily magical and have found them truly powerful. Here is a very interesting page with runic spells (rune charms).

http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/charms.html
Also has descriptions of each of the runes and other charms as well on other pages. Follow the next or back links at the bottom or the "go to" jump thingy. The next page has warrior charms and charms for peace very interesting.
I was directed to Runes back in 1996 and have been studying and teaching since. I use Runes in healing, magic, meditation and divination. I have also tried doing the Rune yoga and singing which I have to say were both interesting experinces.

As for Sunnyway that has been one of my favourite sites for years and I have referred my students toit in the past. Another site I also like to refer to is Runic journey
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10   #35
Nacken

Sunnyway and Runic Journey are both great sites, and they are free to use. But I have bought books by Edred Thorsson and Freya Aswynn and believe them to be a good investment. They have more indepth information than either site and besides I prefer to read a book than a computer screen.
Nacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10   #36
Blackwolf
Faery Path Elder

I work with both 29 , and 24 systems , non Odinic
and teach the uses , including the old chants , and
magic...
Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10   #37
Sylver

Quote:
I have bought books by Edred Thorsson and Freya Aswynn and believe them to be a good investment
I have Edred's Rune Might book but that is it until I have the luxury of spare money
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10   #38
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacken View Post
Sunnyway and Runic Journey are both great sites, and they are free to use. But I have bought books by Edred Thorsson and Freya Aswynn and believe them to be a good investment. They have more indepth information than either site and besides I prefer to read a book than a computer screen.
Possibly one of the best overall rune references is TAKING UP THE RUNES by Diana Paxson. She references Thorsson and Aswynn (and others) often, as well adding her own insights.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote