Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Qabalah

Qabalah Qabalah , Kabbalah, Cabala, Kcebealla , and all correspondences , trees , and methods of meditation and magical practices, including pathworking the trees

Old 10-30-10   #1
The Black Elf

Default TAO in Quaballah

Came across this TAO glossary of terms & would like some views upon the similarities with Quaballah......both systems explain the Divine force,although it would appear that there are occasions when they do more than just dovetail?

http://home.comcast.net/~taoistresource/dict.htm

Sam-boe
The three internal treasures are:

1. Tzing: essence; sexual energy;

2. Hey: vital energy;

3. Sun: divinity; divine nature; true self; spiritual energy

Sex cells (sperm/eggs) are produced from vital energies, and vital energies are produced from divinities

A mundane person's vital energy and divinity (spiritual power) are weak because he often wastes his sexual energies;

A Tao-cultivator accumulates his Three Treasures, so that his sexual energies will be transmuted back into vital energies, and his vital energies will be transmuted back into spiritual energies, then his divinity (True Self) will become stronger, and he will achieve Tao.

http://home.comcast.net/~taoistresource/body/szt3.gif chakra,including Helm of Awe.

Paradox is your greatest friend in VOID!(echo,echo,echo,echo)TeamPull of mirrors)

When things No Longer seem contrar',discoveringis of t'other ar'!John Barbour(14thc)

With a strong will,patience & hard work,anything can be acheived - Liudmila(Babulja)R.I.P.(10/2/11)Temple of The Star.

That which has never been lost cannot be hidden

Last edited by The Black Elf; 10-30-10 at 01:34 PM.
The Black Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-10   #2
Frater SCS

Default Re: TAO in Quaballah

The two schools have always struck me as very similar( and also the little bit of Vedanta that I've read about). I was fascinated with the Tao Te Ching when I was younger, and I think that's one of the reason's I was so drawn to qabala when I discovered it. I just grabbed my TTC-the LeGuin version-and randomly opened it.

Verse 40-By No Means

Return is how the Way moves.
Weakness is how the Way works.

Heaven and earth and the ten thousand things
are born of being.
Being is born of nothing.

That's Qabala.
Old 11-02-10   #3
The Black Elf

Default Re: TAO in Quaballah

On top of everything I met a witch last night who tried to cast a spell on me,her only intent being to *show off*,I think....will throw it back at her.

Was a great party! maybe even just a warm up for tonights competition/sporting contest.

Paradox is your greatest friend in VOID!(echo,echo,echo,echo)TeamPull of mirrors)

When things No Longer seem contrar',discoveringis of t'other ar'!John Barbour(14thc)

With a strong will,patience & hard work,anything can be acheived - Liudmila(Babulja)R.I.P.(10/2/11)Temple of The Star.

That which has never been lost cannot be hidden
The Black Elf is offline   Reply With Quote