Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Rune Magic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-09   #31
Nesta
The Mighty Owl
 
Nesta's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: I'm on the rocks beside the sea, meditating
Posts: 1,507

Reputation: 61
Default Re: Rune Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedralord View Post
The flatulence spell sounds rather funny. Now THAT is a worthy curse. Sure everyone farts but imagine how fun a spell could be that makes that stuck up aunt actually have problems with farting and do it all the time in embarrasing situations.

One guy was actually executed for using a fart spell on a girl in Iceland I think. I think the spell is in the Galdrabok originally I am not sure. That site I had a link to has a modernized version of the spell.

Got to love their sense of humour. I still laugh at farts, can't help myself.
__________________



everything happens for a reason



everything happens for a reason

Nesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-09   #32
Brigidrose
Mermaid
 
Brigidrose's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 10,814

Reputation: 638
Default Re: Rune Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedralord View Post
Anyone here with a particular interest in the Germanic runes (Futhark). Or with experience in their use. I have found most people seem to believe they are only used for divination. But I have always seen their function as primarily magical and have found them truly powerful. Here is a very interesting page with runic spells (rune charms).

http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/charms.html
Also has descriptions of each of the runes and other charms as well on other pages. Follow the next or back links at the bottom or the "go to" jump thingy. The next page has warrior charms and charms for peace very interesting.

DL I just found this .... I know ... I love it !! also the courage rune, the very last one is similar to the symbol my son had a dream of ayear or so ago. I could never find anything quite like it. This is the closest and it makes perfect sense...
__________________
~ One by one, we will step into the center of the circle. We will hear our names chanted, feel the cone rise around us. We will receive the gift, and remember: I am Goddess..
You are God, Goddess. All that lives, breathes, loves, sings in the unending harmony of being is divine.
SH~

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~


Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10   #33
hearthcrafter
 
hearthcrafter's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 41

Reputation: 6
Default Re: Rune Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesta View Post
My interest in and use of runes is a direct result of my bond with Odin.
This is true for me also. I have had an interest in runes since I was 12 or 13, I picked up a set of them at a metaphysical store on a holiday because they looked fascinating.

In the past couple years Odin made his presence well known and I got the distinct impression I was to learn more of him by starting with the runes. This has proved harder than I initially thought, but the hard stuff is usually what becomes the most important once you figure it out
hearthcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10   #34
Sylver

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 156

Reputation: 20
Default Re: Rune Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedralord View Post
Anyone here with a particular interest in the Germanic runes (Futhark). Or with experience in their use. I have found most people seem to believe they are only used for divination. But I have always seen their function as primarily magical and have found them truly powerful. Here is a very interesting page with runic spells (rune charms).

http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/charms.html
Also has descriptions of each of the runes and other charms as well on other pages. Follow the next or back links at the bottom or the "go to" jump thingy. The next page has warrior charms and charms for peace very interesting.
I was directed to Runes back in 1996 and have been studying and teaching since. I use Runes in healing, magic, meditation and divination. I have also tried doing the Rune yoga and singing which I have to say were both interesting experinces.

As for Sunnyway that has been one of my favourite sites for years and I have referred my students toit in the past. Another site I also like to refer to is Runic journey
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10   #35
Nacken

 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 1,128

Reputation: 129
Default Re: Rune Magic

Sunnyway and Runic Journey are both great sites, and they are free to use. But I have bought books by Edred Thorsson and Freya Aswynn and believe them to be a good investment. They have more indepth information than either site and besides I prefer to read a book than a computer screen.
Nacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10   #36
Blackwolf
Faery Path Elder
 
Blackwolf's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Coast USA
Posts: 2,120

Reputation: 315
Default Re: Rune Magic

I work with both 29 , and 24 systems , non Odinic
and teach the uses , including the old chants , and
magic...
Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10   #37
Sylver

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 156

Reputation: 20
Default Re: Rune Magic

Quote:
I have bought books by Edred Thorsson and Freya Aswynn and believe them to be a good investment
I have Edred's Rune Might book but that is it until I have the luxury of spare money
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10   #38
Rick

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Eye of the Storm
Posts: 124

Reputation: 116
Default Re: Rune Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacken View Post
Sunnyway and Runic Journey are both great sites, and they are free to use. But I have bought books by Edred Thorsson and Freya Aswynn and believe them to be a good investment. They have more indepth information than either site and besides I prefer to read a book than a computer screen.
Possibly one of the best overall rune references is TAKING UP THE RUNES by Diana Paxson. She references Thorsson and Aswynn (and others) often, as well adding her own insights.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Current time: 04:05 PM (GMT -4)


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 - 2019, EarthSong Forums. Most rights reserved.