Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Methodology

Methodology This forum is for sharing and discussion of all magical methods and techniques, from basic to advanced. Discussion is not confined to any one path or philosophy but welcomes all takes on the topic.

Old 07-14-11   #91
ffetcher

Default Re: The Sacred Cord Meditations

Fabienne, I'm finding your descriptions fascinating, and it's bringing back memories (not all of them wonderful). Since it's an intensely personal experience, I've sucked my teeth before posting this, which is more support than advice, really. But...

From me... I had difficulty keeping up half an hour, and reducing the length helped rather than hindered. (IIRC, Seymour who worked with DNF, recommends about ten minutes in one of his lectures). And if you miss a day, it doesn't seem to make any difference, so don't beat yourself up.

and from DAN herself, don't recall whether this is in the book, but we were (natch) in a pub in London after one of her talks - if it hasn't 'stuck', it's fine/good to do the meditation again, but don't go back to a previous one.

blessings
ffetcher
(a tee-shirt for the top quark team at CERN: now the title of an anthology of papers on quantum physics edited by Stephen Hawking)
ffetcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13   #92
Fabienne S. Morgana
Thread Necromancer

ffetcher - I might take more advice from you here, if I may..

I had to put down this work - I found it literally mind blowing, incredibly powerful, and quite consuming.

It's calling me back, and I find myself uncertain as to how to proceed. Do I revisit? I think 10 minutes is probably a better idea, actually - I was finding myself under for ages, and like I said - consuming...

FPSM - inspired by Donald L. Engstrom-Reece

Business page on the ubiquitous Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FabienneS.Morgana

Twitter: https://twitter.com/FabienneMorgana
Fabienne S. Morgana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13   #93
ffetcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabienne S. Morgana View Post
ffetcher - I might take more advice from you here, if I may..

I had to put down this work - I found it literally mind blowing, incredibly powerful, and quite consuming.

It's calling me back, and I find myself uncertain as to how to proceed. Do I revisit? I think 10 minutes is probably a better idea, actually - I was finding myself under for ages, and like I said - consuming...
This is a holding response, I'm afraid. I didn't miss the questions, nor have I forgotten - the post's been open in a separate pane since you put it up. I suspect everyone who posted in the thread will understand why, with questions this direct, I feel I need to get it [as] right [as I can, given that we've never actually met FTF]. Give me a day or so more, please.

blessings
ffetcher
(a tee-shirt for the top quark team at CERN: now the title of an anthology of papers on quantum physics edited by Stephen Hawking)
Old 02-22-13   #94
Fabienne S. Morgana
Thread Necromancer

ffetcher, take all the time you wish.

I considered deeply before posting - and whether to make it a public post or a private one - however, in the interests of transparency and also in terms of perhaps putting it out there for others, because I know I wasn't the only one interested in this work, I decided to make it public.

I also trust your opinion and perspective, as someone who has worked the path, and the tradition, I felt that you were the best person to ask in terms of an informed opinion.

On one level, I almost doubt that I have ever stopped working it, because it has informed, subtly, so much .. and continues to inform.. and I perhaps need to make time to sit and document that too, even if that is just privately.

FPSM - inspired by Donald L. Engstrom-Reece

Business page on the ubiquitous Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FabienneS.Morgana

Twitter: https://twitter.com/FabienneMorgana
Fabienne S. Morgana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-13   #95
ffetcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabienne S. Morgana View Post
ffetcher, take all the time you wish.

On one level, I almost doubt that I have ever stopped working it, because it has informed, subtly, so much .. and continues to inform.. and I perhaps need to make time to sit and document that too, even if that is just privately.
I think that last would be a good idea, maybe just for your journal, see later.

I, too, thought about PMing you, but in light of your reply, let's do this in public.

Having thought about this for a while, and actually dug out the notes I made after the two conversations I had with D A-N, although they're not really about this...

...it's been, what, eighteen months? An educated guess from your postings, and the period when you weren't here that much, is that, as I'd probably put it face to face, your head is in a fairly different place than back then - exactly how different, you may find if you retrospectively journal it - I'd suggest going back and starting again.

Dolores's notes don't, as far as I can see, say not, and in Tree of Ecstasy, she's fairly explicit on that score, so I'd guess she'd be explicit here if she had strong feelings. I haven't done any of the SoIL courses, so of course I'm not privvy to their 'inner teachings', but this would tally with my experience in other areas.

It might be interesting, perhaps enlightening, if you start by jounalling what you have already, and see what, if anything, has changed.

And yes, I know exactly what you mean by 'consuming'. It's not just this path - if you follow any of the Fortune/Seymour stuff, it's the same - there's a wonderful piece in one of Knight's edits of the magical diaries where Seymour himself confesses that he's 'fed up' with the Isis workings. I can't remember - and didn't record at the time, sadly - what my upper limit was at the time, but I did have one because some of the time I recorded 'early'.

I'd suggest that maybe fifteen minutes would do it, but you're very experienced and know your own headspace better than I ever will.

As always, however, ignore anything that you disagree with.

blessings
ffetcher